You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Guest davelfc

Because they haven't got a Scooby? Maybe you're right about the terms of the contract, but he was mad to sign it - although that could be proof, if any were needed, of his loser status.

I think the pricks wanted the boast of offering a six year contract with very little of the risk. Moyes the prick thought it would just be a case of taking over and counting the trophies. 

If presented with a contract that said he could go with little compensation should he not make top four, why wouldn't he sign it. 

Again, there might not be any clauses but rumour has had it for a while that there are.

I have a different theory, and that is that the Glazers are already planning to sack him as soon as the season is over.  However, they need to put a good face on it in the meantime so the negative press doesn't spiral completely out of control, and the only way to do that (other than the kiss of death that is the "we stand by the manager" interview from the owners) is to anonymously put out articles about how he's planning for the next transfer window.

I would love to believe they were foolish enough to give a totally unproven manager at this level, one who would have jumped at a 2-year contract with an option to extend for a year, a 6-year deal without a clause that allows them to release him for minimal cost if he doesn't meet some sort of performance standard.  They simply could not possibly have been that stupid.  

I think he'll be gone as soon as the season is over and it will then come out that there was a clause saying if they missed out on a CL place (or 70 points, or something) that he could be sacked for a minimum payment, and that the six years figure was just propaganda to try to give him some release from pressure from the press.

Just my guess.  I hope I'm wrong and all of you are right and that he's there this summer to waste untold millions on 30 year old Scottish journeymen and Everton players, but I don't expect it.  After he loses to City and us and goes out of the CL the writing will be on the wall already.

I hate being right.  I predict it will come out in the next few weeks that there was a clause in the contract that allowed for dismissal for cause with a minimal severance payment in the case that he failed to qualify for the Champion's League.

The Glazers have waited until that was a mathematical certainty to avoid any question of him being entitled to further payment and pulled the plug.

Police Call Handler (PCH): 
Hello, you're through to the police. How can I help?

FAN: Yeah could I speak to Sir Alex Ferguson please?

PCH: Not via a police 999 line I'm afraid, no!

FAN: Er.. Sir Alex Fer... The result is all wrong. They had extra time and it was a total and utter load of rubbish!

PCH: Sir, you're actually on the 999 police line. Is there any crime you need to report to the police this evening?

FAN: Yeah a crime. Yeah. Yeah. I wanna report a crime. Yeah.

PCH: And what crime is that?

FAN: The crime is that Manchester United... Manchester United... were absolutely knackered!

PCH: Can I take your name please?

(He gave his name!)

PCH: OK, and what's your home address? 

(He gave his home address too!)

PCH: OK, I'm going to clear the line now then OK.

FAN: Yeah, well, can you phone me back then? You must have him.

PCH: I am not going to phone you back.

FAN: Why not?

PCH: Because it's not a police matter.

FAN: Not a police matter? Are you a policewoman?

PCH: No I'm not a policewoman, I'm a member of police staff. This is not a 999 matter.

FAN: 999 matter... Oh I see. Right. 

PCH: Yeah.

FAN: OK then erm... erm...

PCH: I'm gonna go now. Right. Goodbye.

FAN: Bye bye.

• Upvote 1

Looks inevitable now, wonder if its been leaked before they have even told him. Maybe the players have gone over his head to force him out.

Whatever has happened looks like he will out soon. This season will live long in the memory.