You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

I bet Hazard is a contender. 

If whether that's right or not came into it Luis would have won it last year.

If Chelsea were to win the league, the Football Writers would look very favourably at him, and given the reaction Luis got at the players' dinner last year, not sure they will all have had a Road To Damascus style conversion on their opinions towards him

Everyone knows who the best player in England is this year, but this is an award Ryan Giggs won after playing about a third of a season.

Like most awards, they're ripe for politics, bullshit and favouritism.  Best thing he can do is take the golden boot, at least that one's under his own control.  If he gets the awards great, he deserves them by an absolute landslide, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I bet Hazard is a contender. 

If whether that's right or not came into it Luis would have won it last year.

If Chelsea were to win the league, the Football Writers would look very favourably at him, and given the reaction Luis got at the players' dinner last year, not sure they will all have had a Road To Damascus style conversion on their opinions towards him

Everyone knows who the best player in England is this year, but this is an award Ryan Giggs won after playing about a third of a season.

Like most awards, they're ripe for politics, bullshit and favouritism.  Best thing he can do is take the golden boot, at least that one's under his own control.  If he gets the awards great, he deserves them by an absolute landslide, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Well that's another thing altogether. Winning an award he wouldn't deserve, doesn't make him an actual rival, it just makes football what it already is.

Well that's another thing altogether. Winning an award he wouldn't deserve, doesn't make him an actual rival, it just makes football what it already is.

Splitting hairs.  Obviously Suarez deserves it. 

And as murky as football is, it wouldn't stand alone in throwing up sometimes baffling award decisions; that's the nature of them.