You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mis-sent Messages

Spy Bee

I inadvertently just sent a linkedin request to everybody that I have ever emailed in the ten years or so that I have been using a Gmail account. 

Ex-girlfriends (and ex-fiance who I loath)

Ex-friends

BBC sports commentators

Travel agents

Mega awkward... but not as bad as...

My sister once sent a text to her friend confirming that she had miscarried, but sent it to her whole phonebook by accident!

Can anyone better that?

• Upvote 1

I inadvertently just sent a linkedin request to everybody that I have ever emailed in the ten years or so that I have been using a Gmail account. 

Ex-girlfriends (and ex-fiance who I loath)

Ex-friends

BBC sports commentators

Travel agents

Mega awkward... but not as bad as...

My sister once sent a text to her friend confirming that she had miscarried, but sent it to her whole phonebook by accident!

Can anyone better that?

Hahahahaha (Spy Bee knows)

I once rang my ex girlfriend of 3 years about a week after I broke up with her asking for the girl I was shagging. I accidentally called Zoe who answered and I didnt recognise her voice and said is Meghan there? Bad thing is that she had suspected I was banging a girl who worked for me called Meghan. Even worse , it was about half 11 on a friday night.

Caused murder.

More importantly, i then rang Meghan who found it funny and within the hour we were back at hers doing the dirty stuff while my phone got hammered with abusive txts and voicemails all night.

• Upvote 1

Many years ago I had the displeasure of working in Slough.  There was a big fat woman who managed the building.  We'd had visitors in to the office, and as a result there was a lot of fancy food left over from a working meeting and she had placed it in the kitchen.  She said something like 'first come first served' in her email.  I sent a sniggering reply to a few mates saying something like 'there'll be fuck all left once that heffalump has battered her way through it all".  

Unfortunately I replied to the whole company, including her, her husband who worked there, the MD, everyone.  

I was dragged into the MDs office, who sat there with his head in his hands saying "Why?  Why did you do that?"

I was told in no uncertain terms to apologise and to buy her some flowers.

She made a great play of slamming the flowers into the bin.

I'm cringing while typing this, and it was 15 years ago.

• Upvote 27

Two connected issues at the same place.

Used to copy the Guardian's Fiver into my personal email and send it to my work one (before smart phones at your desk). I then decided to send this onto a mate at work. Turned out he has the same surname as the HR Director who got the impression that I had written it all out myself and not just C&Ped it and wanted me fired. Local gaffer says "No, he's ace, he knows loads of stuff we need him" so I stay but have to have a sit down talking to.

It is at this point, as a senior manager and my local manager (female) are scrolling down through my email activity telling me it's far too busy with chat with the lads on other desks that I see, in the column of emails that are being opened, closed then moving onto the next, one in which i remember saying I would quite like to cum on the face of my manager (sitting right next to me) and that she would be filth! Never has a man so hastily shown remorse and pointed out that we don't really need to keep clicking through the emails.

Silly boy.

• Upvote 9

...one in which i remember saying I would quite like to cum on the face of my manager (sitting right next to me) and that she would be filth! Never has a man so hastily shown remorse and pointed out that we don't really need to keep clicking through the emails.

Superb.

Two connected issues at the same place.

Used to copy the Guardian's Fiver into my personal email and send it to my work one (before smart phones at your desk). I then decided to send this onto a mate at work. Turned out he has the same surname as the HR Director who got the impression that I had written it all out myself and not just C&Ped it and wanted me fired. Local gaffer says "No, he's ace, he knows loads of stuff we need him" so I stay but have to have a sit down talking to.

It is at this point, as a senior manager and my local manager (female) are scrolling down through my email activity telling me it's far too busy with chat with the lads on other desks that I see, in the column of emails that are being opened, closed then moving onto the next, one in which i remember saying I would quite like to cum on the face of my manager (sitting right next to me) and that she would be filth! Never has a man so hastily shown remorse and pointed out that we don't really need to keep clicking through the emails.

Silly boy.

fucking hell!  No wonder they sent you outside with a shovel.

• Upvote 1

I had the phone number of the wife's dad in my phone as the name of my bird with dad on the end for some reason rather than just putting it in as peter. Schoolboy error.

I'd only been with her about a year when she wanted me to go and visit her dad on a Saturday in Staffordshire when I had planned to go on the lash with my mates.

You can obviously see where this is going. After arguing with her I text ' just fuck off, I'm not going down Saturday, I can't be arsed sitting with your dad while he chats shit about fucking Morris minors all day ' to him.

He has a mint condition Morris Minor he doesn't shut up about. He's never mentioned it to me but did say to Her he got an ' interesting ' text off me.

• Upvote 3

In my pissed up state I've text my ma's nextdoor neighbour asking for 20 bags a few times. Which she was always sound about; 'You've got the wrong number again flower..' except one time when I rang her at 2am and she swore at me and told me to 'either delete my number or shitting change it to something that isn't also your fucking drug dealer's name'

She had a fair point and she even apologised for shouting at me. 

Fucking iPhones.

Was in a conversation with my ex about the house at the same time as being in a conversation with a young mental bird I was banging, all while in the pub. The texts were coming through thick and fast and I somehow was meant to reply to the young bit of ass but clicked onto my ex and typed "I really want to bum you".

The second I hit send I realised what I'd done. I felt sick to the stomach and left the pub straight away. I phoned my ex and apologised and said I'd left my phone on the table and someone had grabbed it. I don't think she believed me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The second I hit send I realised what I'd done. I felt sick to the stomach and left the pub straight away. I phoned my ex and apologised and said I'd left my phone on the table and someone had grabbed it. I don't think she believed me.

On that subject, a lad I know was on a stag do and his mate sent a text to his whole phone book saying "I am in the bath thinking about you!"

The first thing he knew about it was when he got a reply... from his dad... saying "Sort your life out son!" Haha, I fucking love that story!

• Upvote 7

On that subject, a lad I know was on a stag do and his mate sent a text to his whole phone book saying "I am in the bath thinking about you!"

The first thing he knew about it was when he got a reply... from his dad... saying "Sort your life out son!" Haha, I fucking love that story!

Hahaha

Excellent