You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

You are interested in science but bring up anecdotal evidence like Fowlers bio and your own experiences? OK...

And you say "I think its clear motivation is not genetic" - not clear at all, it's also a mixture.

It is always nature AND nurture, dennis, not either/or.

Nature is minimal I was never having a nature VS nurture debate Im talking motivation vs genetics and nurture won the argument these are just the crumbs, the very fact that we have natural selection and gene alteration tells you that, even the nature argument concludes with nurture.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So people are actually trying to seriously discuss genetic predisposition with dennis fucking tooth here?

If they are, they shouldn't. He's the world's only law, politics, computer networking, and now genetics expert who also rejects education and can barely spell his own name. There's nothing to be gained.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This is fucking stupid. To say there's no such thing as talent is classic Dennis Tooth.

Denis sent away for an IQ test from the Genius Society, but all he got back was a signed Phil Collins photograph.

• Upvote 1

Not fraud two counts of GBH section 20, one with intent, one without intent and dangerous driving.

I was offered to take the dangerous driving charge and plead guilty and they would drop the rest. I mean with or without intent left me in a difficult spot, I couldnt say did or didnt intend but I always knew I would win so I declined to do any deal with the crown and won outright on all of the charges.

He came, he saw, he kicked their as....   ....no, no, no M'lud. He didn't kick their ass. There was no ass kicking or violence of any sort....

The 'genetics' argument is rejected by the self loathing people because they feel it insults them somehow for all the regrets they have in life, the bitter people, as such though it actually absolves them in many ways but then it dawns that they have to take responsibility for their own lives from now on and that of their kids. Their kids are going to shit all over numeros tho.

Numero dear me, chomsky rejects formal education you can get to me once youve taken his argument on the subject apart as its much more comprehensive than my musings but I do agree I just think if you want to argue that point why start with me, go after the big man.

The sad fact is you jump into this thread just cos Im here arguing with someone and automatically argue the opposite of what I say even when you have little pubes on your genetic knowledge you throw your weight behind it in order to prove a point, you dont have to though as the point is you are a forum rimmer hologram waving his wanky hand and we all have that well established in our hedz when we think of the liverpool way GF all star wankers thoughtcatcher.

And there will be little meaningful debate from here on in so I will now kickback and having realigned the people who listened who may now go forth and use and enjoy my gained insights rather than try and score points, Im happy for you and your meek gang of wordsmith cowards to stand behind and go 'yeah' at me for a bit while you try to 'ahehawhehaa' that shit with you chalk up you arse.

If they are, they shouldn't. He's the world's only law, politics, computer networking, and now genetics expert who also rejects education and can barely spell his own name. There's nothing to be gained.

He's basically said the exact same thing about you.

You and him are too similar to get along.

• Upvote 1

Section, the issue here is that:

"Yeah, genetics isn't the defining quality when it comes to athletes rather than graft".

Is what people will take issue with, especially when you cloud what you are actually saying by using what people would consider "lazy" or unatheltic players as your examples of players with good genetics.

Given that genetics surely plays a part in your graft level I don't really see what point you're making?

Swap Xavi for Michael Brown as kids and you really think they both still turn out as they did? Not a chance. Xavi doesn't reach his level and Brown probably hits new heights through being coached and educated differently and developing the sort of automation of play that many coaches strive for. Loads of players are born with more potential than others but getting it out is a completely different matter entirely. 

Section, the issue here is that:

"Yeah, genetics isn't the defining quality when it comes to athletes rather than graft".

Is what people will take issue with, especially when you cloud what you are actually saying by using what people would consider "lazy" or unatheltic players as your examples of players with good genetics.

Given that genetics surely plays a part in your graft level I don't really see what point you're making?

Swap Xavi for Michael Brown as kids and you really think they both still turn out as they did? Not a chance. Xavi doesn't reach his level and Brown probably hits new heights through being coached and educated differently and developing the sort of automation of play that many coaches strive for. Loads of players are born with more potential than others but getting it out is a completely different matter entirely. 

While I dont agree entirely with what you have written yet what Ive said thus far allows for it in the confines of the level we are talking. Clarifying further micheal browns dad didnt infuse enough motivation to go the extra inch learn the technical execution required and xavis dad or role model did, i think. A place where it is fun to learn brings it out further that could be at la masia or toxteths 5 a side pitches but most players will be proficient at 6 or 7 years.

The 'natural talent' thing is just someone who has dedicated themselves to something they start to see things before they happen as anyone who has spent hours on an xbox will be able to grasp. After a while you just 'get it' and pick up cues of when a ball is about to be played into the box or whatever and sections right in a way, it cant be taught no, it can certainly be learned on an individual basis with the attention level and whatever amount of effort is required for it.

Its about obsessing with bridging that gap, you might pick up a skill right away others might take longer that is as much a reflection of mind sate, whether you are good at the start or shite dont matter as long as the motive overcomes the need. 

The only time I can remember hearing about sprints during a game was when people were talking about bellamys performance at anfield against city in the league cup semi final.

He had apparently broke a record that game for the most sprints during a game that season or something, allardyce was saying around that time the team that has the most sprints during a game usually win.

I don't know much about it and have not looked in to it but all I know is Bellamy was outstanding that night and there seems to be some logic behind it.

Edited by JermainePennant