You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Dalglish fear factor.

Kopite

...I think Section posted about the fear that this causes in the Mancs. They know this man is the real deal, this man knows how to win the league and in style too. He had the better of Ferguson in his time as Liverpool manager and won the league with Blackburn. From promotion to champions within 5 seasons wasn't it?

He might have not been a manager for over 10 seasons, so what? I'll wager he knows as much about football as anyone in the game.

So what am I saying?

GIVE KENNY THE JOB!

The job is Kenny's. I think we would have large scale rebellion is he didnt get it.

I enjoy being a Liverpool Fan again.

I think you have hit the nail and the head there. It's so enjoyable to be a Liverpool fan again and something I have not felt in years were it's fun and am relaxed with every level of the club. Even when we were second under rafa in the back of my mind we still had the other 2 at the helm. Kenny has to take a lot of credit for the feeling he has created a lot around us the players and the club.

I can't see a time where Kenny won't get the job.

Why has he not been given the deal yet?

Might as well give it to him now, it's only a matter of time.

FSG are business they will wait until the end of the season, although you can almost guarantee hes getting a minimum of two years.

Edited by redsoxs

Guest ShoePiss
We still need major investment in summer from FSG, but I don't see how they, or anyone else, can fail to be delighted with Kenny's contribution thus far.

He has put a smile back on faces, and instilled a bit more belief and organisation in the playing staff.

I agree, They really can't, it's a pleasure again. Looking at the fixture list instills excitement rather than dread or worse, indifference.

what would you consider being major investment?

From what they have said, it would be a massive shock if Kenny didn't get it. I'm not even thinking that he isn't going to get it. To be honest, if that did happen, I am not sure what i would do. I can't think of a single manager I'd rather have. It hasn't all been perfect on the pitch, but there has been a massive improvement, more than anyone could have hoped for. For me though, it is the same as has been mentioned before, having the love back. I look forward to match days. Everything is right, the way we are approaching matches, the pre match interviews, the post match interviews, the players that came in.

Guest ShoePiss
£20-30m plus sales. On transfer fees. Minimum.

Well yeah I see that as the minimum we should expect too, you also see that as being significant?

Guest ShoePiss
From what they have said, it would be a massive shock if Kenny didn't get it. I'm not even thinking that he isn't going to get it. To be honest, if that did happen, I am not sure what i would do. I can't think of a single manager I'd rather have. It hasn't all been perfect on the pitch, but there has been a massive improvement, more than anyone could have hoped for. For me though, it is the same as has been mentioned before, having the love back. I look forward to match days. Everything is right, the way we are approaching matches, the pre match interviews, the post match interviews, the players that came in.

Fsg don't even have a choice now, it's unthinkable that anyone but Kenny gets the full time job and I'm made up that's the situation.

I was a big Rafa Benetiz supporter and still am despite his last 12 months however when you look at Kenny and the way he conducts himself and the way he sets up his team you realise what we have been missing all these years - time has masked the brain from some of the basics from our glorious days in respect of how we used to play, make the game look so simple, how we used to compete and beat teams regardless of if they wanted to fight us or if they wanted to play us, but now you get the feeling we are going back to that well known path - The Liverpool Way. You realise that Kenny's standing in the British game finally gives Liverpool a manager who has equal standing to 'Fergie' in influencing others around them in the English game, something which only Mourinho has even come close to replicating since United began to monpolise the league and then you understand why this is so important - finally we have a leader who can stand up and fight with 'Fergie' one whose depleted team made a final stand yesterday to fight off the Manc Army hopefully it will be enough to start again next season on an even footing in which time we must re-assemble our troops and show the same desire and hunger as our leader in the battle to re-claim the prize we regard as our birthright.

Even standing back from the emotional attachment, our results since he took over give us a higher league standing (comparable to performance of other clubs over the same time period) than we've had for 18 months.

That alone should make it very difficult for any other candidate to make a better claim on the job.

Guest ShoePiss
I still think it'll go to Deschamps. Kenny deserves more time but I think FSG will want a young manager.

What makes you say they'll want a young manager?

What makes you say they'll want a young manager?

Because that has been the stock response to any question directed at FSG.

"What kind of manager will they want?"

A young one.

"What type of players will they buy?"

Young ones.

"What's their favourite British TV programme from the 1980s"

The Young Ones.

Guest ShoePiss

A young one.

Young ones.

The Young Ones.

I used to love the Young Ones, I think it would be a bit shit to watch it now though.

I'm guessing it's because of the Redsox GM. Theo Epstein is young for a GM of an MLB organisation but the Red Sox manager isn't young at all, he's 51 years old and about 45 when they first gave him the job.

Young and hungry.

A young one.

Young ones.

The Young Ones.

A winning one.

Winning ones.

the young manager angle is probably with a view for looking at the long term but judging by the age most top level managers carry on till Kenny has at least another ten years in him providing he is getting results and is just about the only manager in the world we can safely see would never leave us for another club