You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

• 1 month later...

The other morning, our toddler got up early with me & when we went downstairs & opened the shutters he started asking about the street light which was still on outside the window. I said that I know a song about that & put Street Life by Randy Crawford on & started singing 'Street Light' instead. Now every morning we have to get up & dance to 'Street Light' before I go to work. Maybe you have to be there but it is funny as fuck. Just as aside, his dancing is awful compared with mine

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Mook said:

The other morning, our toddler got up early with me & when we went downstairs & opened the shutters he started asking about the street light which was still on outside the window. I said that I know a song about that & put Street Life by Randy Crawford on & started singing 'Street Light' instead. Now every morning we have to get up & dance to 'Street Light' before I go to work. Maybe you have to be there but it is funny as fuck. Just as aside, his dancing is awful compared with mine

It’s all the little things

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while, apologies! Life went into overdrive a little while back and I hardly get the chance to post here any more, hardly even lurking these days. What's the gossip? Is Rashid back yet? Any barney's happening in Otterspool?

Just thought a few people might be interested to know that The-Sir has a little The-Dame on the way - due in April! How does one parent? 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, The-Sir said:

Been a while, apologies! Life went into overdrive a little while back and I hardly get the chance to post here any more, hardly even lurking these days. What's the gossip? Is Rashid back yet? Any barney's happening in Otterspool?

Just thought a few people might be interested to know that The-Sir has a little The-Dame on the way - due in April! How does one parent? 

It comes naturally, Bro. It’s dead easy, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. 

2 hours ago, The-Sir said:

When they are very little, if they are crying its either due to being hungry, tired or a dirty nappy in that order of likelihood. After that you just kind of keep them breathing and wing it. 

Alternatively when I asked a similar question with Remlette still womb loitering, a great response was: like all dictators they let you know your role. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

More boring Ukraine updates I'm afraid, when it's snowy here prams and pushchairs are useless so they fling their kids round like this and I think it's fucking great and am not the least bit jealous of my daughter:

IMG-20190107-WA0003.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Best part of being a dad is definitely buying toys for yourself  er, I mean your kid.

She's still too young to be interested in Star Wars and stuff like that but I've got a lego millennium falcon sitting there waiting for the day.

Mine uttered the words I'd been longing to hear since implanting them Inception style last year 'Daddy, for my next birthday I'd like a remote control car'

Just a Mr Frosty and a scaletrix to go for all  her childhood dreams to come true 

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

Had our 12 week scan earlier this morning for our first child and the eventual heir to all my drums. We've been trying for years and thanks to the NHS it looks to be happening now, 

Greatest thing I've seen on a TV since The Wire, the little legend actually had its hands in the air and it's legs crossed to begin when we first saw it. Obviously has some good music on in there.

Even saw it stretch. Wasn't expecting to see it move (being our first I wasn't sure what to expect beforehand)

The greatest thing. Feel like I could run two marathons right now (obviously couldn't though)

• Upvote 16

1 minute ago, Juniper said:

Had our 12 week scan earlier this morning for our first child and the eventual heir to all my drums. We've been trying for years and thanks to the NHS it looks to be happening now, 

Greatest thing I've seen on a TV since The Wire, the little legend actually had its hands in the air and it's legs crossed to begin when we first saw it. Obviously has some good music on in there.

Even saw it stretch. Wasn't expecting to see it move (being our first I wasn't sure what to expect beforehand)

The greatest thing. Feel like I could run two marathons right now (obviously couldn't though)

Congrats mate. 

The first few years are hard work but you'll soon be drumming in tandem.

Just now, Elite said:

Congrats mate. 

The first few years are hard work but you'll soon be drumming in tandem.

Thanks mate

It's going to be whipped into shape as soon as it can hold some drumsticks as it's owes its dad, I've had to leave my band due to it!!

Going to rule it with drum lessons with an Iron Fist. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Juniper said:

All the best to you, and especially your missus during the pregnancy mate. It's a great feeling and one of trepidation, but fatherhood comes naturally to the majority of us. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

All the best to you, and especially your missus during the pregnancy mate. It's a great feeling and one of trepidation, but fatherhood comes naturally to the majority of us. 

Thank you, keeping our fingers crossed and keeping it off social media for the obvious reasons but she/me are over the moon so far.

The other half is doing well but 6 months to go.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Congrats mate, brilliant news! 

1 minute ago, Juniper said:

Thanks Col, it's just absolutely amazing,

Without being a Dad I can’t fully understand your joy...but I can still remember going for a beer with my brother  and him not being able to keep it a secret his missus was 2 weeks pregnant after 3 years of trying. 

Think I was almost as excited as he was. 

8 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Without being a Dad I can’t fully understand your joy...but I can still remember going for a beer with my brother  and him not being able to keep it a secret his missus was 2 weeks pregnant after 3 years of trying. 

Think I was almost as excited as he was. 

Cause we’ve had such a build up to it it’s been hard to not constantly do cartwheels every few minutes as we’ve wanted it so long, but I guess the joy is the same as any other couple.

Dont really have anything to compare it to being our first so everything for her and me is just going with the flow really but I guess that’s the same for everyone. 

Long way to go but so far so good. Could literally first pump for the rest of the day.  

• Upvote 3