You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea away match thread

fowler9

didn't enjoy that second half, we wern't right good and any flow was disrupted by the ref who was good up til the Shelvey/Lucas scuffle then decided to try make it all about him.

Swansea fans and players a right bunch of whining cunts, glad we never signed that prick Williams

And if anyone ever asks you to sum up Jonjo just show them that game! Impressed by Moses, always knew he was quick but not to that extent, could tell Sakho was new to the league but also showed he had all the attributes to be ace, think Aspas needs to play wide or right up top until he gets some strength on him

Fitness wasn't the issue. Stevie and Lucas were shit - Shelvey bossed the midfield, leaving everything to do at the back.

The more I see, the more I understand why Rodgers wanted the Armenian. Coutinho is a good player but when he's marked out of the game like today we don't have a playmaker. Stevie's passing was ridiculously bad today and there was zero connection between midfield and the forward players. We've got the most in form striker in the league and simply couldn't get a ball near him.

Stevie needs to be benched for a while.

Sakho started off really well but sold himself a few times after and it was generally a bit of a mixed bag for him.

Going on first impressions i can't help but think he is a mistake or red card waiting to happen.

Aspas, some players need time, its just the way it is, he looks like one of them, what he needs is to play in game or where we are coasting and score a goal or 2 just to get a bit of confidence going.

What an absolutely disgrace of 2nd half.  That's five straight games to start the year where we've done that, it has to be coming down from the manager.

It won't work every game, but the thing is Sturridge should have put away that header we'd have gone up 3-1 at half and the game would be over.

Very unlucky for that shitty first goal they scored.  Three deflections fell right to him.

Then in the 2nd half, we know how shit Shelvey is and we made him look like Kaka in his prime.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Aspas is shit.  He can't put two passes together.  We were on a break there late and he tries a hero pass when Sturridge was unmarked on the other side of the field.  Then right at the end before the whistle blows he gets the ball in the box and tries to dribble...SHOOT THE FUCKING BALL!

We're very fun to watch in the 1st half, and shit in the 2nd half.  That won't work over the course of a year.  Sakho wasn't that bad, made some huge tackles.  Will take a game or two for him and the rest of the guys to know each other's games.

This first half second half thing does seem to be an issue with us.Absolutely no idea why.I was really impressed with us in the first half after we went a goal down.We are however unbeaten and top of the League so I find it difficult to critisise.We do not seem to maintain the intensity for 90 minutes which is a worry.

Fitness wasn't the issue. Stevie and Lucas were shit - Shelvey bossed the midfield, leaving everything to do at the back.

The more I see, the more I understand why Rodgers wanted the Armenian. Coutinho is a good player but when he's marked out of the game like today we don't have a playmaker. Stevie's passing was ridiculously bad today and there was zero connection between midfield and the forward players. We've got the most in form striker in the league and simply couldn't get a ball near him.

Behave coutinho was the best player on the pitch untill he went off. Swansea,s have time tactics "hack coutinho"

For who?

The real problem for me is Stevie is no defensive midfielder, he should be up there behind Sturridge. He does end up looking good most of the time when he's allowed to stray his passes around, but tactically that is not his position. Not to add that in his current position we are not even getting as much out of him as we should be.

Aspas is on hunger strike, no other reason for him being so thin.

The 2nd goal is a disgrace, can't get it out my head how shite it is. Gerrard and lucas follow the ball, sakho closes down bony and leaves space for shelvey to run into and wisdom is slow off the mark to follow michu's run.

Utter shite defending all round.

Really need to figure out why we look disjointed and frightened in the 2nd half. 

Opportunities to get two goals ahead were not taken and that left us vulnerable. 3-1 would have killed the game. I don't see fitness as a problem, but we lack the ability to quickly turn our stronger defensive shape into attack. I can see what we are trying to do, but we are unable to work our way out of that shape with sufficient speed and composure to take advantage of opposition players being out of defensive positions.

I think 2-2 away at Swansea will look like a decent result as the season goes on, but we are clearly a work in progress.

• Upvote 1

A decent point all things considered but we can`t go on like this, we can`t keep being put under this barrage of pressure.

Our midfield is fucking shit. Lucas and Gerrard just isn`t working, they`re being dominated nearly every game. They start off okay but fade badly and the rest of the game they`re chasing shadows, without Hendersons energy and work-rate we`d be totally fucked.

A knock-on effect is that any attack minded substitutions like Aspas and Sterling tonight are basically rendered moot because we have no control of the midfield so they receive no service whatsoever and end up doing more chasing back than attacking.

Midfield reinforcements are a must in January.

• Upvote 2

Very bad from us second half. Aspas poor again, and I have to say that Sakho was immensely disappointing, almost the opposite of what I expected of him. He was built up as a rock in defence and he came on and looked like a total donk for 90 minutes, giving away numerous opportunities.

That being said, the addition of Sakho and Moses has obviously changed the whole team dynamic and everyone will need time to get used to it; especially Mamadou, whose problem I hope was just first game nerves. Also, Swansea hardly gave the ball away cheaply once in the whole second half. Their ball retention was incredible and they put us under all sorts of pressure.

An okay point, I guess, but it still hard not to feel a little disappointed.

For who?

The real problem for me is Stevie is no defensive midfielder, he should be up there behind Sturridge. He does end up looking good most of the time when he's allowed to stray his passes around, but tactically that is not his position. Not to add that in his current position we are not even getting as much out of him as we should be.

Shelvey ran right by him to set up Michu for the second goal. He just doesn't have any run in him any more, and frankly, he isn't and never will be a Pirlo. We are getting killed between our midfield and back line.

I'd rather see Henderson in his position - at least he'll run and won't kick the ball away constantly.

• Upvote 1

A decent point all things considered but we can`t go on like this, we can`t keep being put under this barrage of pressure.

Our midfield is fucking shit. Lucas and Gerrard just isn`t working, they`re being dominated nearly every game. They start off okay but fade badly and the rest of the game they`re chasing shadows, without Hendersons energy and work-rate we`d be totally fucked.

A knock-on effect is that any attack minded substitutions like Aspas and Sterling tonight are basically rendered moot because we have no control of the midfield so they receive no service whatsoever and end up doing more chasing back than attacking.

Midfield reinforcements are a must in January.

Think allen could change that, when hes fit? 

Think the 2nd half is a true reflection of how good we actually are, which is not very good. Cant keep the ball or string 2 passes together. Very disjointed and hitting long balls every time.we'll struggle playing like this for too long. Lads don't look fit either. Sahko looks like he got a fright, don't think he expected the pace to be that frantic. Wisdom wasn't great but even Glen wouldn't have caught Michu - we've seen him fuck up before in those positions. Missed Agger for his passing ability.

Overall a draw there isn't too bad and many teams will lose at the liberty this year. 10 points after 4 games is a good return. Keep the unbeaten streak going!

Think the 2nd half is a true reflection of how good we actually are, which is not very good. Cant keep the ball or string 2 passes together. Very disjointed and hitting long balls every time.we'll struggle playing like this for too long. Lads don't look fit either. Sahko looks like he got a fright, don't think he expected the pace to be that frantic. Wisdom wasn't great but even Glen wouldn't have caught Michu - we've seen him fuck up before in those positions. Missed Agger for his passing ability.

Overall a draw there isn't too bad and many teams will lose at the liberty this year. 10 points after 4 games is a good return. Keep the unbeaten streak going!

I don't think it's all down to quality. There's been a mental thing going on for years with us. We can't seem to handle success. Get a chance to be ruthless and kill the game off and we hand the momentum right back to the opposition.