You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Given far too many chances to prove himself. Hasn't got a shot he can call his own. Scored his Test runs versus underwhelming bowling attacks. Doesn't bowl with his head, just slings it down. Very lucky to be in the ODI team. Marginally better than Samit Patel, but that's not saying much. Generally shite.

Welcome.

You'll fit in well round here.

Its going to make absolutely no change to the outcome of this game but our tactics are hilariously negative. They're fucking 8 down. Just get your best bowlers on and bowl them out. Why we're bring on our part time bowlers, to "get through overs", and having no-one around the bat to a number 10 is beyond me.

Its going to make absolutely no change to the outcome of this game but our tactics are hilariously negative. They're fucking 8 down. Just get your best bowlers on and bowl them out. Why we're bring on our part time bowlers, to "get through overs", and having no-one around the bat to a number 10 is beyond me.

That's one-day cricket.

You don't think SA can win if they get 185?

That's one-day cricket.

You don't think SA can win if they get 185?

Word. We've got little choice but to bowl the part timers.

SA bowling attack is nowhere near as good as ours. Required run rate of below 4 is ludicrously low batting in the Oval sun. A couple of uninspiring yet solid innings from Cook, Bell and Trott should be enough.

Cue Tsotsobe ripping through us...

Yeah, fuck making the semi-finals of a major tournament that we are favourites to win. Fuck making the final and going on to play a team that has yet to win any major ODI trophy.

Fuck fuck fuck! :no

Oh I quite enjoy us doing well and getting to the latter stages of this. I just wish some other team had finished 2nd in that group. We have played each other so many times in recent years, that that fixture induces negative excitement in me. I think we play them again after this too.

But no, since we have made a semi final, my pubes are supposed to bristle with excitement at the joy that comes with watching us take on Sri Lanka.

Yeah, fuck making the semi-finals of a major tournament that we are favourites to win. Fuck making the final and going on to play a team that has yet to win any major ODI trophy.

Fuck fuck fuck! :no

Haven't Sri Lanka won the World Cup? I think it was in 1996. I thought England were the only one of the main 8 nations never to have won a ODI competition as they made a fuse about our first ICC win when we won the twenty20 thing a few years ago.

On another note at 80 for 8 I was hoping this might of been finished before I went to work.

I'd play both Swann and Tredwell. Spin is harder to score off than pace in ODI cricket and along with Anderson they are our best ODI bowlers.

Would drop Finn have Broad and Anderson as the two main pace options.

Then I'd have a choice between Bopara and Bresnan for the fifth bowling / all rounder spot. Would go for Bresnan as he should get reverse swing at Edgbaston.

Was at the in laws today so was having to make do with TMS and the iPad when she fell asleep.

Listening to TMS this afternoon and they picked up on some banter between Petersen and the crowd.

Crowd: Few expletives, you want a roll?

Petersen: No thanks, I've seen your waistline.