You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

He is one of those players who taken out of context is a bad joke on a Friday night.

On the other hand though if you put Adam around players who actually enable him to play his game; he will play so well that you would think Xabi Alonso came back to Liverpool.

The tipping point. If you think Adam could even work out how to tie Xabi's laces then I'm going to have to file you under code72.

I don't see what Adam has done to deserve any of this.

A certain England number 4 is putting in proper shifts but shortchanged his club side for a lot of the past 2 years, but is bullet proof seemingly, no?

In fact I don't even want or need forum consensus to say it, Gerrard is a bit of a knob these days. His injuries, I mean 'injuries' seem to have cleared up this month, playing a full 90 minutes every four days. MOTM performances as well.

And yet people round on Adam? Twisted shit this is, a bit of a scapegoat for the failings of a lot of others.

A certain England number 4 is putting in proper shifts but shortchanged his club side for a lot of the past 2 years, but is bullet proof seemingly, no?

In fact I don't even want or need forum consensus to say it, Gerrard is a bit of a knob these days. His injuries, I mean 'injuries' seem to have cleared up this month, playing a full 90 minutes every four days. MOTM performances as well.

And yet people round on Adam? Twisted shit this is, a bit of a scapegoat for the failings of a lot of others.

Are you joking? I certainly hope so. Gerrard hasn't been brilliant but this post is ridiculous.

The tipping point. If you think Adam could even work out how to tie Xabi's laces then I'm going to have to file you under code72.

I dont think he is better than him, but he has the potential to have a talent similar to Xabi. He can pick out pass, play through balls and he can read the play.

Out of all our midfielders, he has to work the hardest as it stands cause he has fallen so far behind. If he does though, he could become a real asset for us.

Are you joking? I certainly hope so. Gerrard hasn't been brilliant but this post is ridiculous.

I think there is a middle ground here.

The fact is Adam and Gerrard have both under-performed, but I cannot hold Gerrards performances for England against him. I respect the man too much to even think that he will fake an injury playing for Liverpool just to be more fresh to play for England.

Funne's comment was a little over the top and a harsh one at that, but it does not come as a surprise seeing as some of our fans don't even want Gerrard as our team captain under the new manager.

Adam in turn has also been poorly supported by our fans, admittingly even I threw the first rock.

But both men deserve better; one needs another season at Liverpool whilst the other has proven time and time again that no one deserves to wear the Liverpool shirt as much as him.

Nope, and I bet you're flabbergasted by my temerity to question his dedication to the cause in the past two years. Flabbergasted.

We'll see what level he plays at under Rodgers and how fit he is, and tired he is, and how many excuses are made by people on his behalf if he dewnt replicate this form for us.

I'm sure FSG and Rodgers are all watching the Euros as much as I am and seeing his performances. Let's just see how he responds to this new challenge in 2012/13.

I think there is a middle ground here.

The fact is Adam and Gerrard have both under-performed, but I cannot hold Gerrards performances for England against him. I respect the man too much to even think that he will fake an injury playing for Liverpool just to be more fresh to play for England.

Funne's comment was a little over the top and a harsh one at that, but it does not come as a surprise seeing as some of our fans don't even want Gerrard as our team captain under the new manager.

Adam in turn has also been poorly supported by our fans, admittingly even I threw the first rock.

But both men deserve better; one needs another season at Liverpool whilst the other has proven time and time again that no one deserves to wear the Liverpool shirt as much as him.

I think that's well put. I'm only harsh on Gerrard because I know he's capable of so much more. And by the same token, I'm a bit sick of hearing how all the new lads are the cause of our troubles, they're not the only ones who let us all down badly last season.

Adam is technically brilliant, if we can't utilise that then there's something wrong with us. There's a place for him in a top squad, I buZed off some of his performances at times last season, his give and go's were brilliant, he did all the right things in the dangerous areas, passed and then moved to offer a return option. But if the rest of the team don't do subscribe to the same philosophy then it's all rendered useless.

Gerrard is exceptionally talented, but we need to see it more in a red shirt and not a White one, or both in equal measures, otherwise I'm well within my rights to ask questions of why that is.

I think that's well put. I'm only harsh on Gerrard because I know he's capable of so much more. And by the same token, I'm a bit sick of hearing how all the new lads are the cause of our troubles, they're not the only ones who let us all down badly last season.

Adam is technically brilliant, if we can't utilise that then there's something wrong with us. There's a place for him in a top squad, I buZed off some of his performances at times last season, his give and go's were brilliant, he did all the right things in the dangerous areas, passed and then moved to offer a return option. But if the rest of the team don't do subscribe to the same philosophy then it's all rendered useless.

Gerrard is exceptionally talented, but we need to see it more in a red shirt and not a White one, or both in equal measures, otherwise I'm well within my rights to ask questions of why that is.

Excellent post, couldn't agree more.

How do you see us lining up to maximise Adam's technical brilliance?

Much like Carroll, he is a confidence playing a certain style of play. He needs at least one DM behind him and a striker/wingers that can play on the shoulder of the defenders.

Putting someone with pace in front of him as an attacking mid is not a bad idea either.

Its interesting to think how less defensive we can become with Lucas back in the side.

Much like Carroll, he is a confidence playing a certain style of play. He needs at least one DM behind him and a striker/wingers that can play on the shoulder of the defenders.

Putting someone with pace in front of him as an attacking mid is not a bad idea either.

Its interesting to think how less defensive we can become with Lucas back in the side.

Yep, we will welcome Lucas back but I just can't get my head around building a side around Adam. If he could play anywhere other than where you have him there, then there would be an argument for him to play. But he doesn't appear able to and I personally think the cons far outweigh the pros if we were set up with him in mind.

No.

WJ seems to be saying 4231 with Adam in the middle of the 3. Or 4123(ish) and Adam one of the 2.

Either way makes me wince.

No way he can play in the middle of an advanced three with just a striker in front of him.

- at least one DM behind him and an AM with pace in front - maybe, really that leaves him as the left side DM in a 4231 - he may not be able to cover enough ground.

No way he can play in the middle of an advanced three with just a striker in front of him.

- at least one DM behind him and an AM with pace in front - maybe, really that leaves him as the left side DM in a 4231 - he may not be able to cover enough ground.

Agree on all counts.

I was just seeing if anyone could offer a plausible scenario where Adam was concerned. And my view - based on watching Adam last season and where WJ has him playing in his setup - is they cannot.