You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit. Best tackler in the squad.

And....rather foul him, than let him dance around like Danny does.

Was staying in the same hotel as the Slovakian team in Moscow last week, saw Martin a couple of times. I wouldn't argue with him!

I'd like to see Reina, Johnson, Carra, Agger, Konchesky, Cole, Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, Maxi, Torres; probably with Gerrard in the hole and Cole out wide, possibly with some discretion to drift infield.

I like Skrtel but with all the shirt pulling he's been doing lately, with the ref being Howard Webb and the game being at OT, you know he'll give away a penno.

I'd prefer to see Lucas play, but Poulsen getting rested plus Roy's alleged policy of preferring experience to youth I would imagine that it will be Poulsen & Stevie/Poulsen and Meireles centre mid.

By the way, I'm not sure why people think it will be Lucas and Poulsen CM. I would be really surprised if that was the case. If Meireles is on the bench, I would fully expect either Lucas/Poulsen to partner Gerrard. Roy isn't going to leave either Stevie or Cole on the bench and it is known that neither are particularly keen on playing a wide role - plus he will attract criticism if we lose for sticking one of our best players on the wing. If Lucas & Poulsen were to play together it would mean shifting either Stevie or Cole out wide and benching Meireles. Don't see all that happening tbh.

Hopefully last night will be a massive confidence booster and we'll go out and play some good stuff. God knows we need to.

Not even close, he's closer to being the worst than the best.

He's probably a decent lad and works hard but he's rubbish at defending, he's like the Emile Heskey of defence.

I agree that he's not the greatest defender in the world, but comments like that are just silly.

Please tell me who you would prefer out of Agger and Skrtl vs the mancs, and why?

I reckon we'll go with:

Reina

Johnson

Carragher

Agger

Konchesky

Cole

Gerrard

Lucas

Jovanovic

Raul

Torres

When he came on against Birmingham and last night once Lucas came on, Raul plyed off the striker. I think it was a ploy to get him semi used to playing there on Sunday, therefore letting Gerrard dictate the play in the middle.

I don't want to post in his manc game thread but does anyone else think mypost started a new account called Liz just so someone would post in his thread?

Ahahaha, loving the theory.

I'm not keen on the poxy "Game Threads". Whatever happened to "Liverpool v [name of oppo]"?

Agenda, Irish kick-off times, meh.

Ahahaha, loving the theory.

I'm not keen on the poxy "Game Threads". Whatever happened to "Liverpool v [name of oppo]"?

Agenda, Irish kick-off times, meh.

I obviously missed something with the Irish kick-off time? I seen your reference to it yesterday, care to enlighten me?

I obviously missed something with the Irish kick-off time? I seen your reference to it yesterday, care to enlighten me?

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/95002-game-thread-v-mancs.html

Two kick off times are stated. I'm assuming the local one is for Dublin?

Oh and it's on Sky, just in case you thought it was on E4 + 1.

Bullshit. Best tackler in the squad.

And....rather foul him, than let him dance around like Danny does.

Are you related to Skrtel? Infact are you Skrtel? He is clearly a liability, if by "best tackler", you mean trying to win the ball when it can't be won, resulting in a free kick or trying to remove the opponents shirt when defending set pieces, then I agree.

Are you related to Skrtel? Infact are you Skrtel? He is clearly a liability, if by "best tackler", you mean trying to win the ball when it can't be won, resulting in a free kick or trying to remove the opponents shirt when defending set pieces, then I agree.

O.K. I won´t argue about him anymore. He was pulling shirts against West Brom and people talk about it like if he was doing it always. Carra is doing it for years and it´s o.k. cause it´s Carra.

Hopefully Skrtel proves you wrong and I think nobody will mind it if he does.

I agree that he's not the greatest defender in the world, but comments like that are just silly.

Please tell me who you would prefer out of Agger and Skrtl vs the mancs, and why?

I would play Agger.

He has a better positional sense, he doesn't dive in recklessly and most importantly of all, he is aware what positions his team mates are in.

I like Skrtel, I really do, but he is a liability.

I want a win, either a thumping win or a completely undeserved win right at the end after they miss 3 penos and have 95% possession.

The only way I would accept a loss would be if ratoby, Rooney, Scholes and Giggs and one more random player from their team die a horrible death. That I could tolerate

O.K. I won´t argue about him anymore. He was pulling shirts against West Brom and people talk about it like if he was doing it always. Carra is doing it for years and it´s o.k. cause it´s Carra.

Hopefully Skrtel proves you wrong and I think nobody will mind it if he does.

I really would love him to prove me wrong mate, starting on Sunday preferably.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/95002-game-thread-v-mancs.html

Two kick off times are stated. I'm assuming the local one is for Dublin?

Oh and it's on Sky, just in case you thought it was on E4 + 1.

That is hilarious, what the hell is he on? Hopefully nobody texts me the score, seen as I'll be an hour behind.

The time thing makes sense to me, though that'll be due to how times are reported within my work environment.