You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

They're annoying as fuck. Especially with all that singing bollocks at their place. Still, better them win it than the openly racist team from Cleveland (chief wahoo... seriously?)

Yes, the logo is a horrendous racist caricature. I love Tito, though, wanted him to do well.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone doing any Fantasy Baseball this season?

I'll be playing the old Channel 5 game, Fantasy Baseball UK. (Jonny Gould played again last season)

There are 3 games that you can enter teams in to. The main game as well as 2 side games - Limited Trade & Limited Budget.

You can play in the main game and one of the side games for free. If you want additional teams, it'll cost you £4.99.

Roster selections open on Sunday 26th March.

Far less stressful than the draft based Fantasy Leagues.

• 5 months later...

You know what? For the longest time I've found baseball to be boring as fuck, huge stretches where fuck all seems to happen and just tedious beyond belief, but bored as fuck and unable to sleep on Sunday night I found myself tuned in to watch Cleveland Indians against some fucker, and amazingly I found myself enjoying it.

The Tribe are on this massive fucking win streak and I tuned in again last night to see them fucking batter the scruffy fuckers from Detroit, to keep the run going.

Back at Detroit tonight with bowler Corey Kluber at the helm. Might watch again.

I've seen this Kluber guy bowling before and he seems to be the main man (correct me if I'm wrong), but last night he didn't even play, some Hispanic looking dude Carrasco bowled like a demon to shut the cunts out. The night before I think it was a fella named Trevor Bauer (?) bowling.

There seems to be a great camaraderie and team spirit there, hope they win tonight and go on to win the cup.

Detroit's Matt Boyd was one out away from completing a no-hitter against the Chicago White Sox, having pitched the entire game for his team, only for his opponent to hit a double in that 9th inning. Boyd's team still thrashed the opposition to nil but that's got to be a real pisser to come that close.

• 2 weeks later...

Red Sox clinch the AL East division with a win against the Astros, with 1 game to go in the regular season. They're into the play-offs where they'll play against the Astros again in the ALDS, but they aren't on a good run of form. They've limped over the line and it's only the fact they had a sizeable lead over the Yankees that has seen them through.

Red Sox had been battered 8-2 in each of the opening games of the best-of-5 ALDS against the Astros. They've given themselves a bit of hope by taking game 3 by a score of 10-3 at Fenway. Game 4 at Fenway is in a couple of days. They need their starting pitchers to show up, mind you.

So often in sport, a team can be galvanised by a tragic event on their doorstep. I think the New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl not long after Katrina, and the Red Sox rode the wave of 'Boston Strong' sentiment following the marathon bombing, to claim the World Series that year. Given what's happened in and around Houston with Hurricane Harvey, this could end up being the Astros' year.

Astros win game 4 at Fenway, 5-4 to clinch the ALDS 3-1. They'll play either Cleveland or the Yankees in the ALCS. Astros have been much better than the Red Sox in this series, and finished with the stronger record in the regular season so this win isn't really a shock. They scored 24 runs in these 4 games, conceding 18. The Red Sox pitching took a bit of a pasting as the Astros got at least 12 base hits in each game. Keep giving up base hit and runs early on like the Red Sox did, and the game becomes a struggle.

There's been a lot of internet gossip that Red Sox manager John Farrell's job is on the line, with some fans of the opinion that he's taken the team as far as he can. He won the World Series with them in 2013 in his first year, and he's reached the post-season in each of the last 2 years after topping the AL East. The previous 2 years saw them finish bottom of the AL East. One thing to note is that despite topping their division in 2016 and 2017, they've closed out the regular season on a poor run of form - a problem that's carried into the post-season with immediate exits in the ALDS. Closing out the season poorly was an issue in their 2 poor seasons in 2014 and 2015 as well. It looks like the team fizzling out at the end of the regular season is something Farrell has failed to address because even in their World Series winning year, they took their foot off the gas having clinched their post-season berth much earlier.

The team collapsing in September 2011 is what did for Terry Francona in the end. He's bounced back with Cleveland since then (they were World Series runners up last year), and they could clinch a place in the ALCS tonight if they beat the Yankees.

• Upvote 1

Go Tribe.

Sorry mate but they're gone. Yankees won the ALDS 3-2 after clawing their way back from 2-0 down. They'll go on to face the Astros in the ALCS, with the winner of that heading to the World Series. In the NLDS, the Cubs and Nationals will go into a deciding 5th game, with the winner facing the LA Dodgers in the NLCS.

• Upvote 1

There's been a lot of internet gossip that Red Sox manager John Farrell's job is on the line, with some fans of the opinion that he's taken the team as far as he can. He won the World Series with them in 2013 in his first year, and he's reached the post-season in each of the last 2 years after topping the AL East. The previous 2 years saw them finish bottom of the AL East. One thing to note is that despite topping their division in 2016 and 2017, they've closed out the regular season on a poor run of form - a problem that's carried into the post-season with immediate exits in the ALDS. Closing out the season poorly was an issue in their 2 poor seasons in 2014 and 2015 as well. It looks like the team fizzling out at the end of the regular season is something Farrell has failed to address because even in their World Series winning year, they took their foot off the gas having clinched their post-season berth much earlier.

Farrell's gone.

Sorry mate but they're gone. Yankees won the ALDS 3-2 after clawing their way back from 2-0 down. They'll go on to face the Astros in the ALCS, with the winner of that heading to the World Series. In the NLDS, the Cubs and Nationals will go into a deciding 5th game, with the winner facing the LA Dodgers in the NLCS.

Haroldis Chapman, Yankee wanger is 1000% a roid head. Sweats like a fucking racehorse the cheating fucking bastard.

Cubs beat the Nationals 9-8 to clinch the NLDS, so the Championship Series' line-ups are now known.

American League Championship Series: Houston Astros vs New York Yankees

National League Championship Series: LA Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs

The winners of these best-of-7 series' will go on to contest the World Series, and it's a tough one to call I think. Dodgers have got the best overall record in the regular season and swatted aside the Arizona Diamondbacks in their NLDS. Cubs are the defending World Series champions. Astros have found some excellent form in the last couple of months or so, and the Yankees have developed a habit of digging in.