You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Golf Thread

lifetime fan

I think they're barking up the wrong tree with this anchoring rubbish. I dont think it offers a significant advantage otherwise they'd all be doing it. Some of them prefer it, most dont.

The size of drivers is more of a pressing issue in my opinion. Old established courses are losing their edge because of how far people can hit it now.

I think they're barking up the wrong tree with this anchoring rubbish. I dont think it offers a significant advantage otherwise they'd all be doing it. Some of them prefer it, most dont.

The size of drivers is more of a pressing issue in my opinion. Old established courses are losing their edge because of how far people can hit it now.

Drivers have been regulated, the grooves have been regulated, two things that have not are:

1) Golf balls

2) Putters

In fact it's a combination of drivers, balls, course conditions, green speeds, all that crap. On pro tours they know what to expect, it's not like when I go to my local course and have greens stimping from 5 to 10, and I never get the fairways cut low and running towards the hole. Well, they do play a Senior's Tour competition here once a year, and refuse to cut the greens or fairways for two weeks after the tournament, it would damn kill the grass.

They should just go back to persimmon on the pro tours, and a single spec wound ball. It has worked in baseball pretty well.

Drivers have been regulated' date=' the grooves have been regulated, two things that have not are:

1) Golf balls

2) Putters

In fact it's a combination of drivers, balls, course conditions, green speeds, all that crap. On pro tours they know what to expect, it's not like when I go to my local course and have greens stimping from 5 to 10, and I never get the fairways cut low and running towards the hole. Well, they do play a Senior's Tour competition here once a year, and refuse to cut the greens or fairways for two weeks after the tournament, it would damn kill the grass.

They should just go back to persimmon on the pro tours, and a single spec wound ball. It has worked in baseball pretty well.[/quote']

The people in the know reckon the golf balls are the things that help the professionals most.

I think they are correct but the improvement in the putting of pros who use belly putters indicate they help a lot.

I'd ban any club connected to the body. A free swing with hands is golf. Drivers should be limited to where they are now, for the pros preferably persimmon and wound balls. Different game, yes, but come on, they play 500 yard par 4s all day long. Anything over 470 is a par 5 for me... And 470 needs a driver and a 3 wood or some kind of rescue thingy every damn time, whereas they hit a 3 wood and a 7 iron...

I'd ban any club connected to the body. A free swing with hands is golf. Drivers should be limited to where they are now' date=' for the pros preferably persimmon and wound balls. Different game, yes, but come on, they play 500 yard par 4s all day long. Anything over 470 is a par 5 for me... And 470 needs a driver and a 3 wood or some kind of rescue thingy every damn time, whereas they hit a 3 wood and a 7 iron...[/quote']

Anything over 300yds is a par 5 for me!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd ban any club connected to the body. A free swing with hands is golf. Drivers should be limited to where they are now, for the pros preferably persimmon and wound balls. Different game, yes, but come on, they play 500 yard par 4s all day long. Anything over 470 is a par 5 for me... And 470 needs a driver and a 3 wood or some kind of rescue thingy every damn time, whereas they hit a 3 wood and a 7 iron...

Any club should have a max size of 300cc for competitive golf i reckon, these 460cc drivers render long holes obsolete on the PGA tour.

With a driver that size the pros would be looking at max air time of 300y which makes a 550y par 5 a par 5.

Then they wouldnt have to try and ruin famous holes like the road hole

Garcia is in trouble for saying that Woods could come round to his house and they could eat some fried chicken.

He's on Sky Sports News now eating some humble pie for pudding.

It might actually be one of Tigers favourite meals? They do know each other socially dont they?

I'd always eat chicken before those revolting big macs.

Garcia is in trouble for saying that Woods could come round to his house and they could eat some fried chicken.

He's on Sky Sports News now eating some humble pie for pudding.

Tiger not to impressed.

Said comment wrong, hurtful and insensitive. Much like Fuzzy Zoeller's comment about fried chicken and collard greens and whatever the hell else they serve.

It's only wrong and hurtful because bot Sergio and Fuzzy disrespected his Mum and did not make fun of SE Asian sterotypes.

Ex- Sergio: Tiger can come over any time and have fried chicken as long as his Ma doesn't drive him.