You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen thread

MLB

Deffo meant the assist and played superbly last night but turning it once in a while isn't good enough for Liverpool. Every pro footballers is capable of playing well every now and again, and Joe Allen has proved over the last three years, he'll never make it at a club that expects to win week in week out.

Should be the first out the door to make way for the much needed midfield signings.

I didn't think he meant it until I saw the replay, excellent assist and shows what a team player he is.I find the praise he's getting last night a bit strange though as that was an average performance by Allens standards, his passing wasn't as good as usual and he wasn't making things look as easy as he normally does.

Hia talent is being wasted here and fair play to him for remaining professional and not complaining, I want to see him go to Spain or one of the big teams in Portugal or something.He would boss it over there with the time he would get on the ball.

• Downvote 1

I don't see the sense in selling him, with the amount of games we have every year and the injuries that we'll pick up its good to have a decent midfielder to come in and cover when we need it.

Allens gone, he was already stalling about a contract when BR was here so he certainly won't be happy with what's happened since Klopp has been here.

I think a team set up like it was last night allows Allen to show his best qualities. He's not the biggest physically and when we are playing a slow, cumbersome game against a bunch of cloggers with Benteke upfront this gets badly exposed. Stretch the game with players who can run at and worry the defence and he has more of a chance to shine.

That's not to say he's a brilliant player, but I think he's better than he's shown and he's one of a few severely lacking confidence and not really being used in the right way.

• Upvote 1

Allens gone, he was already stalling about a contract when BR was here so he certainly won't be happy with what's happened since Klopp has been here.

Are you going to spend the rest of your days blaming Jurgan Klopp for every little hic up that happens in your life?

I don't see the sense in selling him, with the amount of games we have every year and the injuries that we'll pick up its good to have a decent midfielder to come in and cover when we need it.

Same here, I don't really see the point unless Klopp has to sell to buy in the summer. If he can stay fit I actually think Klopp will use him a fair bit. He the type of player Klopp can mould and motivate. He also seems a decent professional.

Joe Allen has one good game in six. The same thing happens each time, people pop up saying he is a decent pro etc, we should keep him etc. One half decent game every now and again is not sufficient for central midfield for us or any team.

He has had long enough to establish himself. Yes, use him now when needed but thank him for his time and move him on in the summer. Klopp knows this and so should anyone who has watched us for the last couple of years.

• Upvote 2

Joe Allen has one good game in six. The same thing happens each time, people pop up saying he is a decent pro etc, we should keep him etc. One half decent game every now and again is not sufficient for central midfield for us or any team.

He has had long enough to establish himself. Yes, use him now when needed but thank him for his time and move him on in the summer. Klopp knows this and so should anyone who has watched us for the last couple of years.

We've watched Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino and plenty of others endure worse averages than one in six this season.  His performance wasn't half decent, it was excellent.  As it was against Southampton and others this season.  

Injuries and illness have, as in previous seasons, been the main problem for him.  He will more than likely leave as he didn't want to renew his contract last year, and he's hardly been selected this year.  A shame, as I think he's a really good midfielder - our best, when he's fit and firing.  

Allen, Milner, Henderson, Lucas, makes no odds, they're all bog average. If they came up against a proper CL midfield they'd get skinned alive. 

Harsh but true, midfield is in desperate need of two quality signings, which of the others hangs about as squad players doesn't make that much difference.

Probably past the point at the club where a reasonable performance in the reserves cup is going to save him but it helps us try and get a fee.

A reasonable performance in the reserves cup is a bit of a shitty way of putting it. Man of the match performance in a cup semi final would be more accurate.

• Upvote 1