You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

FF News: Eager to join the Premier League at the end of the season, Eden Hazard has set his sights on Tottenham. Reportedly, the Belgian international has 21 years of age agreed with the London club, which meets their aspirations, since it probably will participate in the next Champions League.

As he wished to have game time and not be drowned in an overstaffing, the prodigy Lille chose the Spurs to Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea, all candidates for transfer to the spring. It remains now to the two clubs to agree on the amount of the transaction.

If the player has, since his last contract extension, a release clause at 40 million euros, the transfer will most likely be the subject of intense negotiations. Until everything is officially settled, other clubs may therefore try to reverse the trend. In the image of MU, who was with Tottenham the club most insistent in recent days

France Football

Following information initiated by France Football, Eden Hazard has reacted in the Tribune. The French newspaper announced that Eden Hazard has an agreement with Tottenham.

"Reportedly, the Belgian international has 21 years of age agreed with the London club, which meets their aspirations, since it probably will participate in the next Champions League. As he wished he had time game and not be drowned in a bloated workforce, the prodigy Lille chose the Spurs to Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea, all candidates for transfer to the spring. It remains now to the two clubs to agree on the amount of the transaction, "said France Football.

Eden Hazard on the board of the Tribune did not deny. "Maybe it will be Tottenham. This is a big English club. I said I will go to England and there are very good players."

RTBF

Be it Hazard or anyone else.

The danger scenario with Spurs is them improving and maintaining the squad they still have.

If they lose say Modric, Bale and 1 or 2 others plus Adebayor doesn't sign permanently. Well then that would be mighty good.

But it all depends on us really, we've got a group of players who are solid. Solid enough to beat Spurs on any given day despite maybe not being as good overall right now.

But if we don't balls up this Summer and ensure we sign proper fucking quality then the skys the limit. We'll be pushing for a CL place. But at the end of the day every summer, the deals you make have to be spot on, every single one. We seem to fail in that respect a lot of years.

Not for the want of trying. Champions League will help them a lot.

Of course it will and they will spend money but not as much as 40 million euros on one player imo. If they make a big sale then yes they can try but the likes of Madrid and City are after him-clubs that can blow Spurs out of the water.

I have watched a lot of Lille and Hazard in the last few years. It is the right time for him to move from Lille.

Personally, would take Lucas Moura over him- probably cost cheaper.

We need a key foreign signing that will help to attract the best in Europe/Americas. Great players attract great players. The problem with overly focusing on British is the language barrier and the fact that we're mainly going to only attract other British players which narrows your market and talent pool. Gerrard -a legend, but not getting any younger. Unfortunately Suarez stock is temporarily toxic and he needs to have a long spell without controversial incident or I fear he'll move on anyway. We need another Torresesque marquee signing to take focus off Suarez and to attract the best globally. We've bought some players that I think will turn out to be good signings in the future, but a star player with ambitions to win are less likely to be attracted to sign up to play with your downings, adam, carolls etc.

Hazard to Spurs is confusing. In terms of wages, Spurs can't compete with ...well... even us. If he joins Spurs it shouldn't be a long contract, because he'll be looking to 'stepping stone' from Spurs to somewhere else.

If they break their wage cap, then they'll have a lot of players demanding a better contract.

Hazard to Spurs is confusing. In terms of wages, Spurs can't compete with ...well... even us. If he joins Spurs it shouldn't be a long contract, because he'll be looking to 'stepping stone' from Spurs to somewhere else.

If they break their wage cap, then they'll have a lot of players demanding a better contract.

Yeah that was my reading of it as well!

I would assume that they will sell Modric, but as you say they are pretty strict on wages, plus Harry is a nap to leave.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pay big bonuses to get around the lower wages in fact I'm sure I read some where that Modric has large bonus payments due to his wage. They also pay up to about £70k a week anyway.

Could be Lille trying to start a bidding war and using a team in Spurs they're confident he won't end up at?

If true however, have we really fallen that far that we can't even compete with Spurs?

That £100m or so spent over the last 12 months has taken us backwards if that is the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pay big bonuses to get around the lower wages in fact I'm sure I read some where that Modric has large bonus payments due to his wage. They also pay up to about £70k a week anyway.

All of them have team performance related payments. So do many of the staff (if Spurs qualify for Champions League etc).