You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest atk

Cubs to lose now. Momentum is on their side and being in Cleveland might actually be easier for them. Once those three runs were scored last night I knew that was game over. Only thing Cleveland have going for them is they have Kluber going tonight and he's been kryptonite to Chicago.

Cubs to lose now. Momentum is on their side and being in Cleveland might actually be easier for them. Once those three runs were scored last night I knew that was game over. Only thing Cleveland have going for them is they have Kluber going tonight and he's been kryptonite to Chicago.

You also have Cody Allen on a full days rest, while Andrew Miller is sat on 2 days rest going into tonight. They'll eat 4+ innings themselves if needed. Both have been lights out during the post season.

Love a Game 7.

Francona has the fresh bullpen but the Cubs are hitting the cover off the ball.

Loads of commentators questioning Maddon for leaving in his closer in a blowout, especially as he appeared to be limping after a close play at first.

I think Maddon has a bit of the too clever for his own good about him, I like Terry Francona....he was an Expo and I used to watch him play. Wore number 16.

In other epic news, I ordered a Bill Lee powder blue Expo jersey. First jersey I have bought in aboot six years. And we have jersey day at work as a fundraiser for the charity so I can wear it.

I was looking at the composite scores for the 6 games to date, and though I've read a lot about the Cub's batting having 'gone cold', they've only scored one run less than the Indians (19 vs 20). They also had more hits than the Indians (48 vs 44).

What was more noticeable was that the Cubs have only scored 3 of those runs from the 6th inning onwards, whereas the Indians have scored 11. I don't know if that means the Cubs are struggling against the Indians' bullpen or whether the Indians' bullpen is ridiculously strong. Because I don't follow either side that closely, I also don't know if that means that the Cubs' own bullpen is shite or whether the Indians' batting lineup is specifically targetting them. I say 'bullpen' because the starting pitcher is normally replaced around the 6th or 7th inning.

The Indians have however managed to get at least one run in each inning if you look at the composite scores. Does that mean their bats can consistently keep the scoreboard ticking over? Or does it mean that the Cubs' lineup is very streaky?

Clev stadium full of Cubs fans. Fucking ridiculous. Imagine being able to win the league / european cup at Anfield after a huge drought and selling home tickets to away fans. Thats what its like.