You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wankers on both sides.

Anyone who agrees with EDL or BNP values is a fucking whopper

Nick Griffin yesterday spouting about Mandela being a terrorist etc and that SA used to be a peaceful country now it's crime ridden.

Yes and blacks used to be persecuted you fat mong.

Classic example of the pig ignorant, thick cunt attitude that allows this shit to thrive. Who deserves some of it? And what exactly do they deserve? Is it just the devout you feel sorry for or the average person of Muslim descent? Do all christians bare some responsibility for the Spanish inquisition? Or just that hippy fucker Jesus? A man is responsible for his own actions, end of. And you, are responsible for posting some complete bollocks.

Classic example of a guy who really doesnt understand the depths of Asian religion and culture. Basically your talking a lot of shit.

Muslims get attention from ignorant people who blame them for every terrorist activity that takes place around the world.

Not they're fault

But if they kept coming out, from the religious side, and slamming all acts of terror that these so called muslims have done....then it would begin to sway the opinions.

You think the people who do suicide bombings do so by choice?

Hhahahaahaha

Thats a fucking good one mate. These people are brain washed over a period of time, they are fed bullshit in order to make them hate things like the western world. In the end the hate and brain washing grows to such an extent that they carry out these acts of terror.

Don't be thinking that lots of people who have done terror attacks have not been blackmailed or brain washed in order to get them there.

The fact you think they are all responsible for they're own actions shows your naivety towards the subject. Many of them have no choice.

Why isnt it simply religionophobia? Its not as if there is any one religion that is so much better than another from a moral standpoint, from both its teachings and the behaviour of its followers is it?

My invisible friend is better than your invisible friend and i will murder anybody who doesnt agree with me.

Can be applied to both Christians and Muslims in some cases equally.

Why isnt it simply religionophobia? Its not as if there is any one religion that is so much better than another from a moral standpoint, from both its teachings and the behaviour of its followers is it?

My invisible friend is better than your invisible friend and i will murder anybody who doesnt agree with me.

Can be applied to both Christians and Muslims in some cases equally.

The last time I checked there wasn't baseless invective scrawled all over the internet having a go at Christians/Christianity. Or has somebody tried to burn down St Paul's Cathedral?

Anyone murdering or maiming another person in the name of an ideology, or inciting someone to do so, is a pretty fucking wretched example of a human being.

I don't think you can tar all members of a religion with the same brush as someone who does so though.

It's not quite on the same scale obviously, but it's a shitty way to think all the same.

The comments in the OP are especially disappointing given I'd always believed Yahoo! news readers to be among the most informed in society.

I know what you mean but I still find the sheer volume and hatred of what I read alarming. It's almost every single comment and there are thousands upon thousands of them. It's incredibly depressing.

I think the way to combat Islamophobia is to try and encourage people to understand and embrace some of the teachings of Islam. If people know more about something it can go some way to soften the prejudices you might have about it. There are problems in this country that can be helped, like abuse of alcohol and the oversexualisation of women, by an ideology that commands people to do good and forbids things that are evil or can lead to evil.

I think the way to combat Islamophobia is to try and encourage people to understand and embrace some of the teachings of Islam. If people know more about something it can go some way to soften the prejudices you might have about it. There are problems in this country that can be helped' date=' like abuse of alcohol and the oversexualisation of women, by an ideology that commands people to do good and forbids things that are evil or can lead to evil.[/quote']

This the GF. That means that there can never be such a thing as oversexualisation of women.

To be fair, I think it's the content of your posts rather than the proximity that would lead people to that conclusion.

Well then, you'll be able to point out where I'm being a "hate-mongering bigot" in my posts then, won't you.

I honestly find that charge fucking laughable.

Just to be clear, I haven't accused anyone on this thread of being a hate mongering bigot; just said that if you're down on an entire religion for the actions and beliefs of a few extremists then it's not surprising if some people mistake you for one. The key word being mistake. By hate mongering bigots, I'm really referring to the likes of the EDL, not someone who just has a chip on their shoulders about other people's beliefs and a rather narrow perception of why they are religious and the good stuff that many of them do.

Some really ace people are religious, some really ace people aren't. Some fucking horrible people are religious and some of them aren't too. All religions have some good stuff and bad stuff done in their names. It's a bit like politics really.

It is increasingly in the media's interest to talk up extreme examples to such an extent that these are often the only ones that are seen and heard, and to the uneducated masses this can easily be portrayed as the general view. Presenting and discussing any other view will not get viewers and hits, and that is all news media is about these days - a popularity contest. Even when the media talk about extremists, the discussion is so heavy about the negative aspects of whatever it is (specific religions, ethnic groups etc) that very often a valid counter-argument or relevant point is not discussed or simply lost amongst the outrage generated. The thick mongs don't realise (and perhaps don't want to accept) that there might be a far more moderate way of thinking, and that the extremism is precisely that - an extreme viewpoint.

Make your viewpoint loud, shiny and angry and repeat on loop, and that is how you get all the thick mongs on board. 24-hour rolling news is pretty much the perfect medium for this. Being rational and serving to try and educate will only bore them senseless until they see the next loud, shiny and angry viewpoint.

Absolute nonsense. Of course you can hate a religion, or all religion. A religion is just an ideology, a belief system.

I have no problem hating a belief system that permits old men to marry children, that mandates death to anyone who leaves it, that says men should inherit twice as much as women, and that is responsible for so much pain and misery around the world.

That is quite different to hating the people who swallow such beliefs. I definitely hate some of them, the real wrong uns, but the rest I'd see as misguided, brainwashed fools. That is something I would pity, not hate.

So Strontium, just a quick question: I find it quite astounding that you know so much about the Qu'ran - how do you know so much? You've obviously read it front to back. Are you muslim?

Do you think that the Bible is equally as repugnant? After all, its awful for a religion to mandate the death of 'non-believers' (John 15:6), or one that promotes gender inequality (Women should not teach to man and should stay silent, according to Timothy 2:11-12 and Corinthians 14:34-35). But at least the Bible doesn't permit old men to marry children - it does, however, permit men to sell their daughters for sex (Exodus 21:7-11).

Maybe you do, which is fine, but then where are you cries about all of the 'Christianity-caused' acts of horror around the world? When it comes to pain and misery theres nobody better than America, whose Presidents often swear oaths on the Bible. What about all the Jewish killing Palestinians?

I guess these thousands of deaths pale in significance when compared to some solitary random fucking lunatics killing a couple of people in the UK. No doubt you'll tell me you feel equally about everything else i've mentioned but I find it odd that you're never going on about them nearly as often.

To round up, your suggestion that the exclusively Qu'ran holds abhorrent ideologies and thus is responsible for a large amount of "pain and misery around the world" is bullshit on both counts - the shit you find in the Qu'ran isn't that far removed from the Bible or the Torah (largely because they're around 80% the same fucking religion) and nor is Islam outstandingly contributive to worldwide death, terror, or misery.

Classic example of a guy who really doesnt understand the depths of Asian religion and culture. Basically your talking a lot of shit.

Muslims get attention from ignorant people who blame them for every terrorist activity that takes place around the world.

Not they're fault

But if they kept coming out, from the religious side, and slamming all acts of terror that these so called muslims have done....then it would begin to sway the opinions.

You think the people who do suicide bombings do so by choice?

Hhahahaahaha

Thats a fucking good one mate. These people are brain washed over a period of time, they are fed bullshit in order to make them hate things like the western world. In the end the hate and brain washing grows to such an extent that they carry out these acts of terror.

Don't be thinking that lots of people who have done terror attacks have not been blackmailed or brain washed in order to get them there.

The fact you think they are all responsible for they're own actions shows your naivety towards the subject. Many of them have no choice.

You've either completely misunderstood what I said or you've used your imagination to turn it into something you can argue against.

I cannot possibly comment on the personal situation of suicide bombers as I've never got to know any on a personal level, or any other for that matter. In fact, they tend to be unknown until they disappear in a cloud of smoke and nails. Despite my ignorance, i do believe that most Muslims do condemn the actions of suicide bombers, unfortunately they can't find enough of their remains to explain the error of their ways.

The point I was making, which you so spectacularly avoided, was that an individual bares responsibility for his own actions, the blame cannot be passed onto his race, colour or religion. Do you think that every time a Liverpool gang kills an innocent child the scousers on here have a duty to condemn them? Do you think it will make a.shite of difference?

Just a note. If people start to wonder why there are all these 'terrorists' now proclaiming the greatness of Allah before committing some kind of heinous crime, they'll have more luck studying the media and social constructs within the western world than they will studying the Qu'ran.

Absolute nonsense. Of course you can hate a religion, or all religion. A religion is just an ideology, a belief system.

I have no problem hating a belief system that permits old men to marry children, that mandates death to anyone who leaves it, that says men should inherit twice as much as women, and that is responsible for so much pain and misery around the world.

That is quite different to hating the people who swallow such beliefs. I definitely hate some of them, the real wrong uns, but the rest I'd see as misguided, brainwashed fools. That is something I would pity, not hate.

but for the record, this sweeping generalisation of 2 billion people as either wrong uns or fools, could be mistaken for bigotry. Not saying you are a bigot, just highlighting a post which could lead to that conclusion, as requested.

Guest ShoePiss
Does the tea pot in Jack the Sipper's avatar look like Hitler to anyone else?

Is it supposed to?

I like big tits, but those are just ridiculous. It would be like having a Four-some if you were shagging her. I'm out.

That was on a billboard in LA I think and it was taken down for exactly that reason haha! It was a department store advert (JC Penny).

Just to be clear, I haven't accused anyone on this thread of being a hate mongering bigot; just said that if you're down on an entire religion for the actions and beliefs of a few extremists then it's not surprising if some people mistake you for one.

I'm down on all religions because they are fundamentally false accounts of our origins that only serve to obstruct and hinder progress. And that isn't anything which is limited to "a few extremists", it is common to all believers.

So Strontium, just a quick question: I find it quite astounding that you know so much about the Qu'ran - how do you know so much? You've obviously read it front to back. Are you muslim?

It's a book that anyone can read. You don't need to subscribe to fuckwitted nonsense to be able to parse it.

Do you think that the Bible is equally as repugnant?

Obviously. What a truly fucking dumb question.

Maybe you do, which is fine, but then where are you cries about all of the 'Christianity-caused' acts of horror around the world?

Here are some of them; I suggest you spend some time reading them and familiarising yourself with my posting history, then you won't look like so clueless in future:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/48350-flooding-caused-gays.html

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/80801-mother-teresa.html#post1783802

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/102669-terrorist-attack-oslo-man-shooting-childrens-camp-utoya-6.html#post2864368

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/102669-terrorist-attack-oslo-man-shooting-childrens-camp-utoya-13.html#post2867164

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/87573-haiti-2.html#post2084988