You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drinking

RJ Fan club

young man's game that.

I'm still fucked from last night, hangover was terrible today, it feels like someone had twatted my legs with a hammer. I blocked up the shitter this morning, coffee made me retch, lunch was a difficulty, so had the safe option for tea (steak and chips). Headache all day, totally knackered, generally been arsey to everyone all day. Terrible, just terrible.

I'm gonna have to go nuclear over Crimbo and book some time off to both go boozing and recovery.

Didn't really start feeling it till a few years ago, I'm mid 30's, so fucked if I know how some of the arlarses on here do it.

Anyone breached the tipping point and just resolved to quit or not get twatted anymore?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing to add, other than to say that I'd fucking kill for a drink right now. This assignment I'm working on for Uni is just cabbaging my head. Having to turn down an invitation from a mate to go down the pub in favour of the pile of shite I'm writing in Microsoft Word has seriously made me see my arse.

young man's game that.

I'm still fucked from last night, hangover was terrible today, it feels like someone had twatted my legs with a hammer. I blocked up the shitter this morning, coffee made me retch, lunch was a difficulty, so had the safe option for tea (steak and chips). Headache all day, totally knackered, generally been arsey to everyone all day. Terrible, just terrible.

I'm gonna have to go nuclear over Crimbo and book some time off to both go boozing and recovery.

Didn't really start feeling it till a few years ago, I'm mid 30's, so fucked if I know how some of the arlarses on here do it.

Anyone breached the tipping point and just resolved to quit or not get twatted anymore?

I am now 37 and if I've been out on the ale in a serious fashion, I can guarantee I will be neither use nor ornament the following day.

However, I have never, ever resolved to quit and not get twatted...

I do wonder how I survived university and my early twenties however. I used to think nothing of going out on a Friday night for beers, ending up at an all-nighter and rolling in at 7am, smoking myself silly on a comedown before doing the same/similar on Saturday night.

And then I used to go down the pub on Sunday afternoon to watch the footie...

I must have looked a right fucking state!!

I am now 37 and if I've been out on the ale in a serious fashion, I can guarantee I will be neither use nor ornament the following day.

However, I have never, ever resolved to quit and not get twatted...

I do wonder how I survived university and my early twenties however. I used to think nothing of going out on a Friday night for beers, ending up at an all-nighter and rolling in at 7am, smoking myself silly on a comedown before doing the same/similar on Saturday night.

And then I used to go down the pub on Sunday afternoon to watch the footie...

I must have looked a right fucking state!!

Yeah, I used to do that kind of stuff.

Weekends were often 3day benders. Uni, what little work I did, was essentially a 4 year piss up. I now can't comprehend a 'full' weekend.

I had a talent for boozing in my youth, but somewhere along the line my youth packed up and fucked off.

I'm a proper shit house, i go out with the best of intentions of getting totally rat arsed, half way through the night i'll remember that hangovers are a massive bitch and leave me feeling like crap for days so i just stop drinking. It's my birthday on monday and i've no intention of getting bladderd this weekend or over christmas.

I've been alright lately. I'm nearly 32 and had never had a hangover in my life until about three-four years ago. Now I get the most shocking headaches in the morning. I went through a phase where I'd spew in the mornings too but that seems to have calmed down now. In my early 20s though I was like some kind of X Man, I could have drunk Oliver Reed under the table and then gone to work the next day no bother.

Guest ShoePiss
young man's game that.

No but there's no way I'll do two nights on the run anymore, it's just not worth it. The next day is a complete write off after getting hammered these days. I don't want to do anything or interact with anyone.

I can't believe I used to do two week annual holidays drinking for 14 days straight with a load of other lads doing the same thing, it just doesn't seem humanly possible!

I've found I'm getting better at drinking in my 40s. Spirits used to make me puke without fail all my life but I discovered a grá for whiskey very recently that opens up a whole world of possibilities. Exciting times.

A pint of water before you go unconscious will prevent up to 90% of your hangover too. If you can remember to drink it of course.

I've found I'm getting better at drinking in my 40s. Spirits used to make me puke without fail all my life but I discovered a grá for whiskey very recently that opens up a whole world of possibilities. Exciting times.

A pint of water before you go unconscious will prevent up to 90% of your hangover too. If you can remember to drink it of course.

Was going to say water too, but i live on edge and chuck a couple of paracetamol down with it just in case. Girls and Boys i wouldn't recommend it though, you could end up in A&E with people thinking you should be on suicide watch.

Got my works Christmas party tomorrow and last year it was a 16 hr bender, but with my worsening hangovers (34 yrs old) i don't think i'll be attempting a repeat.

Last week I went out got hammered on the Friday, woke up early on Saturday morning and started drinking straight away until I fell asleep for an hour or two after the Liverpool game, I then woke up and went to straight to Asda to get a load of cans for EL Classico & for Khan fight and ended up drinking till about 6am Sunday , so it was one big binge in total, and I intend on never doing that again as I felt like shit on Monday in work but said that before though!

Never drink in the week cause of work and can go weekends without it, especially when doing exercise and things like that, but I can also quite easily crack open a can as soon as I wake up if pissed from the night before.

I'm still much younger than you arl cunts, but if I have something to eat , then two paracetamol and a pint of water before I go to sleep, then when I wake up have a pint of water followed by a nice brew and bacon and egg on toast, I'm usually alright the next day.

I dont get headaches or feel sick, next day I just feel tired, sweaty and pissed off. Sleep is rubbish because I'm comatose for about 3 hrs then I wake up in the middle of the night feeling shite, watching the clock tick round till its time to get up. But I just love beer, and malt whisky, and tequila, and jack daniels, and vodka, so I cant see myself giving up anytime soon. which is probably a bit stupid. I dont drink to get blathered, I drink because I like it. Catholics must have invented alcohol, making you pay for your fun. Bastards. ( ps I was baptised a Catholic before anyone calls me racist...)

Finished Uni this week after 4 and a half years. Had some absolutely brutal sessions over the past few years. My body has suffered for it big time, put on weight and all that. I'm happy that I'll now be able to detox a bit, hopefully lose a few pounds and get myself straight, but I wont half miss the bevvying. It will probably just mean I smash the weekends even harder. My hangovers have always been horrific and I'm only 23, no hope for me in ten years.

I'm going out tonight, then tomorrow afternoon I'm putting the outside lights up or Chrimbo. That'll be fun.

The last time I was out I spent the next day in bed, coming out only to throw up in the sink. This is after already spewing next to the bed in my sleep and spending the first part of the night asleep on the bathroom floor. I also rocked myself back and forth while wretching making a piece of toast.

I'm still much younger than you arl cunts, but if I have something to eat , then two paracetamol and a pint of water before I go to sleep, then when I wake up have a pint of water followed by a nice brew and bacon and egg on toast, I'm usually alright the next day.

I always sink some water and sip some in the night - not sure how much it works for me though, but I'd never take pain killers before I go to sleep with a gut full of booze. Know it's probably safe but it steel feels a bit potentially Heath Ledger.

Stick to what you know.

Vodka Mixers, Vodka Straight or Sambuca pretty much fuck me up

Why is Sambuca popular? Its fucking repulsive.

Also, why is it socially acceptable? If I ordered a glass of wine (perfectly fucking normal in pretty much every other country in Europe) somebody would throw me out the fucking window in my local. Yet getting the "bucas" in is fine. Sambuca. Samfuckingbuca.

Fuck off.

I haven't had a drink for nearly a year (January). I used to drink heavily at the weekend, basically left the house at 11am on the Saturday, crawled in at 11pm and do the same on Sunday. It wasn't fair on my missus and kids and while I always turned up on a Monday, my work was suffering. I was getting three day hangovers.

I still miss it, especially at parties and when I rarely go out with my mates. Christmas is going to be tough, have the family down and they're all drinkers. Perils of growing up in a pub I suppose.

I don't think it's all age related. I mean, obviously it is a bit, but the more frequently you go out and get fucked up, the more used to it you are (physically and mentally). Naturally the older you get, the less you tend to drink (both in volume and frequency).

I went from frequent all weekenders to drinking once a month after my daughter was born, and my hangovers have increased exponentially. It's got to the point where I'm dreading the hangover before I've finished my first pint.

I don't mind though. Everything in moderation, and the bad hangovers keep me to drinking once a month, so I kind of like it like that. Apart from when I'm suffering from one. Then I'm as useful as a nuns Tits.