You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy hodgson new West brom manager

LFC 6 Times

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albion appoint Hodgson

Posted on: Fri 11 Feb 2011

WEST Bromwich Albion are delighted to announce they have appointed Roy Hodgson as the Club's new Head Coach.

The 63-year-old former Inter Milan, Switzerland, Fulham and Liverpool boss has this morning committed himself to the Club until June 2012.

Hodgson was voted Manager of the Year by the League Managers' Association last season after guiding Fulham to the Europa League final.

Michael Appleton, who was appointed Caretaker Head Coach on Sunday after Roberto Di Matteo was relieved of his duties, will remain in charge for the West Ham game (ko 3pm).

The Club are now channelling all of their efforts into supporting Appleton, his assistants Keith Downing and Dean Kiely and the players as they prepare for tomorrow's vital game.

WBA Official site

Guest davelfc

I've got hard feelings, (ooeeer matron) the fucking knob end. Insulted us, Kenny, Rafa, made us a laughing stock, lost us loads of points. Dragged the confidence of the players down, signed shite and gave away some good youth players.

Hell I hope the prick rots in hell, he did so much damage in six months and walked away with millions (although I'm not sure how that compo works out now he has a job) His sheer arrogance made him take a job he was never suited to to even remotely capable of.

His stupidity still eats away at this club and will do for a while. I don't buy the 'nice man' label either, I never sa

Good luck to him to be honest (EWTPU), now he's gone I don't really bear any seething animosity. Just relief.

But while it's about his level, I'm not sure if it's going to be a guaranteed success though, given West Brom's reputation for "pretty football". Yes agricultural football can be effective in a relegation battle, but will it suit their players, which with their DoF system I assume have been bought with a certain style in mind under both Mowbray and di Matteo? (Plus it's not like he can buy his own players between now and the end of the season anyway).

They'd have been better going with Hughton (at least he's got promotion form if they did go down) or taking a punt on their caretaker (it worked for Blackburn and he seems to have the players on-side).

I've got hard feelings, (ooeeer matron) the fucking knob end. Insulted us, Kenny, Rafa, made us a laughing stock, lost us loads of points. Dragged the confidence of the players down, signed shite and gave away some good youth players.

Hell I hope the prick rots in hell, he did so much damage in six months and walked away with millions (although I'm not sure how that compo works out now he has a job) His sheer arrogance made him take a job he was never suited to to even remotely capable of.

His stupidity still eats away at this club and will do for a while. I don't buy the 'nice man' label either, I never sa

I think the site 'naughty filter' just kicked in. Dave bought it second hand from RAWK. RAWK got rid because it could only filter out 5,000 phrases. Not man enough for the job.

Doubt he has the players to play his "style" of dinosaur football when you consider that DiMatteo and Mowbray tried to play the game on the deck. I can imagine similar comments regarding his new team as to when he was here and that he will get them relegated. I do not wish him luck after the absolute shit he served up to us and how his obvious dislike of us. No mark shit dinosaur is what he will always be.