You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Korean leg of the asian tour is off for some reason:

Asia Tour announcement - Liverpool FC

Due to a number of mitigating issues, Liverpool FC regret to announce that we have decided not to visit Korea this summer.

We are currently investigating a number of alternative options.

translated to it doesn't earn us enough money, sponsor fell through etc ... or we're signing a player from another asian nation we'll visit instead.

New American owners. I wonder where we could be going.......

It may be greedy of me, but that would be great. I actually have some disposable income this summer, so could actually travel to wherever the match would be held. I don't see it happening though.

Guest San Don
translated to it doesn't earn us enough money, sponsor fell through etc ... or we're signing a player from another asian nation we'll visit instead.

It could be an insurance thing. The situation between South and North Korea is still tense and perhaps the club just couldnt get insurance due to the volatile nature of the area?

I would say 'come to Canada' but last time they were here in 04 it was shite. Terrible game in Toronto and even worse clueless 'fans'. It was way better V Celtic in Hartford that summer ebcause all the real, ex-pat, fans went. I'd love us to play in a big U.S city but not against an MLS team. has to be Celtic or an Italian team...

Could they maybe not try and market us in South America, using Suarez, Lucas and Maxi to do it?

South America already has it's own boss football culture that's been going for years though. It's not like Asia/US where the scene is only fairly recent and the quality is a bit poo, so people follow other leagues as well.

We could Cain and i'm sure we will.

They estimate that by the middle of this century there will be so many spanish speaking american citizens who love football historically that that'll be the market to target, until then its S E asia whos markets are doing well better than ours and everyone elses and they fucking love English football.

The whole team up with standard chartered stems from that

Guest The Chimp

They're playing in Malaysia and China. Elsewhere in Asia? Singapore, Thailand or Hong Kong would seem the obvious choices normally. I'm actually thinking another venue in China - possibly Shanghai which Liverpool has strong links with.

Guest The Chimp
heheheh...can't wait for 16th July.....COME ON REDDDDDDDSSS!!!! Finally, after 10 years to watch Liverpool again ..LIVE...on the field in Kuala Lumpur!!! Me and my three brothers will be there cheering!!!!

Salam merah. Anda dari Kuala Lumpur? Adakah anda menonton bola sepak di Tropika Corner?