You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will kenny still be in charge next season?

marcus50bucks

Will Kenny still be in charge next season?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kenny still be in charge next season?

He probably won't be here next season but I hope he is. He deserves to save face and we owe him at least that.

The way to do that would be to sack Commolli and let Kenny have another shot, for one year only. Don't let him be reckless with spending again (he needs to take 50-50 blame with Commolli privately, if not more) and make it known that he will see out his contract. Start sounding out young managers who can build something from there.

Either that or he needs to resign citing health reasons. Firing him would just be unbelievably bad and I doubt the club would ever recover.

There has been a influx of right disrespectful twats on here lately.

There are major issues no doubt but some of the disrespectful comments about one of the greatest ever players to grace Anfield and one of the greatest men the city has ever known is fucking disgusting.

The Liverpool Way...... Fuck me,Shanks and Bob must be turning in there graves

Guest The Chimp
hopefully he ll go befroe he tarnishes his name and memories even more

He's not tarnished his name nor my memories of what he's done in the past one jot and anyone whose memories of him are or have been can get to fuck.

"Yeah we know whilst the rest of the country was happy to believe the vilest of mistruths that Dalglish stuck up for us, that he went to funerals, and took grief on as his own, but fuck all that he's not got us in the top four."

Guest The Chimp

There are major issues no doubt but some of the disrespectful comments about one of the greatest ever players to grace Anfield and one of the greatest men the city has ever known is fucking disgusting.

Amen to that Lee. It's absolutely galling.

I hope we can somehow get our shit together and beat Everton in the semi, then beat whoever in the final.

The league is a complete right off for the third year in a row. The biggest problem this season has been that we haven't taken enough points from the games we've played well in, so It's no wonder we get beat in the games where we don't play well.

The signings of Carroll Downing and Henderson for the exuberant fees we paid is arguably the worst transfer business we've ever done. How much would we get if we wanted to offload them in the summer? 25 million for the three at most I would estimate.

The stupidly high prices we paid have meant that these players have had to get more playing time than better players such as Kuyt and Maxi.

My own view on our next move is that Kenny should step down, as I worry about what effect this season will have on both his reputation and health, and would hate to see either jeopardized any more.

To start calling him names is disrespectful. Kenny lives and breathes the club. Like every other fan who was there on that fateful day, I will forever hold Kenny dear to my heart for the way the bravely put aside his personal grief (to the detrement of his health) to be there for the families who lost loved ones. That's not in dispute. However, like any other manager he stands or falls by results and performances. I'm afraid this season, for large periods, neither have been upto scratch.

Think it depends on the FA Cup now obviously.

If we go out to the Bitters then I'd say hes in trouble.

Me personally I'd give him a go at next season irregardless, but there would need to be immediate improvement. If we carry this form into next season we'll be in deep shit.

A change is inevitable im afraid, it hurts me to see Kenny where he is right now. But this team is woefully short of leaders, players with a winning mentality.

Tactics and team selection are baffling, i dont know what plan a is but when that fails we have no plan b,c,d.

The money we have spent in the last year is unprecedented and it has been completely wasted for me.

Carroll's actions today were inexcusable, i dont like him anyway, but his attitude stinks the team out, for me this eclipses Houlliers spending on Diouf Diao and Cheyrou by a country mile.

Fenway might want to sack him but they wont be able to do it because an important part of our support would hate them for it, I think that the semi is really really important not because a game should decide the manager future but because defeat there would give them a good excuse.

He's not tarnished his name nor my memories of what he's done in the past one jot and anyone whose memories of him are or have been can get to fuck.

"Yeah we know whilst the rest of the country was happy to believe the vilest of mistruths that Dalglish stuck up for us, that he went to funerals, and took grief on as his own, but fuck all that he's not got us in the top four."

Well said lads.

He probably won't be here next season but I hope he is. He deserves to save face and we owe him at least that.

The way to do that would be to sack Commolli and let Kenny have another shot, for one year only. Don't let him be reckless with spending again (he needs to take 50-50 blame with Commolli privately, if not more) and make it known that he will see out his contract. Start sounding out young managers who can build something from there.

Either that or he needs to resign citing health reasons. Firing him would just be unbelievably bad and I doubt the club would ever recover.

Garbled thinking.

Still the right man for the job. I fucking hope the owners can hold their nerve (better than a lot of the "fans").

Is he though? I personally don't think he is. He did a fantastic job of lifting the club for 6 months on the back of an awful start to last season & the previous one. However this season the team has seemingly fallen back into bad habits & the whole management staff do not seem to know what to do & how to arrest our alarming decline since the turn of the year.

I would absolutely fucking love to see Kenny do well & sort the league form for next season but I have this horrible niggling feeling based on what i've seen this season & the past 2 seasons to be frank that it has the potential to get even worse than it currently is. I am just baffled & bemused as to why he decided to change a positive (in both results & style of play) system that we saw in the last half of last season. I'm worried that he changed the whole system to accommodate that fucking donkey upfront which also meant bringing in a shithouse winger to 'supply' the ammo.

I just hope to god we win the FA Cup so the question/debate of whether to give Kenny another season will be made redundant.

some of you are so blinkered blaming commoli more than kenny. What sort of manager would sit back and let him buy the jokes he s bought ? If he did its more the reason he must go, but clearly kenny bought them coz he sadly rated them.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Legend player and manger first time round now a embarrassment. Running on the pitch today:whatever:

Is he though? I personally don't think he is. He did a fantastic job of lifting the club for 6 months on the back of an awful start to last season & the previous one. However this season the team has seemingly fallen back into bad habits & the whole management staff do not seem to know what to do & how to arrest our alarming decline since the turn of the year.

I would absolutely fucking love to see Kenny do well & sort the league form for next season but I have this horrible niggling feeling based on what i've seen this season & the past 2 seasons to be frank that it has the potential to get even worse than it currently is. I am just baffled & bemused as to why he decided to change a positive (in both results & style of play) system that we saw in the last half of last season. I'm worried that he changed the whole system to accommodate that fucking donkey upfront which also meant bringing in a shithouse winger to 'supply' the ammo.

I just hope to god we win the FA Cup so the question/debate of whether to give Kenny another season will be made redundant.

That's what I just can't get my head around........why the change in tactics/mentality that served us so well?