Quantcast
Facial Hair - XMF - Arguing over ex Managers Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Simple question - which of our former managers had the best facial hair?

W.E. Barclay

W.E+Barclay+1892+-1896

John McKenna

McKENNA_JOHN_1909-14_1917-19.jpg

Tom Watson

watson_4a9cde0ce9541332916169.jpg

David Ashworth

David-Ashworth.jpg

Matt McQueen

manager_mcqueen_matt.jpg

Graeme Souness

sounensnsnsn+get275.jpg

Rafa Benitez

Rafael_Benitez_2405551b.jpg

Bollocks! I meant to put a poll on this.

Anyway - I vote for McQueen. I think he used that muzzy as some sort of stabiliser after he lost a leg.

Agree with McQueen,followed by Mckenna.

football lacks decent moustaches.

Or facial hair generally. In recent years, I think there's only been Xabi and Olof Mellberg who have had beards that you would doff your cap to.

Or facial hair generally. In recent years, I think there's only been Xabi and Olof Mellberg who have had beards that you would doff your cap to.

Andrea_Pirlo_Beard.jpg

Tony Mortimer the ex villa captain always had a great beard.

8202977_450_450_0_0_fit_6_acba32972b8bb9fc34fe2529be2e3d19.jpg

dennis-mortimer-showing-crowd-trophy-aston-villa-civic-reception-birmingham-city-centre-autograph.jpg

It helps make him look the spitting image of Robert De Niro. Which is pretty much the greatest thing a beard can do for you

deniro-deerhunter-590x350.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

That was an executive 6 o'clock shadow. Nurtured through long and arduous boardroom sessions. He knew how to grow facial hair with style. Properly tended, and no doubt expensively moisturised.

I think Roy wins this was him after he was sacked from the United Arab Emirates and feeling a bit down.

beard-man.jpg

Speaking of his time as manager of the United Arab Emirates, Hodgson said: "That was a period where I didn't know where my career was going. But all these experiences enrich you and it was good to know I could get my message to players who many say are uncoachable. It's hard work; they're basically lazy. But I had them drilled and pressuring opponents almost like an English team. Most coaches who go there are just fannying around, but it's not my nature."[9]

Just a very lazy shaver really and whenever I've grown a beard in the past I've always just used some scissors to trim, but thinking about getting a proper beard trimmer.

Anyone got one they would recommend ? Not gonna spend a fortune, no more than £50 I guess.

Rafa uses a Phillips for the precision of the finish but Souness prefers a Remmington for the casual stubble look.