You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

Not that it’s anything to do with Ketosis but I’m off to London next week to get a DEXA scan for body fat percentage. I’ve spent the last seven months in the gym gaining muscle (and inevitably fat) and for the first time in my life I want to get down to single figure body fat without becoming skeletal. Patience has never been my strong point when it comes to exercise so I thought having actual figures and goals is a better way that just cutting down to a thousand calories a day and looking like the machinest.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Half a stone dropped in a week. Back in the gym and knocking back 2-3 litres of water a day. I took the plunge and joined back at the David Lloyd which is £50pm. I'm not arsed about the cost because it's on the way home from work and 10 minutes from my house. I've been a member at another gym that's not on my way home from work and 20 minutes further on from my house. I've been a total of zero times in the last 14 months so I'd rather spend the extra and have a gym that's handy for me.

Breakfast is usually two hard boiled eggs (I buy them pre-packed from Morrison's at the meal deal stand because I'm too lazy to make them at home and would very easily grab some cereal instead. Pack of two, pre-peeled).

Dinner is a couple of chicken breasts and feta with cucumber.

Tea is usually pork with some dry powder seasoning rubbed in, served with brocolli or sprouts.

Loads of water, a can of coke zero as a treat and will on the odd occasion grab an Atkins bar from the supermarket if I feel a wobble coming on.

Take the dog for a walk at 6am before the wife goes to work. Have a quick 15 minute stroll on lunch after I've eaten and doing a 30 minute cross train and 10 minute light weights/sit ups of an evening in the gym.

Got another 3 stone to drop to my optimal fighting weight when I was in my prime but will be more than happy if I can live contently with a 2 stone drop.

• Upvote 2

Half a stone dropped in a week. Back in the gym and knocking back 2-3 litres of water a day. I took the plunge and joined back at the David Lloyd which is £50pm. I'm not arsed about the cost because it's on the way home from work and 10 minutes from my house. I've been a member at another gym that's not on my way home from work and 20 minutes further on from my house. I've been a total of zero times in the last 14 months so I'd rather spend the extra and have a gym that's handy for me.

Breakfast is usually two hard boiled eggs (I buy them pre-packed from Morrison's at the meal deal stand because I'm too lazy to make them at home and would very easily grab some cereal instead. Pack of two, pre-peeled).

Dinner is a couple of chicken breasts and feta with cucumber.

Tea is usually pork with some dry powder seasoning rubbed in, served with brocolli or sprouts.

Loads of water, a can of coke zero as a treat and will on the odd occasion grab an Atkins bar from the supermarket if I feel a wobble coming on.

Take the dog for a walk at 6am before the wife goes to work. Have a quick 15 minute stroll on lunch after I've eaten and doing a 30 minute cross train and 10 minute light weights/sit ups of an evening in the gym.

Got another 3 stone to drop to my optimal fighting weight when I was in my prime but will be more than happy if I can live contently with a 2 stone drop.

You’ve got some doppelganger who’s slightly ahead of you, but that’s great work.

Made some new ones up last night with pesto, just as good

Keto-Cheddar-Bay-Nutrition-Label-575x102

1. Combine Mozzarella Cheese and Cream Cheese into a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high power for about 45 seconds, until slightly melted.
  2. Remove from Microwave and stir together. Return to microwave and nuke it again for about 20 more seconds.
  3. Remove from Microwave again, and stir one last time. The consistency should start to become VERY sticky, and you should not see any unmelted cheeses. If there are still some unmelted cheese, return to Microwave as needed.
  4. In a smaller bowl to the side mix together the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Granulated Garlic Powder, and Eggs.
  5. Combine the ingredients from the smaller bowl into the bigger bowl and mix together well.
  6. Add cheddar cheese on top of mixture and mix into the mixture.
  7. Set out Plastic Wrap on the counter and dust lightly with almond flour.
  8. Pour the mixture onto the dusted portion of the plastic wrap in the middle, and wrap in the plastic wrap to form a general Ball shape.
  9. Place the dough into the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes to harden a little.
  10. Pre-heat the oven to 425* (adjust as needed per altitude).
  11. Remove dough from the refrigerator after the desired time (you can leave it in there longer if you wish to make this ahead of time).
  12. Cut the dough into 8 equal sized pieces.
  13. Grease your dark baking sheet with some butter and roll the 8 pieces of dough into balls.
  14. Place the dough balls spread out equally, avoiding the sides of the baking sheet, as the biscuits will spread out when they cook.
  15. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, paying extra close attention around the 10 minute mark. Be careful not to burn them, and take them out when they look golden brown.
  16. Remove from oven immediately and set on the counter to cool before serving!

Very soft, so i was toasting them before having them with soup. 

Pesto same recipee just added a little pesto to the mix

I'm on a crazy diet at the moment.

Given up all processed meat - just chicken and fish.

Given up most fruits and now only eating strawberries, plums and water melons (obviously not a whole one in one go).

Eating shitoads of vegs including ones I don't normally have like celery for example at least 5 of the 7 days a week.

Only drinking water, no sugar cranberrry juice, gin neat or with ice or and tonic.

My treats 85% cocoa chocolate or low carb ice cream like Halo Top, which is very delicious.

Can have the occasional cheat day a week where I can have a pizza, chips etc, which doesn't make any difference in terms of weight gain.

If someone wants me to post my entire diet, I will do.

The kg's have been dropping off fast. Losing a kilo a week currently.

Got told about the GM diet which is pretty mental:

https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/the-gm-diet-is-it-for-you/

I use it more as a low carb thing than actual keto as being in Ketosis isn't great for a Diabetic according the the doctors. But then they also tell me to fill a third of my plate with Carbs which rockets everything. So the keto idea's are great for just keeping everything low and low carbs means less insulin which might actually lead to losing weight which is a twat on insulin for me. Fell off it all during my holiday so back on track and intermitting fasting as low carb

Sorry mate but if you are eating fruit you ain’t doing keto.

Depends on the fruit and what you eat in the rest of the day, to be fair. Some fruits you can quite easily get a portion or even two portions of 100g in a day. I mean, downing pints of OJ is obviously off the table. But I disagree with your 'if you're eating fruit you ain't doing keto' view.  

Keto is fat.

Nothing else,

All energy from fat.

I've got to disagree a bit with the way you presented that, mate. In a very basic breakdown of it you do get energy from fat (although, not in actuality) but Ketogenic diets aren't just fat. It's not 'Keto is fat' as you said above. Keto is much more to do with the lack of glucose than it is fat. Just because it then breaks down stored energy (body fat) and converts it in the process of gluconeogenesis, it's not all about taking in fat. Certainly not nothing else.

Wahey, we disagree. Always fun. Let's fight.

Made some new ones up last night with pesto, just as good

Keto-Cheddar-Bay-Nutrition-Label-575x102

• Combine Mozzarella Cheese and Cream Cheese into a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high power for about 45 seconds, until slightly melted.
  • Remove from Microwave and stir together. Return to microwave and nuke it again for about 20 more seconds.
  • Remove from Microwave again, and stir one last time. The consistency should start to become VERY sticky, and you should not see any unmelted cheeses. If there are still some unmelted cheese, return to Microwave as needed.
  • In a smaller bowl to the side mix together the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Granulated Garlic Powder, and Eggs.
  • Combine the ingredients from the smaller bowl into the bigger bowl and mix together well.
  • Add cheddar cheese on top of mixture and mix into the mixture.
  • Set out Plastic Wrap on the counter and dust lightly with almond flour.
  • Pour the mixture onto the dusted portion of the plastic wrap in the middle, and wrap in the plastic wrap to form a general Ball shape.
  • Place the dough into the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes to harden a little.
  • Pre-heat the oven to 425* (adjust as needed per altitude).
  • Remove dough from the refrigerator after the desired time (you can leave it in there longer if you wish to make this ahead of time).
  • Cut the dough into 8 equal sized pieces.
  • Grease your dark baking sheet with some butter and roll the 8 pieces of dough into balls.
  • Place the dough balls spread out equally, avoiding the sides of the baking sheet, as the biscuits will spread out when they cook.
  • Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, paying extra close attention around the 10 minute mark. Be careful not to burn them, and take them out when they look golden brown.
  • Remove from oven immediately and set on the counter to cool before serving!

Very soft, so i was toasting them before having them with soup.

Pesto same recipee just added a little pesto to the mix

PESTO! Fuck yes going to get me some of that

Depends on the fruit and what you eat in the rest of the day, to be fair. Some fruits you can quite easily get a portion or even two portions of 100g in a day. I mean, downing pints of OJ is obviously off the table. But I disagree with your 'if you're eating fruit you ain't doing keto' view.

I've got to disagree a bit with the way you presented that, mate. In a very basic breakdown of it you do get energy from fat (although, not in actuality) but Ketogenic diets aren't just fat. It's not 'Keto is fat' as you said above. Keto is much more to do with the lack of glucose than it is fat. Just because it then breaks down stored energy (body fat) and converts it in the process of gluconeogenesis, it's not all about taking in fat. Certainly not nothing else.

Wahey, we disagree. Always fun. Let's fight.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but too much stored protein becomes sugar/glycogen?