You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact FSG refused to even have a meeting with Rafa is fucking outrageous. Whomever their higher power was that was advising them is an idiot.

Actively pursue Martinez but disregard Benitez like he's a nobody?

Morons.

I know. What the fuck were they thinking.

I like FSG but their search for a manager last summer was utter amateurish. I hope they do better this summer if it comes to it.

You can't lose from failing to score alone. 0-0 would have been a decent result.

This is exactly what was required. When your star player has an off night you have to dig in and steal a nil nil. Some times a wonder goal will undo such plans but you have to accept 1-0 and get the fuck out of there. We collapsed and where lucky they didn't score 4 in that 15 minute spell where we left shit all over the pitch.

Where were the subs in that time? Downing, Henderson, Allen or Sterling could have been replaced and no matter who came on it couldn't have made us any worse. Even just a sub to kill the game for a minute or even someone faking an injury for 2 minutes, someone needed to step up and take responsibility but no one did. Another meek surrender to be ashamed off, May can't come quick enough.

Guest San Don
I'd love to have Rafa back, but talk of a manager change is pointless under this ownership who want to do everything on the cheap.

These owners will not duplicate the mistake of bring back a fan's favourite.

Guest San Don
Rodgers is here for at least another season regardless of what happens between now and the end of the this season.

We wont be in europe next season so there will be no excuse if we re not seriously contending for top 4.

The excuse will be a team cant go from finishing 8th, 9th or 10th to finishing in the top 4 in 1 season. It'll take the club at least 2 seasons blah, blah, blah.

The excuse will be a team cant go from finishing 8th, 9th or 10th to finishing in the top 4 in 1 season. It'll take the club at least 2 seasons blah, blah, blah.

Sounds like it's time for a 5 year plan?

Both Swansea and West Brom showed a better understanding and frankly more imagination recruiting their managers last summer. Both are above us in the table with weaker squads and substantially less muscle in the transfer market.

Rodgers is here for at least another season regardless of what happens between now and the end of the this season.

We wont be in europe next season so there will be no excuse if we re not seriously contending for top 4.

It shows you how low things have fallen when you read things like that. Someone said before hopefully we should finish above last year's points total because we don't have the 'distraction' of being in the cups.

We should just bow out of every competition in the hope everyone will be too knackered to put more than two past us and we can have some more outstanding draws.

Not in isolation. I think we really need to start looking at the players playing the football on the pitch. What is Johnson doing at the back post for the second goal - has no idea that there's a man free coming in to score. What is Gerrard doing? Why isn't Downing taking a man on? Why is it that the FOUR really great chances that come to Suarez aren't converted? Is that down solely to the manager? In the first half, an on form Suarez scores a hattrick. Still think the manager is to blame? Where's the man following up? Gerrard? Where's his head been this last two matches?

Again, Suarez, on form, should score those gilt-edged chances, but he's had a crappy night. I don't hold out much hope for us in this cup competition. We're reverting back to type from last season in the prem, but now it's boiled over into the cups. Same players, different manager. You have to start looking at the personnel.

I think it's safe to say, Suarez is no longer in form. :-)

Look, the manager's role, is to motivate and improve where possible, both individually and collectively.

Did Dalglish and Clarke fail at this in the second half of last season? Yes. However, not right across the board. We kept enough competitions alive, as to find some motivation late on - and very nearly took a two cup double. The difference this season is that thanks to whatever strategy Rodgers had, we find ourselves out of three of four competitions already, and for all intents and purposes, the fourth is about to go belly up, although, I hope the guys prove me wrong, obviously.

I defy ANY manager to keep motivation under these circumstances, and since we are already becoming a joke of a club, maybe the ultimate experiment now, would be to sack BR and his sidekick cronies, appoint Gerrard or Carragher as player / manager, and get the team to trot out week after week to the end of the season, managing themselves, deciding themselves on a collective course of action and standard of play.

Then in the Summer, when Roman sacks Rafa, he can return, riding into Anfield on his Spanish stallion, like the cavalry over the hill, to save the day.

With the same players!

Is this all Rodgers fault? It is likely that we will finish with more points and in a better league position than under the previous manager! Is that not progress? Or do you think that cup-ties determine a team's real position in regards to progress?

Yes with the same players, I think that was his point. The same defense performed miles better last season. The only real change has been Rodgers and his "playing philosophy". Hence why some think it's down to the manager.

It's funny because if Suarez puts even one or two of those chances away like he would've done on a normal day we'd be talking about a classic European away performance.

It's sad because he didn't and we're talking about the manager being sacked.

If Zenit had put away their other chances we'd be talking about an absoloute disaster. It's all swings and roundabouts. The fact is we lost 2-0 and that's the situation we have to deal with.

If Zenit had put away their other chances we'd be talking about an absoloute disaster. It's all swings and roundabouts. The fact is we lost 2-0 and that's the situation we have to deal with.

Indeed. I have no problem accepting the reality of our current situation, not only regarding this game.

There's a fine line between success and failure and I just don't think we're really as poor as our results show this season. I thought the same last season.

We need to fine tune, not completely start afresh.

Dalglish's ability to take on the job was questionable at best and plenty had concerns about him going in, his transfer record at Newcastle was shocking. He'd been out of the game a long time. I was pleasantly surprised at the Dalglish I saw in the first six months but wasn't totally unexpecting what followed.

As for good managers not wanting to come here, we'll just have to disagree there. If the money was right, and promises were kept, there'd be half a dozen big name managers who could be ousted from their current roles to take it IMO.

Are people really serious, Changing managers every season? I know we're all disappointed at our current form, but kicking out Rodgers is a recipe for disaster. He's got another for me in the worst case scenario.