You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

I was always a big fan of Origi and always mentioned his all round game when talking about him, now people are starting to recognise how good he is and to perform like that away against Dortmund was very impressive.

We don't need any strikers signed in the summer as Klopp likes to play one up front and Ings, Origi and Sturridge are top players.

I was always a big fan of Origi and always mentioned his all round game when talking about him, now people are starting to recognise how good he is and to perform like that away against Dortmund was very impressive.

We don't need any strikers signed in the summer as Klopp likes to play one up front and Ings, Origi and Sturridge are top players.

No they're not. Ings is something of an unknown quantity at this club, Origi is a promising kid and Sturridge is on the downward slide and won't give you half a season any way.

Mental if we go into next season with those three.

No they're not. Ings is something of an unknown quantity at this club, Origi is a promising kid and Sturridge is on the downward slide and won't give you half a season any way. Mental if we go into next season with those three.

Agreed, but since the very top strikers are beyond us we'd better be looking for goals from midfield, wide open competition there, and beef up the strikers with guys in the West Ham, Leicester mode, may not the most skillful but reliable players with great work rates and attitudes that are willing and able to press up the pitch.

He's looked promising since Klopp took over. Still unsure if he's got 20 league goals in him anytime soon, but he's only 20 and has enough about him to play a big role in the seasons ahead.

I don't think he'll ever be the sort to get you 20 a season, I think he'll pitch in with a dozen and work his nuts off in the process. He'll be a good player for us but I can't see him ever being our main no.9.

Seems like a decent kid, always humble and has a really impressive attitude.

Good signing.

No they're not. Ings is something of an unknown quantity at this club, Origi is a promising kid and Sturridge is on the downward slide and won't give you half a season any way.Mental if we go into next season with those three.

We need to add goals from other areas in the team, that's why top proven ams should be the priority in the summer.Those three are all good enough to get 20 goals a season if they play regularly for us imo, injuries are a concern and that may mean we need a fourth choice but that player should not be a big money signing.

If there was one player who would be good for that role and offers something different it would be Mitrovic, I saw a lot of fans asking for us to sign him last summer so I have watched him closely when I've seen Newcastle and he is outstanding at what he does.

I never thought work rate was an attribute as it should be seen as the norm but with the power Mitrovic has and how he uses his body it is for him.

We need to add goals from other areas in the team, that's why top proven ams should be the priority in the summer.Those three are all good enough to get 20 goals a season if they play regularly for us imo, injuries are a concern and that may mean we need a fourth choice but that player should not be a big money signing.

If there was one player who would be good for that role and offers something different it would be Mitrovic, I saw a lot of fans asking for us to sign him last summer so I have watched him closely when I've seen Newcastle and he is outstanding at what he does.

I never thought work rate was an attribute as it should be seen as the norm but with the power Mitrovic has and how he uses his body it is for him.

Another AM?

Weve got markovich lallanna cout and firmi while milner can operate there iff the top of my head.

Where does another one fit in?

Can't have enough AMs. Who needs deaf enders?

Think Origi has a great attitude. Fair dues to the lad. But Sturridge is a goner. His attitude stinks like a whales sperm duct.

I think Klopp sent Sturridge a strong message last night, especially as Origi delivered the goods.  Klopp picking Origi in a game of this magnitude is throwing the gauntlet down to Sturridge.  Deliver like the youngster did or it's taxi for Sturridge this summer.

As a few of the legends would say to Sturridge, there's no 'i' in team, and Sturridge isn't playing for the team.  At least Klopp seems to have him playing regularly without breaking down, which should lead to a bigger price for him.

But I agree with Zonk, Sturridge is gone.

Yep, Sturridge's greedy attitude has pissed me off this season. Selfish, and not a team player. 

Origi is still raw but give him more games to develop, he can be some player. Not as gifted as Sturridge but quicker and a better team player. 

I know, I said if we are concerned about injuries to the three strikers Mitrovic would be the ideal 4th choice and shouldn't cost much more than Newcastle paid.

He's not better than Sturridge, Ings, Firmino or Origi. Fuck, he's not better than Benteke

We need to stop signing average squad players otherwise we are just going to have a team full of shite. Well should I say, more shite than what we've already got

• Upvote 1

I don't think he's got it in him to be a first choice striker for us. Sturridge was always regarded as a wonderkid, so were Torres and Suarez. We should aim to get that calibre of players in this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he's got it in him to be a first choice striker for us. Sturridge was always regarded as a wonderkid, so were Torres and Suarez. We should aim to get that calibre of players in this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with that. He can be an important player for us, but we're not getting near a 2014 run again without some cunt who has absolutely no objection to scoring.

Some people seem to forget Ian Rush wasnt prolific when he first broke into the first team and in fact, wasnt prolific for quite a while. Just saying.

Willing to put my neck on the line here; I think Origi isn't going to be half as good as Rush was.