You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early thoughts on Rodgers

fowler9

Having watched 'Being Liverpool' and having been given a good amount of insight into BR's style, for me, the most important element, and the one missing from BR's artillery, is authority.

He has no respectful authority. He wasn't a successful player, so players can never respect his ideas from a playing perspective and he has no balls. He couldnt give anybody a bollocking if his life depended on it. If Man Utd were 2-0 down at halftime, how do you think Fergie would react? He'd probably be apoplectic.

Footballers might be pre-madonnas these days, and keep powder puffs in their secret handbags, but deep down they want to be men, and they want to be treated like men.

At halftime BR should have been reading the riot act. I bet he wasn't. I bet it was all cuddly and nice and warm - faery like: with plenty of 'meditation' and imagining the ball going into the back of the net.

We need a strong hand. BR had better find one.

Quick.

Having watched 'Being Liverpool' and having been given a good amount of insight into BR's style, for me, the most important element, and the one missing from BR's artillery, is authority.

He has no respectful authority. He wasn't a successful player, so players can never respect his ideas from a playing perspective and he has no balls. He couldnt give anybody a bollocking if his life depended on it. If Man Utd were 2-0 down at halftime, how do you think Fergie would react? He'd probably be apoplectic.

Footballers might be pre-madonnas these days, and keep powder puffs in their secret handbags, but deep down they want to be men, and they want to be treated like men.

At halftime BR should have been reading the riot act. I bet he wasn't. I bet it was all cuddly and nice and warm - faery like: with plenty of 'meditation' and imagining the ball going into the back of the net.

We need a strong hand. BR had better find one.

Quick.

He probably told them we had the most posession so it was nothing to worry about.

Dempsey has got 3 goals for Spurs whilst adapting to playing a different position to what he played at Fulham and would have played for us.

Those 3 league goals would have made him our second topscorer. I wonder how different things could have been if we had signed Dempsey to play on the left and Sturridge for the right.

Hope that in January these glaring deficiencies are rectified by Rodgers and FSG

He is inexperienced the people who hired him were clowns. His comments yesterday (which as I said above I liked) and his team's spectacular failure to back the manager's talk today, just like his comments at the start with Stierling's manager. Anyway I don't know. Watching him with his Liverpool scarf... He is a nice guy.

Rodgers deserves his chance and some time. But if the owners and that moron Ayre start their shite again in two weeks, with delays and refuses to buy his targets and let the team get punched around by United and City away, he(Brenada) needs to come out and speak.

I'm pretty happy with his signings. Allen is going to be quality for the next 10 years. These past few months aren't reflective of what he could do in a better side. Borini has been injured, but he's a talented 21 year old Italian international who scored for Roma. I'm looking forward to him coming back.

Where I agree with you, wholeheartedly, is the importance of this transfer window. This is what I said on a different forum about it:

Allen is solid, but that doesn't mean he's quality. He and Lucas are similar, but Lucas is a better passer of the ball, and has a better footballing brain. We don't need both in the team. It's one or the other.

He is inexperienced the people who hired him were clowns. His comments yesterday (which as I said above I liked) and his team's spectacular failure to back the manager's talk today, just like his comments at the start with Sterling's manager. Anyway I don't know. Watching him with his Liverpool scarf... He is a nice guy.

Rodgers is a smooth media operator- but he is creating a few tricky hostages to fortune.

High expectations are good. But back to back wins against Southampton and West Ham are not in themselves evidence of a top two finish, A home defeat by a lightweight Villa side makes the comments look foolish.

Sterling holds all the cards,and the fact that Dec 8th, the date when he can sign a new contract, has come and gone suggests that Rodgers perosnal involvement has not helped. That compromises his future prospects with other players as it suggests he is not a man able to get the job done. And this is a siutaion entirely of his own making. A shrewder operator might have simply said that Sterling is contracted to the club for another eighteen months, that he wants him to stay beyond that period and that the MD will deal with contractual issues in due course.

Did someone ever hug you when you were a child?

Did someone ever say that you were the apple of their eye?

Did someone ever take you by the hand and say everything is gonna be alright?

Questions are fun.

Uncle Jimmy used to do all those things lots of times. When he used to baby sit we played blindfold "Hide The Sausage" which was great fun. He was rubbish cos I always found it when he hid it. He did smell of stale cigars and say "now then now then" a lot.

Good to see Rodgers has acnowledged that Allen and Sterling are shattered, hopefully they will be rested, Gerrard looks like he needs it too.

Excuses. He has all the data, plenty of options, he should be managing the situation. Not running them into the ground till they're broke and then exclaiming they're shattered like it's some kind of surprise.

I thought all evidence pointed to payers being tired 72 hrs after a game but fresh as a daisy over that. How can playing 90 minutes of football once a week at such a young age leave you shattered. They train what 3 hrs a day and get all day to lounge around their mansions, they get fed the right foods given all the luxuries to recouperate better than almost any other human being alive. Fuck footballers.

I thought all evidence pointed to payers being tired 72 hrs after a game but fresh as a daisy over that. How can playing 90 minutes of football once a week at such a young age leave you shattered. They train what 3 hrs a day and get all day to lounge around their mansions, they get fed the right foods given all the luxuries to recouperate better than almost any other human being alive. Fuck footballers.

In hay-day I played saturday and sunday and most wednesdays, worked monday to friday and if there wasn't a midweek game, trained on tuesday and thursday evenings. Lightweight twerps, need to man-up.

Rodgers is a smooth media operator.

Is he? I'd argue the opposite. To me he seems like a glam rock-loving girl tottering over to meet Uncle Jimmy Savile for a tour of the studio. They ask him questions and he talks and talks and talks. The hacks loved this at first after the war of attrition they endured with Kenny, but after a while even they started to realise that most of the time he was not only talking bollocks, but also incoherent bollocks, and they're very much in control these days, building up a nice little library of Brendanisms to cite when they they think the time is right (i.e. after about two more defeats).

I listened to the game podcast last week and a couple of the journos on there both Liverpool fans said he was smugger than Allaydyce after the Westham game. They didn't appreciate his lecture to them on the false 9 role in England and how they don't understand it.

Overall he is getting an easy ride though from the media, you couldn't imagine Villasboas getting such sympathy if he had taken the job and had performed in the same manner.

*takes pin out of grenade*

This forum is going to be another rafa related war zone if he has a decent season with Chelsea, leaves... And we have finished below 5th.... The shouts for him back will be loud. I want to persevere with Rodgers for a few seasons but know full well the rafa heads in here will be spouting very soon.

*lobs grenade in, and fucks off for dinner*