You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Doesn't the UEFA rule come in next summer in that teams can only spend their income so in theory Jan is the last opportunity for teams to spend big.

So this would be our last chance to sell Torres for big money?? It`s obvious that will happen if the bastards manage to cling on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame that we're even having to discuss the departure of a manager after such a short amount of time and the circumstances he came into the job (though that doesn't really excuse the type of football and mentality we seem to have had so far). If we are looking for someone new I'd like someone a bit younger, freshen things up and someone ideally who would look at the youth system we have and use it. Joachim Löw is someone I'd really like for the long term, admittedly from the little I've seen of him internationally everything seems to fit, good football, willing to give youngsters a chance. Wouldn't mind going to back to Spain and Quique Sánchez Flores.

IF/When Hodgson goes I would like to see Loew or Hiddink, though I would perhaps prefer Loew as seen in the World cup he done real well, and is not afraid to play the younger players unlike Roy.

I believe Loew would give a chance to players such as Pacheco and Shelvey aswell as other young players.

Roy for all his 35 years of experience he seems to not be very tactically aware I was on RAWK earlier and noticed a thread about the games and how unbalanced his teams are its pretty unbelievable .. aswell as a good read (think like chalkboards).

[Midfield] The see-saw, pendulum and triangles

The Triangles section shows how lacking we are on the left side

If the takeover goes through and Hodgson in fact would be replaced, then we as a club should look to the past. The glorious past that is. Appoint the King and let`s get some unity back to our beloved club. I am not saying we should give him a long-term contract, but at least enough time to let the new guys come in and get a feel for "The Liverpool Way". I for one can`t see anyone better to spearhead this then Kenny. A bit of time will also allow other managers to see if we (the club) will have the leadership under which they can work and focus on the football side of things rather then having to juggle their time between politics, economics and football. These past couple of years have been very difficult and hurtful to a vast majority of fans and I for one would love to see us return to past glorious conduct. If Kenny is the best option football-wise; well I don`t know. Is he the best choice in getting us united again; yes sir!

Like I said I think Loew is maybe the type of manager we need dare I say it Wenger-esqe in his ideas.

Would also like to see Sami - Didi - Rush/Fowler back as coaches or is that just me thinking of the ultimate backroom dream team !

how about

Kenny - Director of Football

Loew - Manager

Sami - Didi - Rush/Fowler - 1st team coaches

Aldo - Fan representitive ( deserves something being one of only a few x-player to have spoken out against H&G)

That would do me ^^

I think the new owners if they are successful would look at what Hodgson has achieved since his appointment then obviously talk to someone senior at the club such as Dalglish and no doubt talk with players such as Gerrard.

They will probably have a timescale of up until November/December then judge whether or not Hodgson is the right man.

For all we know if the take over completes the players may well pick up their performances and we go on a good run of form.

I would just like to say that Hodgson is a good man, and I feel a bit sorry for him. He came at the worst possible time, as the club was at rock bottom in terms of off pitch struggles and uncertainty.

Don't get me wrong - it looks as though he is not up to the job and that should be the deciding factor above anything else. In all likelihood his tenure will be very short.

I would have thought the new owners (assuming the legal dispute is sorted swiftly and favourably) will take a watching brief. They will sort the board out (Broughton has said his job is almost done, so a new Chairman is needed for a start).

With a board in place they can have a look at what is needed with the manager and how we are faring on the pitch. And as many have said, they will probably want to act before January so their own man spends the money.

Based on who may be around, I would like to see either Pellegrini or Loew. My preference would be Loew on a long term contract. His German team played very well - all comfortable on the ball, lots of passing and moving.

Would be nice to see that back at Anfield.

For all we know if the take over completes the players may well pick up their performances and we go on a good run of form.

A good run of form isn't going to sort this mess out.

To those that blame the players and not the tactics or manager, just take a look at this picture.

11wagll.jpg

I just posted this in the Poulsen thread, but it actually says a shit load of things about how abysmal the tactics are at the moment. This is an image moments before the second Blackpool goal.

Poulsen is mostly to blame because the space where he's supposed to be is the massive area where nobody other than the ref and Taylor-Fletcher are. But just look at what else we've got going on. Carragher is behind Poulsen at the bottom of the picture, way out of position, the pair of them. Soto has come out of the defence to cover Carragher, presumably, so what's Gerrard doing there too?

That leaves Johnson covering Soto and a massive gap at rightback which another Blackpool player's about to run in to. I presume that's Kuyt next to him having to peg it back to cover Johnson, who's covering Soto, who's covering Carragher, who's stood next to Poulsen, who shouldn't even be over there.

It's a fucking shambles basically.

I'd be a bit wary of Hiddink personally. as a caretaker manager for a few months he'd be okay. but long term? has he the motivation for such a job? you'd have to seriously doubt it.

there are better candidates out there.

Kenny? No. I want him in the background overseeing the academy, having a say here and there, offering advice, a DOF type role.

IF/When Hodgson goes I would like to see Loew or Hiddink, though I would perhaps prefer Loew as seen in the World cup he done real well, and is not afraid to play the younger players unlike Roy.

I believe Loew would give a chance to players such as Pacheco and Shelvey aswell as other young players.

Roy for all his 35 years of experience he seems to not be very tactically aware I was on RAWK earlier and noticed a thread about the games and how unbalanced his teams are its pretty unbelievable .. aswell as a good read (think like chalkboards).

[Midfield] The see-saw, pendulum and triangles

The Triangles section shows how lacking we are on the left side

Great read.