You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Hopefully Moura will prove to be more of a Anderson or Robinho than a Ronaldo. I think there was a lot of pressure on Ferguson since Man Utd are showing signs of slipping away slightly, and he is not getting any younger. So he will splash some cash this summer to try to go further in Europe and win the league. I'm not sure it will happen for him. It would be nice if he never wins again before retiring. They have piled up debt problems too, and they are only keeping an emergency at bay through staying at or near the top. Once Fergie retires it will be a lot more precarious for them, hopefully.

It's on us to get our own act together and build it up so we can fight for the biggest prizes again, and soon. It has been too choppy since we've had new owners. Granted they are way better than what went before, but now we need stability, good scouting, good signings, and good coaching. Hopefully it will all come together under Rodgers and he will build his own dynasty here.

Can't wait for the new season to begin. I know it's only pre-season and I've downplayed it on here before, but I'm starting to think about the Roma game too.

Spot on mate. Well said. At the end of the day it's all about us and fuck anybody else.

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool, West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers have all expressed an interest in Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu.

The 19-year-old is regarded as one of the top prospects within the club's youth system and has a contract to 2014.

However, the young winger is believed to want to play first-team football next year having spent the last few seasons with Barca's B side.

He is due to return to training this week having helped Spain's Under-19 side to their second successive European crown.

Contact

And, with Barca ready to open talks with him about his future, a host of clubs have now made contact, including Liverpool, West Ham and QPR.

Barca are not believed to be considering a sale, but are looking at whether to loan him or promote him to the first team.

New first team coach Tito Vilanova and sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta are due to meet this week to discuss Deulofeu's future.

Sources close to the player have indicated in the local press he would prefer to stay in his native Catalunya.

Deulofeu made his senior debut for Barca last term, featuring twice under Pep Guardiola.

never heard of him to be honest

I'd have thought that Sterling will remain wide left, and Suso as an attacking central midfielder. Silva played on the right, and pretty well. Its probably the weakest position in the squad.

I'd say all 3 can play on the right, Sterling is right footed afterall and Suso was great there in the 2nd half of the season for the reserves. But we already have first team players as well who can play those positions in as well in Suarez, Bellamy, Downing, Cole, Borini etc.

If an opportunity does come up, which can be few and far between, for the right forward/wing spot for one of the younger lads, would we give it to Silva over Sterling because Sterling has only played on the left, or would we give it to Sterling because he is the better player? I'd go for Sterling, and then Suso.

And until such an opportunity comes up, do we play Silva in reserves, or do we play Ibe who is potentially the better player? These lads need games, and someone would be missing out either way.

We could send him on loan again, and I'm not sure why we haven't to be honest, unless he's only got a year left on his contract as he's been here a couple of years now, as we would send him on loan and then he'd go for free anyway. Perhaps this way we have been able to include some kind of buy back/sell on clause?

I'd say all 3 can play on the right, Sterling is right footed afterall and Suso was great there in the 2nd half of the season for the reserves. But we already have first team players as well who can play those positions in as well in Suarez, Bellamy, Downing, Cole, Borini etc.

If an opportunity does come up, which can be few and far between, for the right forward/wing spot for one of the younger lads, would we give it to Silva over Sterling because Sterling has only played on the left, or would we give it to Sterling because he is the better player? I'd go for Sterling, and then Suso.

And until such an opportunity comes up, do we play Silva in reserves, or do we play Ibe who is potentially the better player? These lads need games, and someone would be missing out either way.

We could send him on loan again, and I'm not sure why we haven't to be honest, unless he's only got a year left on his contract as he's been here a couple of years now, as we would send him on loan and then he'd go for free anyway. Perhaps this way we have been able to include some kind of buy back/sell on clause?

Suso is wasted on the right, and Sterling is an inside forward not a winger. I think we'll, thankfully, see less of players running in straight lines down the wing and punting hopeful balls into the box. I expect Bellamy to leave, and hope to fucking Fowler that Downing and Cole do.

Not sure what I'd have done with Silva. Probably nothing until we know more about who is going to leave. He's only 18 afterall. Just doesn't make sense to me, especially when utter shite like Eccleston is still at the club.

Suso is wasted on the right, and Sterling is an inside forward not a winger. I think we'll, thankfully, see less of players running in straight lines down the wing and punting hopeful balls into the box. I expect Bellamy to leave, and hope to fucking Fowler that Downing and Cole do.

Not sure what I'd have done with Silva. Probably nothing until we know more about who is going to leave. He's only 18 afterall. Just doesn't make sense to me, especially when utter shite like Eccleston is still at the club.

Need to remember that when a yougnster gets a chance, and we should remember it isn't acutally very often at a club like ours, that it is usually when an opportunity arises due to injury or something like that, and it can often see them perhaps playing out of position. Carra started out in central midfield didn't he, and Stevie's first appearance was at right back.

And I'm talking about them in that inside forward role as well.

Suso in the long term would perhaps be wasted on the right, but if the opportunity arrose for him to play there in the firsts and get some experience, it would be for him. I see him as similar type of player to David Silva, who himself started out playing wide for Valencia. It would be a big ask for him to come in with his experience to that attacking CM role as its such an important position.

Sterling is an inside forward, but that doesn't mean he can only play on the left, and in the 433 we are likely to play we would surely be fine on either side.

I think both Downing and Cole will stay, but if they were to leave, I think they would be replaced by players with first team experience anyway.

I do think that Silva is a good player with potential, I just think we have 3 more talented young players who can play his position, and I don't think we should be stock piling young lads, so something has to give really.

I don't think Downing will, simply because we will have lost £10m plus on him, and together with the loss for Caroll I think it will be too much. I would however replace Adam with downing and use him as cover for Allen (if we do sign him) in a 433, he would be next to useless as part of the front 3 but maybe as part of the 3 midfielders he can step in and do a job when Allen or Henderson need a rest.

I'd ship him out first opportunity next season though. But maybe not this season.

I'd also add, that maybe a player like Holtby who can play both wings would be a better option than Walcott who would primarily be a right winger. If we sell Caroll and Bellamy, I think Holtby and Walcott would be needed, plus another forward as cover.

Brazilian league very poor? :lol:

Lucas Leiva was an attacking midfielder there and Player of the Year at the age of 19 prior to joining us and taking several years to adapt to becoming a defensive minded player here.

That sums up the standard of the league and your knowledge of football perfectly for me

I don't think Downing will, simply because we will have lost £10m plus on him, and together with the loss for Caroll I think it will be too much. I would however replace Adam with downing and use him as cover for Allen (if we do sign him) in a 433, he would be next to useless as part of the front 3 but maybe as part of the 3 midfielders he can step in and do a job when Allen or Henderson need a rest.

I'd ship him out first opportunity next season though. But maybe not this season.

I agree that I don't think he will go. If its for reasons of money then thats ridiculous. We'll waste another £3m on wages on him this year, and then probably sell him for even less than he's worth now. I'd much rather he never played another minute for us. Just a terrible shithouse of a player.

I agree that I don't think he will go. If its for reasons of money then thats ridiculous. We'll waste another £3m on wages on him this year, and then probably sell him for even less than he's worth now. I'd much rather he never played another minute for us. Just a terrible shithouse of a player.

I agree. However I think that by using him as a midfielder he will be less of a liability, he won't be expected to take a man on, and provide an assist, he can just get involved. To me it is when he refuses to take a player on, or attack that he is a shit house, his general play is fine, but that last third he refuses to take responsbility.

It has been a complete waste of money, £20m and we will be lucky to get 25% of that fee back, I just think it is one loss to many. Adam will bring his fee back, and Spearing, Bellamy will fetch £5m.

I actually read some shite about Babel joining us for £2.5m earlier, can't remember where. Got to be a load of bull, Rodgers plays possession based football and Babel gives the ball away for fun.

It would be worth signing him just for the comedy value though. The whole Babelcopter and Howard Webb incidents were funny as fuck.

Don't want him back, but his Twitter antics since he left have endeared him to me a lot. He's a daft fucker, but I like him.

If there is such a thing as a "Rodgers Footballer," then I suspect Ryan Babel is the least obvious example of it I can think of.

I actually read some shite about Babel joining us for £2.5m earlier, can't remember where. Got to be a load of bull, Rodgers plays possession based football and Babel gives the ball away for fun.

It would be worth signing him just for the comedy value though. The whole Babelcopter and Howard Webb incidents were funny as fuck.

The New York taxi incident had me pissing myself as well.

Lucas Leiva was an attacking midfielder there and Player of the Year at the age of 19 prior to joining us and taking several years to adapt to becoming a defensive minded player here.

That sums up the standard of the league and your knowledge of football perfectly for me

Using one award given to one player in one season to judge an entire league? I doubt he'll take your criticism too seriously.