You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The match commentator on LFC TV

JohnnyH

I think Sophie Fairclough should be more involved , preferably naked. Exquisite breasts I'd imagine.

Yea, she started off nervous but after a while presents like a pro.

I cant help but feel she doesn't get more time as mrs lfc tv Claire rourke would get jealous of the attention, instead of promoting her they got in that bird from the bbc who has no affiliation with lfc and is a dog.

• Downvote 1

Pisses me off immensely when you get his commentary over an old game that he clearly didn't do live, and feigning surprise when we score.

That is irritating whoever it's done by because the lack of spontaneity is obvious, as is the fact that they've drowned out the crowd noise so badly it sounds like someone's vacuuming in the room.

I accept that it must be difficult to keep up what is basically a ninety minute monologue - although some cunts I've been sat next to over the years have managed it, easily - but it is the mangling of phrases in the extreme moments for which I like Bradley.

'And he's just committed football's very own version of footballing suicide here at Anfield' and 'Stories will be told, legends will be written' spring to mind. When Suarez scored the fourth against Everton at home last season Bradley, rhetorically but bafflingly, asked 'How did he do that?'. Well, John, he got the ball from Jagielka, ran in a fairly straight line and hit it past Howard. By Suarez standards of goal taking it was simple. For Bradley, in his world of hyperbolic ejaculation, it was an unfathomable mystery.

Steve Hunter's pronunciation of Ryan McLoughlin alone is enough for me to press the mute button. M'CLOCK-lin! The emphasis on the second syllable takes my demented state of mind to a depth that makes think of murder - or changing channel. Happily the remote is closer than the Halliwell Jones stadium.

• Upvote 2

He really is truly awful. I've even watching some of the goals of the season stuff and he's commentary for goals is piss poor. Amateur and embarrassing.

Why do they still use him?

Weird. I see it the opposite, insofar as I like Hunter, but hate you.

Still to put things in perspective Clark Carlisle is commentating on the Swiss Equador match, so things could be a lot worse. Carlisle a cunts cunt.

He thinks Jackson Martinez is Ecuadorian. So he's a thick cunt's cunt.

It's so right about Steve Hunter feigning surprise when obliged to commentate on archive footage. What he should say is: 'Oh, well, you know what's going to happen, it's years ago!' That would work. As for John 'Bluto' Bradley, if he says 'Oh my word!' one more time I think I'll, well, ignore it and do something else. 

• Upvote 1

Doesn't Steve Hunter do the live radio/online commentary while John Bradley does the TV coverage, usually with Gary Gillespie? I think Bradley does just fine. He's surprisingly objective - if it's a penalty against LFC, it's a penalty - although his habit of pronouncing it game over if we go two goals up at any stage wrecks my head. Rarely listen/watch it live so I won't comment on Hunter.

Doesn't Steve Hunter do the live radio/online commentary while John Bradley does the TV coverage, usually with Gary Gillespie? I think Bradley does just fine. He's surprisingly objective - if it's a penalty against LFC, it's a penalty - although his habit of pronouncing it game over if we go two goals up at any stage wrecks my head. Rarely listen/watch it live so I won't comment on Hunter.

You don't think the game is over, if we go two goals up?

Even allowing for The Shame , how often do we piss away a two goal led? It doesn't happen often.

No, it doesn't. But there's no need to tempt fate. For example, he said it when we went 4-2 up against Stoke with twenty minutes to go. This was a game where we'd already chucked away a two-goal lead!

• Upvote 1

Good point on Bradley being objective, he is not biased during commentary and there have been times I have been thinking if he supports us or not.

Hunter is too excited about everything he says, its the same wheter we win or lose, on that magazine programme they were going through the alphabet and there was a bit where all he has to say was B but he continued to go way over the top pronouncing it like B!!!!!, anyone who saw it knows what I mean.

I have to admit that I have always secretly harboured a wish that one day, after a special goal, a commentator will just curse and then keep quiet for a minute or so.

I can just imagine it after a Suarez special.  He beats someone in midfield, shimmies past the United defender and spanks it into the top corner for his fourth goal of the day, and the only thing we hear from a stunned Martin Tyler is "Well, fuck me!"