You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said he was surprised that Moyes had labelled his side as favourites for the game at Old Trafford before kick-off.

Rodgers said: "I would never say that at Liverpool, even if we were bottom of the league. Anfield is Anfield."

Moyes responded: "I just thought Liverpool were above us in the league and playing well and that any average person would have said the same."

Exactly why you'd say it Moyes, average is your middle name.

Phil Jones is nowhere near instinctive enough to be a top class centre half. You can't teach that - you either have it or you don't. He doesn't.

he's fucking awful and has been since the moment he joined them, even by their overhyping standards I don't see how he is rated

Moyes post match interview reminded me off Woys after we got battered at Woodison. Totally in denial and unable to see whats in front of him.

But lets hope they give RVP that new contract cos he's gone to dog poo quicker than Torres.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought Rodgers was absolutely class in his BBC interview. Said that he thought the penalty was enough for the handball (clearly it was a sending off, but showed class not to moan after a win). Then said about the Vidic sending off that it probably wasn't, but it didn't change the game. As he has been since he started here, a brilliant manager to have for media stuff. A brilliant manager to have for playing stuff. A brilliant manager to have for scoring goals.

• Upvote 1

Exactly why you'd say it Moyes, average is your middle name.

The man is a born loser.

This was all OK when he was manager of the Bitters, where a sense of inferiority is worn as a badge of honour and he could rail against the big, bad neighbours across the park.

Now he's in a position where he's actually expected to achieve great things and he looks utterly lost. Who's he going to blame for this? I'll tell you one thing, the fans at Old Trafford won't buy his craven bullshit for much longer.

• Upvote 2

Merse the smack head calling a spade a spade on SSN. Mentioned that if United come up against Bayern or Real in the next round they'll be looking at a 6 or 7 null aggregate score!

As for the match, the lads were class. Shows how bad United are when in commentary, Neville was calling for Wellbeck to come on!

Oh, right. Thought he had another poor game. The lad is dedicated and really gives everything in tackles. but there's just so much missing from his game.

Maybe there is something missing from your analysis?

There were no weaklinks, today.

With all the pressure on us to win we produced a dominant away performance rarely seen at Old Trafford.

It doesn't get much better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought Flanagan was great in the left back position.

Caught out of position of course, especially in the build the build up to their first and only shot on target, but after a few pointers from Brendan, he was solid and helping out in attack whenever possible.

Great showing from the lad and I am glad to see him being consistence with his displays. 

• Upvote 1

From Redcafe.

Amadaeus said:

I want to see signs of disapproval of the teams performance. Losing 3-0 at home to Liverpool is hard to take when our performance did not show anything noteworthy.

Replied with:

you do not understand anything about supporting this club.

Keep it up lads, like campaigning for woodworm to be left to devour your barn.  Fuckwits.