You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
We shouldn't sign english players, except scousers anymore. The foreign lads, like Pepe and Fernando, want to learn about the history, traditions and customs of the club. The southerners don't care.

Brilliant that mate.

We shouldn't sign english players, except scousers anymore. The foreign lads, like Pepe and Fernando, want to learn about the history, traditions and customs of the club. The southerners don't care.

Yeah i'm with ya fella, lets go out and get Joey Barton he'd never fuck up or darken our clubs name .............oh

Guest TesticleOReilly
It's not the same thing at all.

Johnson quite clearly knows whats on the front page of his site and has still pushed it on his twatter account.

No, it's not. Johnson might not have even seen his sight, but had a call from the company to say the site's up and running. He might have looked and not read the front page (I didn't), he might have been cracking one off over his own photo. Hang the fucker without any explanation.

No, it's not. Johnson might not have even seen his sight, but had a call from the company to say the site's up and running. He might have looked and not read the front page (I didn't), he might have been cracking one off over his own photo. Hang the fucker without any explanation.

Wow, that's some conclusion you've jumped to.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that he never looked at his site prior to posting it on twitter? Or he merely scanned it without reading it? Utter fucking bollocks.

I'm sure if it was my site, I'd pay more than a passing attention to it before asking others to look at it.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Only through Google's automated ads, and even after Dave made it clear to them not to put them on here.

This has been purposely put onto the website, and Glen after reading his Twitter should really be onto someone right now asking them to edit it.

So what you're saying, LP, is that even after all that was made clear, the adverts for The Sun still appeared on this very website, and that cock ups do happen. Glad we agree, and that no-one lynched Usher for that cock-up.

I'm sure if it was my site

It isn't your site, Rob, it's Glen Johnson's, and I think we've all established he's no Nobel prize winner. If you're ever up before a judge let's hope the jury are 12 people like me, and not 12 people like you.

The ads were managed by Google and not Dave. That's the point.

The Sun reference is directly on his site and not on an external part managed by a third party.

Also, when you're on jury service you're asked to make judgements on the facts in front of you. The fact that this is on his site, which he is pushing elsewhere in my eyes means he's aware of what is on it and it's not unreasonable to come to that conclusion. Plus ignorance isn't a defence in English law. [smart arse smiley thing]

Whether he's aware of the depth of feelings against The Sun is a different thing, but he fucking should do considering how long he's been at the club.

He needs to come out and apologise for it.

Testicle, this is completely different to the Google adverts that have appeared on here before. They are completely random and have nothing to do with what Dave wants advertised on here.

Whereas the words "The Sun" is written on Johnson's homepage of his website. It isn't an advert. It is something that CAN be controlled.

End of.

Guest TesticleOReilly
He needs to come out and apologise for it.

Testicle, this is completely different to the Google adverts that have appeared on here before. They are completely random and have nothing to do with what Dave wants advertised on here.

Whereas the words "The Sun" is written on Johnson's homepage of his website. It isn't an advert. It is something that CAN be controlled.

End of.

If they're completely random, and Dave has no control over it, why do they not appear now, and why were they instructed not to have The Sun adverts on this site? They can be controlled, and it was an oversight/fuck up on their behalf that it happened, not Dave's. In much the same way that GJ may or may not know anything about the rag being on his front page.

So no, not 'end of'. I'd like to actually have a full confession before blowing the fucker's brains out.

fuckingspastic.png

spot the fucking mistake.

He's really not a Liverpool player, at all, is he?

First "England and Liverpool player" on his Twitter, now this.

So what is it your saying? he's purposly done this as a way of disrespedting the 96? give it a rest with the snide accusations eh until you get a explanation from himself, if indeed he is at fault here which IF he's aware of our stance against the sun he'd hardly be advertising for liverpool fans to check out his new site endorsing that rag would he? surest way of getting no hits whatsoever. Im sure Kenny when informed of this will sit the lad down and show him the error of his or his pr peoples ways and find the best solution for all involved.

Stop the shit-stirring and find out the truth Ngog , theres enough division without you insinuating things that people here will take to heart, the wounds are still raw for many of us, just be careful what u imply.

Wow, that's some conclusion you've jumped to.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that he never looked at his site prior to posting it on twitter? Or he merely scanned it without reading it? Utter fucking bollocks.

I'm sure if it was my site, I'd pay more than a passing attention to it before asking others to look at it.

I've got a internet marketing business; websites, banners etc. I'm pretty sure the design company would have just been sent a bunch of images and copy from his publicist, and they would have been asked to design and build it.

My experience is some people scan over every word on their site and are super pedantic. Others purely look at the pictures and say, that looks great.

My guess is he's the latter. It's his publicist that should cop it as they're the one that has supplied copy to the web devs.

They're the ones that should probably be asked to sort it out. As I doubt Glen even knows who built the thing.

Let them know here: press@glenjohnson.net

Edited by redinoz
double up of email link

I've got a internet marketing business; websites, banners etc. I'm pretty sure the design company would have just been sent a bunch of images and copy from his publicist, and they would have been asked to design and build it.

My experience is some people scan over every word on their site and are super pedantic. Others purely look at the pictures and say, that looks great.

My guess is he's the latter. It's his publicist that should cop it as they're the one that has supplied copy to the web devs.

They're the ones that should probably be asked to sort it out. As I doubt Glen even knows who built the thing.

Let them know here: press@glenjohnson.net

Aren't an awful lot of words on that site, though. One scan through and I saw "The Sun". Only way Glen can be excused is if he has never seen the page before.

It's a possibility that the Twitter account is not only used by Glen.

I've run a few player sites and I've even helped out on official sites for players where the facebook - twitter etc status updates were sometimes posted by PR people, sometimes by family members, sometimes by the player.

For example I helped out on something to do with Fernando a while back and ended up - long story - helping other players on the spanish national team - in particular Fabregas who's facebook is mostly updated by his uncle Jordi - a nice catalan bloke who struggled a bit with english - Cesc only looked at it and posted anything very ocassionally.

So long story short Glen may know fuck all about this.