You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There is nothing wrong with our midfield

Pureblood

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There ain't nothing to prove here NV. It's been done a thousand times. TK is wrong as per.

Let's look forward.

Fair point.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Jesus fucking christ, can't the pair of you just ignore each other?

But how will I know when he's repeating the word 'wrong' over and over?

I've actually grown to like TK on here.  I said it a while ago about the fact when he isn't posting about Lucas he's a actually quite a good poster and I still stick to that.

When he's doing the above though he let's himself down.  You've had a pop at people TK and specifically NV.  He's went away and put that post together where you are quite clearly wrong about a few things.  Everyone on here can usually admit when they were wrong and take it on the chin.  There was only 1 infamous poster who couldn't do that and we all know what happened to him.  If you think NV is chatting shit or he is taking those quotes/posts out of context explain why and back it up.  Just posting that rubbish you have done the past few posts is evidently just to wind him up and shouldn't be fair game on here.

The fact is he's got you bang to rights about Lucas not playing for 10 games.  He was out for a while and that has coincided with one of the best run of results and performances in decades.  You can't get away from that.

The fact is he's got you bang to rights about Lucas not playing for 10 games.  He was out for a while and that has coincided with one of the best run of results and performances in decades.  You can't get away from that.

Bang to rights on what, that Gerrard is better than Lucas?  As I said I've already admitted that we're playing better now several times.  That doesn't mean that Lucas discraged himself - he has had a good season, injuries apart.

All "NV" is doing is trying to reduce my argument down to make it look like it's all about Lucas.  But the thread was started as a holistic way of looking at our midfield, and the main argument I was making was that we didn't need to sign new players in January.  Numero Fuckwit just ignores that and tries to reduce it down to "it's all about Lucas".  It's fucking bullshit and I won't be responding to his nonsense anymore. 

This thread was started as a defence of ALL of our midfielders - Gerrard, Lucas, Hendo and Allen.  Because in my opinion they were getting far too much shit from the fans on here at the start of the season - all four of them - and I vehemently disagreed with the majority assessment.  People who try to make out it's about Lucas are cunts.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Perhaps if you read what I wrote, you might understand. If you didn't read it, how can you make such dismissive statements about it? It's the virtues of the partnership you were praising that I had an issue with. Surely even you can see that?

You go away for five minutes. You don't have to read it.

I'll post as much or as little as i want, thanks.

And there you go, perfectly proving the point.  You really neg things like that?

Dear me, I doubt you'll be bumping any of these posts in 4 months time to show off, but let me tell you, if you do you'll be making an even bigger bell-end of yourself.

Can you put this neg on my other cheek please?

And there you go, perfectly proving the point. You really neg things like that?

Dear me, I doubt you'll be bumping any of these posts in 4 months time to show off, but let me tell you, if you do you'll be making an even bigger bell-end of yourself.

Can you put this neg on my other cheek please?

Neg, rep, whatever.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Go and post some more of your amazingly hilarious satire and throw in a side splitting analogy while you're at it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Do you know what, I probably will.

Dang, he got you. At least you're not a wrong all the time dickhead, there's some consolation in that.

It was funny when TK smugly said about how it would be good to see what happened if we dropped Lucas for 10 games, with the implication that if we did we'd see his true worth to his team. Actually, wait, TK was bang on. We have. He tried this 'you're wrong' thing back in November too, talking about how wrong I was to question Lucas' importance and the relevance of the tackles per game stat. I questioned how much he actually contributes and I got a 'you're wrong' in response. He just repeated it over and over that I was wrong without saying why it was wrong. It was weird. I questioned how important he is to the team, I guess now we know. Not hugely either way. He also said to you that the manager must agree with him because he plays Lucas every game. Hmn.

Now he's playing the same game again with this 'wrong' thing. The truth is, he wanted a side with Lucas and Gerrard as a partnership, got pissy when people said it wasn't working, and then made a thread about there being nothing wrong with the midfield. Now that we've changed the midfield, dropped Lucas (despite everything TK has said, many times, about Lucas being important, and how the manager agrees because he plays him), and changed the way the midfield operates, and now that it's working for the reasons many of us outlined at the time, he wants to take credit for it. Nope. Not happening. If he'd just have shut up instead of trying to peoples noses in his shit, it wouldn't have been an issue. All would have been forgotten. But for some reason, he seems to want to brag and be smug despite calling it totally wrong. He wants to be arrogant about it by editing out large swathes of text from quotes or ignoring ones (like mine below) in order to make himself look less of a tool. It hasn't worked. Here's what I said back in September when we were playing the Lucas/Gerrard partnership and TK was defending it and saying there was nothing wrong with our midfield...

Of course, TK doesn't want to acknowledge that, because that's exactly what has happened. Those players are playing, they're doing the things TK's preferred partnership couldn't do, and it's working because of those changes to his desired partnership. In everything he said he was totally wrong. Being wrong is absolutely fine, right up 'til you start criticising others for your own wrongness. He was totally wrong when he said the following things, but rather than just keep quiet he decided to fling shit around. Well, if he wants to bring up old posts, that's fine; as the ancient philosopher, Bobby Brown, once said, 'two can play at that game'.

At some point, TK, you're just going to have to admit that Lucas just isn't that influential to us. He's a decent player, but he's limited. The impact he has on the team is limited. You were taking the piss out of people for using phrases like 'mobile' or 'dynamic', but it's exactly those things we needed and it's exactly what's brought to the team by those players I mentioned back in September. Yes, I wanted new players. Yes, I still want to bring new midfielders in. Yes, I want a better player than Lucas. I like Lucas, but I want to improve on him. Sue me. Your issue with me started when I said Sahin is better than Lucas. I think he is, even if it didn't work out for him here. You don't have to get so caught up about a player you like, just because others don't. Anyway, I'm just some dullard, stupid, always wrong idiotic cunt on the internet. Why get up tight? Truth is, there was something wrong with our midfield but we changed it from how you wanted it and it’s better now.

TK.

Hypocrite. 

TK is the kind of guy who would call a prostitute a dirtbag while bumming her without a johnny