You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think you'll find he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

I'll give you a couple of reasons though:

Man United won't finish outside the top 4 because they'll start the season with basically the same squad that won the title this season. Added to which, they haven't finished outside the top 4 since 1990/91. Happy?

Is the right answer. As much as we'd all love Utd to fall apart. There's not a snowballs chance in hell they will finish outside the top 4.

Is the right answer. As much as we'd all love Utd to fall apart. There's not a snowballs chance in hell they will finish outside the top 4.

I can think of a number of reasons why there is a chance United won't finish in the top 4.

1. Moyes.

2 Anderson

3. Rooney being more sluggish than he was last season.

4. Phil Jones.

5 Howard Webb having left the club.

6. Rio Ferdinand.

1.It's very easy to have more money than Everton, as Betty Hotpots bastard son(Kenwright) hasn't got a pot to piss in. Every man and his dog knows he's skint. It's spending and spending wisely.

2.There is all this talk about Moyes and his brilliant signings i.e. Felliani, Cahill and Baines. Even Steve Bruce made a couple of very good signings. That doesn't make Moyes a good manager.

3.There is also the talk of Moyes being ''One of the best young managers in the game. Moyes at 50 is young if you compare him to Slur Drinkalot who retired at 71.

Moyes is not a young manager, not by a long shot. He's been a manager for the last 13 years too and has won nothing. Even Mark Hughes and Steve McClown have won something, and they are shit managers.

4.There is a lot of Liverpool fans down on Brendan Rodgers merely because of his connection to Chelsea. I don't get that. Brendan Rodgers overall is a vastly superior manager to Moyes.

5. Brendan Rodgers is a top young manager, and is the best young manager in the PL with Villas Boas second and Paul Lambert 3rd. Whereas Moyes whilst at Preston finished 4th in a two horse race and failed to gain promotion. Brendan did get Swansea promoted. Swansea under Brendan played football that only Arsenal could match.

Brendan Rodgers in his first season managing in the premiership took little Swansea to 11th having spent £7 million.

So the moral of the story is, stop arse-licking Moyes.

1. So Moyes’ league performance, relative to spend, has been good, ergo he has spent wisely.

2. You either buy players, or you don’t. If you do, and they perform well, it is an attribute of a good manager.

3. Whether he is young or not is irrelevant.

4. Rodgers has only a fraction of Moyes experience- and has never finished above him in the PL.

5. Rodgers is a promising manager who did well last season- and has everything to prove at the highest level. Maybe he will make it, maybe he won’t. The odds are stacked against, the obstacles are largely outside his control. He can’t compete financially with the top four, nor does he have great experience at the club to draw upon.

I have always thought that Rodgers was worth a go. We will see how it has all panned out at the end of his contract at the end of next season – which I fully expect him to do .

The moral of this story? Get your facts straight and distinguish between fact and opinion.

1. So Moyes’ league performance, relative to spend, has been good, ergo he has spent wisely.

2. You either buy players, or you don’t. If you do, and they perform well, it is an attribute of a good manager.

4. Rodgers has only a fraction of Moyes experience- and has never finished above him in the PL.

5. Rodgers is a promising manager who did well last season- and has everything to prove at the highest level. Maybe he will make it, maybe he won’t. The odds are stacked against, the obstacles are largely outside his control. He can’t compete financially with the top four, nor does he have great experience at the club to draw upon.

I have always thought that Rodgers was worth a go. We will see how it has all panned out at the end of his contract at the end of next season – which I fully expect him to do .

The moral of this story? Get your facts straight and distinguish between fact and opinion.

I've a feeling you're a member of the anti Brendan Rodgers brigade and you're hiding behind the ''I'm willing to give him a go'' shout. You're contradicting yourself. You're making out he's not good enough whilst claiming you support him.

Brendan Rodgers was endorsed by Jose Mourinho who once was involved in a love triangle with two mirrors. Mourinho head hunted Brendan and saw him work at first hand. Moyes was endorsed by Baconface who endorsed Moyes because Moyes agreed to eat the scabs off his crack.

I stand by my opinion Brendan Rodgers is clearly the better of the two, will prove to be the better of the two. Moyes is a clueless loser and is Harry Redknapp standard. He will ultimately prove as much when he falls flat on his face.

When Man United are down, I am going to be one of the first to kick their fans in the face.

I've a feeling you're a member of the anti Brendan Rodgers brigade and you're hiding behind the ''I'm willing to give him a go'' shout. You're contradicting yourself. You're making out he's not good enough whilst claiming you support him.

Brendan Rodgers was endorsed by Jose Mourinho who once was involved in a love triangle with two mirrors. Mourinho head hunted Brendan and saw him work at first hand. Moyes was endorsed by Baconface who endorsed Moyes because Moyes agreed to eat the scabs off his crack.

I stand by my opinion Brendan Rodgers is clearly the better of the two, will prove to be the better of the two. Moyes is a clueless loser and is Harry Redknapp standard. He will ultimately prove as much when he falls flat on his face.

When Man United are down, I am going to be one of the first to kick their fans in the face.

I can't decide whether you're a bit mental or just really stupid...probably a little bit of both

Ho hum

You can feel what you want.

I have backed Rodgers from the start. He is an LFC manager. I don’t know whether he will prove good enough. His inexperience and lack of track record on appointment are there for all to see. But he wasn’t appointed for those things. He was appointed as a man who might make the grade, who talked a good game, and was looking for a chance to walk the talk. Fair enough. After Hodgson and KK the time was right for a different approach.

Where have I contradicted myself? Where have I said he is not good enough? Finishing where he did in only his fourth season as a manager is a creditable achievement.

So Rodgers was headhunted to be youth team manager , then reserve team coach, at Chelsea. Is that the ringing endorsement you offer?

Moyes PL record is better than Rodgers, if you think that makes Rodgers the better manager, fair enough. I would be interested to know how he is already “clearly” the better manager. Whether he will turn out to be the better manager, only time will tell, I hope he does.

never finished above him in the p.l... ffs 2 seasons .. knob...

Spot on.

Which one of the two got a club promoted and kept them up with a minimal spend? Here's a hint, it wasn't Moyes.

A lot of people wank over Moyes achievements of doing relatively okay with not a lot to spend. He's had a decent amount to spend. He wasted a fair bit on Johnson, Kroldrup and Yakabu.

What about Brendan Rodgers in only his fifth year of management taking a promoted club to 11th with a spend of just £7 million. Mark Hughes spent 4 times that and finished 17th.

If anyone cannot see that Brendan Rodgers overall football philosophy is a breath of fresh air, then something is wrong. The reason why it didn't work initially was beyond his control. He didn't have the scouts in place.

He had to get the players he inherited to get used to his philosophy. Okay he didn't reinvent the wheel, as Liverpool didn't go from a Fat Sam team into a one touch, pass and move side.

However what he did do was ensure there was more pressure put on the opposition, better ball retention and pressing higher up the field. It's very close to Rafa Benitez' class of 2009, but not as rigid.

Two players, Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho made a hell of a difference in the second half of the season.

If just two players can make a difference, what difference can just 2 more attackers make?

Brendan didn't hit the ground running as it was trial and error first half of the season. However the longer the season went on the better it got. 1 defeat in 12 and outscoring everyone in 2013 says it all.

This is enough evidence to prove overall that Brendan Rodgers is superior in every way to the media darling that is David Moyes. And for the last time Brendan is not British, he's Irish.

I predict that majesticsuarez will continue to post inane drivel until he is eventually banned. It will probably be for something racist.

Far too early to make any sort of prediction on the new season.

Apart from this one, which I agree with.

No I won't. You've lost that bet. Anyway now is the time to make predictions. When do you suggest we make predictions? Next April perhaps?

What is he actually banned for?

Harsh.

Rodgers has only had two seasons in the Pl in total.But will he ever finish above Moyes? That doesn't make him a knob, it does mean that our chances of finishing above Man U in the foreseeable future are slim.

Give him a chance.

I expect a close finish between United and Chelsea. Moyes isn't as aggressive as Ferguson but given his record I just don't see United losing more than a handful of games. I don't think City and Pelligrini will gel in his first year but next year they will be much more imposing. Chelsea should overachieve under Mourinho. Spurs and Arsenal will fight for 4th. I expect if we lose Suarez we'll struggle to hold onto 7th.

• 1 month later...
Chelsea

City

Utd

Arsenal

Spurs

Us

as it stands with signings so far. imo.

chelsea have the best squad at the moment and the best manager.

I could easily see the top three finishing as you say, then Liverpool ahead of Spurs and the Arse.

(God, I love this time of year!)

The journos of the Guardian made their predictions today:

Premier League 2013-14: our writers' predictions for the new season | Football | The Guardian

This woman, Louise Taylor, makes this prediction for the coming champions:

Tottenham. Europa League involvement and the potential loss of Gareth Bale are worries but Roberto Soldado and Paulinho look excellent signings and AVB is a class coach.

I mean, how the fuck can you write about football for a living and tip Spurs for the title?

The journos of the Guardian made their predictions today:

Premier League 2013-14: our writers' predictions for the new season | Football | The Guardian

This woman, Louise Taylor, makes this prediction for the coming champions:

Tottenham. Europa League involvement and the potential loss of Gareth Bale are worries but Roberto Soldado and Paulinho look excellent signings and AVB is a class coach.

I mean, how the fuck can you write about football for a living and tip Spurs for the title?

Or the incredibly overrated Ben Arfa as player of the season?

LT Hatem Ben Arfa. Providing he stays fit, Ben Arfa belongs on a different planet to most mortals. Capable of eclipsing Rooney, Bale and even Suárez.