You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vote for my daughter... SFW

madstock

When poor Laura turns into a crack whore, and poor broken-hearted little Adam decides to end it all, overdosing on pain killers and gin, I hope all you dodgy collusive cunts are proud of yourselves.

Diff'rent Strokes II

Laura's only going to have herself to blame. She could have been destined for the upper echelons of British industry or maybe a career in medical research but with grammar like that, crack whore would be punching above her weight.

Don't even get me started on the boy Adam. Judging by his tale of a bunch of people who mong out listening to Ravi Shankar for two hours whilst the bus they're on takes off and travels to the moon, where he sees ducks and a willow tree and his mother serves sandwiches, I'd say that he's already overly familiar with strong liquor and considers abusing prescription drugs to be a mildly diverting hobby.

The story also gives a worrying glimpse into the home life of this troubled young man.

For a start, it's clear that there's no meaningful relationship with his mother. Her only purpose in the story is to deliver a picnic, there's no suggestion of warmth or any kind of emotional connection between them, she's merely a two-dimensional plot device. She is shown only in the role of subservient provider with no attempt being made to illustrate her character or personality, an omission which merely serves to highlight the author's misogyny.

As for the following paragraph, all I can say is that it's chilling stuff.

So when mom put me and Sammy to bed that night, she said don’t tell anyone what happened today, because no one would believe us everyone would think we’ve gone mad its best if we keep it to ourselves.

The father appears to be a peripheral figure in Adam's life, appearing only briefly at the end of the story. Adam seems to resent his father, perhaps because of his refusal to indulge Adam's pharmaceutically-enhanced ravings, yet he also seems to crave his father's affection and approval without fully understanding how to gain them. The inner turmoil caused by these conflicting emotions may well be the trigger for his episodic lapses into abusive behaviour.

I have some sympathy for the lad but unless his asleep at the wheel parents can find some semblance of responsibility, keep him away from the ouzo and Temazepam and start to provide a nurturing and supportive environment in which he can develop into a well-rounded individual, I think he's destined for a life of brutal misery.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laura's only going to have herself to blame. She could have been destined for the upper echelons of British industry or maybe a career in medical research but with grammar like that, crack whore would be punching above her weight.

Don't even get me started on the boy Adam. Judging by his tale of a bunch of people who mong out listening to Ravi Shankar for two hours whilst the bus they're on takes off and travels to the moon, where he sees ducks and a willow tree and his mother serves sandwiches, I'd say that he's already overly familiar with strong liquor and considers abusing prescription drugs to be a mildly diverting hobby.

The story also gives a worrying glimpse into the home life of this troubled young man.

For a start, it's clear that there's no meaningful relationship with his mother. Her only purpose in the story is to deliver a picnic, there's no suggestion of warmth or any kind of emotional connection between them, she's merely a two-dimensional plot device. She is shown only in the role of subservient provider with no attempt being made to illustrate her character or personality, an omission which merely serves to highlight the author's misogyny.

As for the following paragraph, all I can say is that it's chilling stuff.

The father appears to be a peripheral figure in Adam's life, appearing only briefly at the end of the story. Adam seems to resent his father, perhaps because of his refusal to indulge Adam's pharmaceutically-enhanced ravings, yet he also seems to crave his father's affection and approval without fully understanding how to gain them. The inner turmoil caused by these conflicting emotions may well be the trigger for his episodic lapses into abusive behaviour.

I have some sympathy for the lad but unless his asleep at the wheel parents can find some semblance of responsibility, keep him away from the ouzo and Temazepam and start to provide a nurturing and supportive environment in which he can develop into a well-rounded individual, I think he's destined for a life of brutal misery.

Pfft, you just got most of that from the fact they're midlanders.

Guest davelfc
I'm bumping this because that bitch Louise Aust appears to be trying to cheat her way back into the competition. And, quite frankly, if anyone is going to cheat around here it's us. Anyone who hasn't voted for Shakira - get voting!

That's disgusting, I can't abide people that cheat.

I've just voted on my iPhone and other computer.

Somebody try clearing their cookies to see if that's where the 'voted' data is stored, rather than by IP.

Removed cookies from Fire fox and voted again. :lol: :lol:

We can keep on doing this any number of times.

If anyone is on fire fox, remove the cookies and the poll will appear again. Vote as many times as you can.

Just voted a few more times. That cheating cow Laura Wilkinson appears to have tried to cheat her way to victory as well. Bloody kids, thinking they can get their mates to vote for them without putting any thought into it, just to win a short story competition. Disgusting the way this country is going.

Anyway, latest standings:

Adam Taylor - 3.65%

Shakira Mason - 61.46%

Laura Wilkinson - 18.26%

Louise Aust - 16.63%

It works out that from 490ish votes, Shakira has just over 300, Laura and Louise have 90-80ish each, and poor young Adam has 17.

Just voted a few more times. That cheating cow Laura Wilkinson appears to have tried to cheat her way to victory as well. Bloody kids, thinking they can get their mates to vote for them without putting any thought into it, just to win a short story competition. Disgusting the way this country is going.

Anyway, latest standings:

Adam Taylor - 3.65%

Shakira Mason - 61.46%

Laura Wilkinson - 18.26%

Louise Aust - 16.63%

It works out that from 490ish votes, Shakira has just over 300, Laura and Louise have 90-80ish each, and poor young Adam has 17.

Never trust a crackhead.