You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In an alternate universe, could have been a great player for Liverpool

ReDeus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fella was actually signing for us, but failed the medical because of high blood pressure. We sent him to Spain to relax, so he could retake it on his return. He shagged a bird on the plane on the way over and spent the whole week on the piss. When he came back his blood pressure was higher. He never joined us.

[YOUTUBE]W0z_arXZ8nM[/YOUTUBE]

Gary McAllister

he's a legend anyway BUT should have graced our midfield for a lot longer. Should've been signed about eight years earlier than he was

I remember watching him and MacDonald in midfield against us in 1984. He must have been a kid. Me Dad said we should buy that McAllister. We bought wooden legs instead.

Milan Baros. He had the ability but lacked the consistency and more specifically, lacked game intelligence. He showed flashes of inspiration for Liverpool, but his best form was during Euro 2004 for his country where he was fantastic.

He could put it together on ocassions and he looked damn special when he did. In my view, he doesn't get enough credit for his performance in Istanbul. He was magnificent on the night. He dragged Stam and a prime Nesta - what a defender he was - into the trenches and didn't stop running them all night. His hold-up play, most notably for the penalty, was highly impressive. Infact, he was exactly what we needed in Athens; direct, persistent, fast and technically sound.

The ref was giving absolutely everything against him, too, but he just kept going.

In an alternative universe then Kenny wouldn't have resigned, so we could have have Alan Shearer banging the goals in for us for most of his career. He would have been a true Liverpool great.

It's also possible that Kenny at Liverpool, rather than Blackburn, would have persuaded Roy Keane to be another of our greats.

Strange thoughts.....

Marcus Babbel. Was immense in the treble season until injury cut his LFC career short. Terrible shame.

Was just about to post this, 1 of the best defenders I've ever seen for a period then he got that weird disease, how about that goalie was supposed to be the next Schmeichal? Stensgaard was it? Did something o his shoulder never played again.

In an alternative universe then Kenny wouldn't have resigned, so we could have have Alan Shearer banging the goals in for us for most of his career. He would have been a true Liverpool great.

It's also possible that Kenny at Liverpool, rather than Blackburn, would have persuaded Roy Keane to be another of our greats.

Strange thoughts.....

This is more like it!

Although I'm certain Shearer would have gone to play for Newcastle at some point, regardless.

Joe Cole...

Milan Jovanovic...

Paul Fucking Konchesky...

Christian Poulsen...

At the time of signing, some lads here were creaming themselves, "Konchesky > Insua", "steady the boat", "add much needed stability to the defence", "looks like a nutter", etc.

With the exception of the Konch i actually bought into it.

Wasn't Cristiano Ronaldo hours away from joining us before he signed by manure?

pretty sure i read that in Phil Thompsons book

Tommo said he wasn't worth what they were asking and was then stunned by the Mancs paying £11m. Then again, he didn't look worth it in his first season at Old Trafford.