You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

It was injury time, Chelsea were already "in front" and Barca were desperately chasing the game, leaving themselves open to a hoofed clearance into space.

If this was Torres' big moment of vindication at Chelsea, so be it. (The real genius and "winning goal" came from Ramires.)

On form, the odds are still in favour of Torres doing fuck-all at Wembley and Munich.

He was dreadful. Congrats on being a striker who could actually score a goal with 50 yards of space and no one near him though.

Would you back Carroll to do the same? I wouldn't. In fact I would probably only back around four players from our whole squad to do it. Maxi, Bellamy, Gerrard and Suarez. Most of them wouldn't even hit the target.

He scored, and the reason he left us, which was to play in a European Cup Final, has happened in his first full season. Fuck all we can do about it, although, much like his World Cup winners medal, I very much doubt he'll start the final and so will have very little to do with the outcome. However, this will hopefully put an end, once and for all, to the nonsense that Torres regrets leaving us.

He scored, and the reason he left us, which was to play in a European Cup Final, has happened in his first full season. Fuck all we can do about it, although, much like his World Cup winners medal, I very much doubt he'll start the final and so will have very little to do with the outcome. However, this will hopefully put an end, once and for all, to the nonsense that Torres regrets leaving us.

I've highlighted the key phrase there as I don't think he will get on the pitch. I also think that Madrid ( who I expect to get through) will tear them a new one in the final as they are a more balanced side than Barca right now.

I've highlighted the key phrase there as I don't think he will get on the pitch. I also think that Madrid ( who I expect to get through) will tear them a new one in the final as they are a more balanced side than Barca right now.

As I said 2 lines later, I don't think he'll start either, however, I do expect him to get on the pitch as I expect Chelsea to be chasing the game if it's Real the are playing.

Would you back Carroll to do the same? I wouldn't. In fact I would probably only back around four players from our whole squad to do it. Maxi, Bellamy, Gerrard and Suarez. Most of them wouldn't even hit the target.

I like supporting Liverpool players.

Sounds glib, i know, but your post made me wince.

If Chelsea lose both cup finals & finish outside the top 4 ( all very real possibilities) would it still be the correct choice?

It's very much do or die for the current crop of Chelsea players, Lampard, Cole, Terry and Drogba. After that the rebuilding begins.

Wouldn't put it past them to achieve all 3, bricking it for the cup final now though.

If Chelsea lose both cup finals & finish outside the top 4 ( all very real possibilities) would it still be the correct choice?

Worst case scenario with Chelsea is no worse than Liverpool. Torres won't give a monkey's about the FA Cup or the League Cup. He wants the CL and he's playing in a final in a few weeks. Chelsea looking also-rans in the league will sting him badly though.

Worst case scenario with Chelsea is no worse than Liverpool

Yes, I'm sure Torres is thinking that right now, having just scored the winning goal in a European Cup semi-final at the Nou Camp.

"Oh, woe is me. I wish I'd stayed at Liverpool. I wish I could have been part of that glorious Carling Cup victory over Cardiff and Liverpool's worst league performance for 20 years!

Oh well, never mind. I'll have to make do with playing Bayern or Real Madrid in the European Cup final."

I like supporting Liverpool players.

Sounds glib, i know, but your post made me wince.

I support Liverpool players too but I am not confident in their ability and wouldn't back them to do it, just hope they do. I certainly wouldn't be slagging off other players when ours are doing no better, past player or not.

This thread (and every other that slates other teams and other players) makes me wince. We have our own problems so why do people feel we need to slag off others when I see our problems as being worse.

The Arsenal thread is another that comes to mind when people were slating that Arsenal fan on here about how shit his team were and we were so much better. Others were writing off Newcastle too. We should really wait till the end of the season to start threads about others and just focus on our own team until.

Yes, I'm sure Torres is thinking that right now, having just scored the winning goal in a European Cup semi-final at the Nou Camp.

"Oh, woe is me. I wish I'd stayed at Liverpool. I wish I could have been part of that glorious Carling Cup victory over Cardiff and Liverpool's worst league performance for 20 years!

Oh well, never mind. I'll have to make do with playing Bayern or Real Madrid in the European Cup final."

major tom was fishing, he HAS to be.

Worst case scenario with Chelsea is no worse than Liverpool. Torres won't give a monkey's about the FA Cup or the League Cup. He wants the CL and he's playing in a final in a few weeks. Chelsea looking also-rans in the league will sting him badly though.

He wont definitely be playing. He'll be on the bench and will only make an appearancein the last 5 minutes if the game is won or lost and he's the last throw of the dice.

Could have sworn his goal was an equaliser in the game that already had chavski going through on away goals.