You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 games left in my first season and I'm sat 4th, 3 points behind the leaders Spurs. The top 6 are divided by only 6 points though, so it's very tight and every result has significant outcomes for everyone in the chase.

Got 5 away games and 3 home games left, including a tricky trip to White Hart Lane.

Breezed through to the quarter finals of the Europe League where I play Palermo, and then either Rangers or Sevilla in the semis if I can get through.

Got knocked out of the FA Cup by Villa 1-0 at home after a replay, and had already been knocked out of the league cup, so the league and the Europa League are all I have left to aim for.

Ged was sacked by Villa and was replaced by Moyes, despite Everton flying high at the time and topping the table. Fat Sam has also been dismissed by Blackburn with Dennis Wise taking his role, (Shearer took over at Everton).

League record so far is:

Pld 30 W 19 D 5 L 6 GF 59 GA 30 GD +29 Pts 62

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down to the last game of the season now and I sit 5th, 3 points behind leaders Spurs. It's so tight at the top, though Spurs do have a superior goal difference, which should see them win the title if they win their last game. Spurs, Chelsea and Everton are all sat on 79 points, with Arsenal 1 point adrift in 4th.

2 horrendous results away at Sunderland and Wigan have really cost me the opportunity to win the league, but I'm hopeful that we can sneak into the Champions League spots on the final day, when I visit Wolves.

Knocked out of the Europe League in the semi finals 8-5 by Sevilla. Put out a fringe side over there hoping to knick an away goal or two, but got thumped, 5-0. The return leg seen some youngsters get a game, and they managed to pull off a 5-3 victory on the night.

Well, a 3-0 win against 10 man Wolves was just enough to secure me 4th place, as Arsenal could only draw away at Stoke.

Spurs, Chelsea and Everton all won, so Spurs picked up the big prize on goal difference with Chelsea second and Everton third.

My final league record for the season:

Pld 38 W 24 D 7 L 7 GF 75 GA 35 GD +40 Pts 79

Gerrard picked up the English Footballer of the Year award. Torres came second in the Goalden boot, behind Defoe, with 24 league goals in 33 games.

Reina, Gerrard and Torres were all selected for the Premier League Players' Team of the Year.

There will be a lot of outgoings in the summer, with Kuyt, Cole, Konchesky, Jones, Maxi, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Crespo and Itandje all being shown the door. There will also be a number of youngsters released or sold, as I look to trim down the squad.

Itandje has now missed 5 training sessions this year. I had listed him and offered him out to clubs but no intrest. His last AWOL saw me give him yet another 2 week fine. The twunt again felt it was unfair and refused to speak to me about his attitude. So I offered him a mutual termination as I was fucked if I was going to give him £300k. He's accepted and the unflushable turd has finally gone.

Itandje is pissing me off as well, won't even accept a termination. Dodo is moaning because I haven't offered him a new contract yet either.

28 games in, 7 points clear over Chelsea, the only loss in the league so far was a horrific loss to Everton at Anfield when Skrtel made a bad bad mistake. Chelsea at Anfield now, pretty much a title decider.

So far Torres has scored 17 league goals, Dzeko has scored 16, both more than Drogba, who is the only Chelsea player in double figures.

Knowing FM though this means some guy who has never scored in his life will score a hattrick against us and we will lose 3-2 after being 2-0 up after 85 mins.

Now at the half way stage in the league with the transfer window open it's Jan 15th 2013.

We are in 6th spot after a mixed bag since I took over our results being:

0-1

2-1

0-1

4-1

0-1

Media prediction is 6th so I can't see exceeding that being a big problem as the squad is miles better than what I had at Persela.

We are already out of the cup, the previous manager was sacked after they got knocked out in the 1st round.

Had some deals already lined up for the opening of the window.

The league has a 5 foreign players maximum and I have a Chinese GK so I have the Indonesian 1st and 2nd choice U'21 goalkeepers coming in as I would rather use the foreign player option to strengthen outfield.

We desperately need full backs as we don't have a single natural full back at the club.

Although we have a reasonable budget I've mainly gone for youth hence we have signed U'21 and U'19 Indonesian internationals at RB, CB,

Results for rest of January

1-1

2-0

February Results

0-0

2-1

Average age of 27 has now dropped to 25, still a lot to be improved in the side but that will have to wait till the summer now.

Summary of transfers in/out:

In

Dedy Jaya Siregar. 20 y/o Indonesian GK. £35k

Adixi Lenzivio. 20 y/o Indonesian GK. £6k

Muhammad Zaenal Fanani. 20 y/o Indonesian RB £10k

Carlos Maciel. 21 y/o Paraguya LB £8k

Ahmad Deni. 24 y/o Indonesian AM R. £3k

Ricky Akbar Ohorella. 22 y/o Indonesian AM R £24k

Gonzalo Ocampo. 25 y/o Argentinian AM C. Free

Syamsul Hariyanto 17 y/o Indonesian ST. £55k

Johnny Nasrullah 16 y/o Indonesian D C. Trade.

Out:

Edi Sibung 30 y/o Indonesian RB. Free

Arianto Nova 34 y/o Indonesian CB. Free

Sheng Peng. 23 y/o Chinese GK. £14k

Agus Iyai. 30 y/o Indonesian RW. £500

Antop Mayona. 27 y/o Indonesian ST. Free

M.Bahri Mahmud. 29 y/o Indonesian ST. Free

Lucky Permana. 23 y/o Indonesian M C. Free

Rusdianto. 33 y/o Indonesian MC. Free

Syaiful Ramadhan. 30 y/o Indonesian M L. Trade

We generally improved till the end of the season finishing in 4th spot, in my time we managed 11 wins and 6 draws in 22 games.

Happy enough with most of the squad, require a 1st choice LW, 2nd choice LB and improvements to the striker. If we can manage that we should be able to challenge for honours next year.

Into my second season, and despite finishing 4th last time round, I'm in the Europa League again!?!?!

Been fairly busy in the summer in the transfer market. Spent just £13m and brought in £20.5m so far.

Ins:

Ibrahim Afellay (PSV) Bosman

Diego Buonanotte (River) Bosman

Suk (Ajax) Bosman

Urby Emanuaelson (Ajax) Bosman

Levan Mchedlidze (Empoli) Bosman

Scott Dann (Birmingham) £1.5m

Taufic Guarch (Tecos) £1m

Leigh Griffiths (Dundee) £325k

Franco Zuculini (Hoffenheim) £7m*

Zakaria Labyad (PSV) £180k loan fee

Alejandro (Malaga Regen) £3m compo.

Outs: (Majors outs)

Jovanovic (Sampdoria) £3m

Kuyt (Bayern) £4.3m

Degen (Bolton) £1.9m

Poulsen (Schalke) £3.5m

Aquilani (Napoli) £5.25m

Brad Jones (Napoli) £1.5m

Released a load of youth players, and loaned out those who I wanted to keep, but needed first team football. Robinson, Suso, Silva and Wisdom have all gone to my feeder club, Watford, so they should see plenty of first team football and hopefully develop there. Mchedlidze had to go out to Genk due to work permit issues, but he looks very promising.

I couldn't shift Cole or Maxi, so they'll stay as backup for the time being. I could do with getting their wages off me hands, but at least I'm £300k under salary budget, so I shouldn't lose too much money in that respect.

I still have £27m to spend, and have been offered both Hamsik and Balotelli for between £8m-£10m. Trying to haggle the price down and get both at a steal, but it's time consuming and I think I may miss out during this window.

Won all six trophies I entered in my second season with Liverpool. It just got too easy in the end, so despite a load of youngsters really coming on and having the foundation to build for years, I can't carry this Liverpool game on. It's not a challenge, so it's a big waste of my time. Loving the game, though.

Started a game with my beloved Shrewsbury Town. I'll get them to become Premiership and European champions. Pre season was a nightmare, with me winning only one game (against Halifax I think), and getting beat by the likes of Sunderland, Reading, Sheff Utd and Notts Forest. Morale is at an all-time low as I go in to my first game of the season, away at Stevenage. Will update once the transfer window is shut.

After my early season struggle and potential sacking, I've managed to bring myself to the brink of glory. 22 games into the season and I'm now two points behind leaders Spurs, missing the chance to go top after a 1-1 draw away to West Ham, conceding in injury time.

In the cups I qualified easily from the group stage of the europa using a mainly back up team. I'm also in the league cup final against villa using a similar line up, but will go for experience at Wembley. The FA Cup sees me away to City in the 5th round, having beaten Everton convincingly in the previous round.

I've not done a great deal of trading. Out have gone;

Maxi (Bayern Munich) - Loan

Darby (Portsmouth) - Loan

Konchesky (Celtic) - Loan

Soto (Panathanaikos) - £1.1m

Poulsen (Real Madrid) - £4.3m

Poulsen actually played well for me making 22 appearances in all competition at an average 7.42, but I had to take the money on offer, especially as Madrid gave me Gago on a 6 month loan for a measly £6k. Other signings include Hazard and Lukaku but the three of them occupy the bench currently as my original squad are doing well ratings wise. The only new player to get into my starting eleven is Maxwell from Barca. Tried to get Afelaay but only remembered about him mid Jan and he's already signed a contract with Galatasaray.

Babel and N'Gog have been phenomenal for me. Babel's top scorer and N'Gog has 13 goals in 13 appearances (8 of those appearances from the bench!), and Kuyt has weighed in as well.

My first XI team reads as;

GK - Reina

DR - Johnson

DC - Carragher

DC - Wilson

DL - Maxwell

DM - Lucas

MC - Gerrard

MC - Meireles

ST® - Kuyt

ST© - Torres

ST(L) - Babel

Subs;

Jones

Skrtel

Gago

Hazard

N'Gog

Cole

Lukaku

Agger, Aurelio and Patches come in when missing other players but I like to keep it tight knit when it comes to my squad.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or something but I'm already being linked with the potential vacancy at Barcelona. My career history setting is semi pro and I'm only 6 months into my career. Surely I shouldn't be linked with Barca so soon with no honours?

My journeyman game is bumbling along.

Made lots of signings in the summer including Bambang Pamubgkas, spent well over £300k in increments, mainly on sub 25 year old players and on a couple of older players namely Bambang and a centre half called Warsidi Arda to give me a bit of experience.

Signed the Indonesian U19 keeper and my first choice keeper is now playing for the senior international side so I now have the Senior, U'21 and U'19 international keepers as my 1st,2nd and 3rd choice.

I think this season will be the year we crack it, the others have weakened while we've improved both quality and depth, cup and league double is the target then hopefully raise my reputation by competing in the Asian Champions League in 2014/15.

I'm sorry everybody but Malarkey and chevettehs are the best stories so far.

Of course. The most enjoyable games are always when you start off with a struggling club with no money to spend etc

My first game is always 6 or 7 seasons with Liverpool until it inevitably gets boring and then I start on with something more challenging. I've never tried anything as challenging as the Chinese or Indonesian leagues though!

Of course. The most enjoyable games are always when you start off with a struggling club with no money to spend etc

My first game is always 6 or 7 seasons with Liverpool until it inevitably gets boring and then I start on with something more challenging. I've never tried anything as challenging as the Chinese or Indonesian leagues though!

China is quite easy in terms of any top 10 or so side can quite quickly be made into a competitive side, they and the South Korean sides tend to be the dominant ones in the Asian Champions League.

Indonesia is proving a lot harder than China as the quality of youth coming through is nowhere near what comes through in China. Chinese league is around high Championship level with the odd player who is Premier League quality and with decent youth coming through. Indonesia is about lower League 2 high Conference National level with about 10 to 20 players who are maybe slightly over that level. And very little cash available, im half tempted to try staying to see if the dynamic league rep will work if I start to progress in the ACL but I want to do my win all the continentals thing.

My goal is to win all of the continental club competitions. So at the moment hoping for domestic league and cup double then concentrate on getting as far as possible in Asian Champions League and maybe jump ship to China.

On my last journeyman game on FM2010 I had a mega journeyman game, becoming most successful manager in the Asian game with 5 or 6 ACL wins, several Chinese League and Cup Wins then went to Mexico and won everything in North America, to my first big club Independiente where I failed big style before moving to South Africa and becoming dominant there.

Will do a proper update when I get home, but a bright start with Shrewsbury. Won my opening league game 5-3 at Stevenage. Was 2-0 down after 20 minutes, but pulled it back to 2-2 before half-time. Went 3-2 down after the break, before scoring 3 goals in the last twenty minutes.

Then beat Brighton 1-0 at home in League Cup first round. It was an even game, they clearly had the better side, but an own goal in the first half sealed the win. Got Hull away in the second round, so not expecting much from that.

Second league game was another away fixture, this time away at Stockport, who got relegated from League One last season. They've got one of the best squads in the league. I had more chances and possession in the first half, but they scored about ten minutes in to the second half, which meant I'd have to go for broke and try and get a goal. I got it with ten minutes to go, but couldn't get the winner.

I've cleared out loads of shit from the squad, all on free transfers or terminated their contracts. The big loan signings have all been from Premiership teams - Jay Spearing, Rhys Murphy (who was my main man in FM10), Ben Tozer and Gavin Gunning. Got Wesley Ngo Baheng in upfront to add some pace, former Fulham duo King Gyan and Chris James in midfield, a Spanish right back who's name escapes me, and a Dutch and a Belgian winger who both look pretty good.

Won the league in my first season and now it is time to re do my squad. Brought in 4 players on free transfers and realised my wage bill was stupidly high. Sold Aquilani to City for £18 million and let Degen, El Zhar and Aurelio all leave. Trying to shift Konchesky, Poulsen, Jovanovic and Kuyt but no one will buy my shit. Don't want to loan them out either.

Sorted out a deal for Kjaer to come in for a fee worth £29 million. Paid £5 upfront and the rest in add ons.

Sold Masch's clause of 60k per game for £2.7 million as well and bought Schwaab back on loan for 220k.

Sunderland look like they will be my main rivals as they are improving week by week.

Bent was the top scorer in Europe last season and with Sanchez and Elia on the wings, Bent and Gyan have tormented defences. Want to do well in every competition and bring through my youth players this year. Insua and Robinson will be back up to Coentrao at left back whilst Suso, Silva, Thiago (from Barca) Wilson and Shelvey will all be getting games.

Shelvey has gone to my feeder club Cardiff and Pacheco has fucked off on loan to Spain.

Really weird and frustrating transfer window for me with Shrewsbury. I let fourteen players leave for free as I needed the wage bill cutting, and brought in fourteen of my own players, as well as another four on loan.

Released two of the three keepers at the club - Hakan Duyan, and Chris Neal. In the last few days of the transfer window, I paid £100k over 48 months for a Spanish keeper called Ricardo from Orihuela. He wouldn't join me on loan, and he was the best of a very poor bunch of available keepers. He's probably one of the best keepers in the league, but he'll be gone as soon as I get promoted. It was my own fault for not addressing the situation earlier, as I always make sure I've got a solid keeper.

Ended up getting rid of ex Liverpool duo David Raven and Danny O'Donnell, as well as a young centre back Harry Hooman and my only right back Dean Holden. Brought in two right backs - ex Arsenal player Guillaume Norbert, who has plenty of appearances in Ligue 1, and a Spanish lad called Carlos Castan, who started out as a Zaragoza trainee but most recently was plying his trade with the mighty Neath Town. At centre back, Ben Tozer from Newcastle, and Gavin Gunning from Blackburn are both here on season-long loans. Brought in a former Norwegian youth international called Arnar Forsund for £24k, who again is the best of the players available, but doesn't look like he could do a job above League Two. Paid £16k to sign an experienced left back called Isreal Delgado from Toledo.

Got rid of most of the central midfielders who were previously at the club - Kevin McIntyre, Benjamin Van Den Broek, Craig Disley and Shane Cansell-Sherriff have all gone. I've replaced all of them with much better players, though. Spearing is on loan for the season, and I have former Fulham duo Chris James and King Gyan. Got another fella in called Victor Salas from Ponferradina for £2.5k, as he's got experience to help the younger players. Mulling over offering Nigel Quashie a contract as he's available. Don't really need him, but I may just get him for the season.

In the wide areas, I fucked off Steven Leslie and Lewis Neal, as they were my two left wingers, but were both fucking atrocious. Got a real coup in the signing of Anduele Pryor, who's a pacey Dutch lad who used to be at Vitesse. Signed Jennison Myrie-Williams for £28k, from St. Johnstone to compete with him, but he's my right winger as he's better than Mark Wright and Lionel Ainsworth. Fortunately, the four of them are versatile, so I'm well stacked in those areas.

Last, but certainly not least, the strikers. Tom Bradshaw and Kris Bright both departed the club. I brought in Rhys Murphy (who was an integral part of my FM10 Shrewsbury game) on loan for the season. Also signed Wesley Ngo Baheng to add some pace and power. Along with Jake Robinson and Matt Harold, I've got four different options at my disposal.

So, on to the actual season. My defence is shipping an alarming amount of goals. I always play attacking football, so can understand that it leaves me vulnerable at the back, but these bunch of retards take the piss. Here are my results so far:

Stevenage (A) - Won 5-3.

Brighton (H) LC 1st Rnd - Won 1-0.

Stockport (A) - Drew 1-1.

Rotherham (H) - Drew 1-1.

Hull (A) LC 2nd Rnd - Lost 3-2.

Aldershot (H) - Won 3-1.

Northampton (H) - Won 4-3.

Wycombe (A) - Won 5-3.

So that's 22 goals scored and 15 conceded in 8 games. As long as I'm winning games it's not that big of a problem, but I can't even hire any decent coaches to improve things in training. Just going to have to grin and bear it and hope my forwards keep bagging the goals. Second in the league, four points off Oxford at the top, who've won 6 out of 6. I play them away next game, too.

I have a load of players turning 21/22 so I'm going for a clear out. It's my fourth summer, early June and I've already gotten rid of:

Spearing, Saric, Sokolik, Ince, Poulsen, Griffiths, Maxi and Albin. Aquilani is also listed. Konchesky still hanging around like a bad smell.

Lost 5-4 AET to Villa in the league cup final. Had played a game every 3/4 days for about a month so was mixing the line up a bit. I ended up finishing with 8 players on the pitch. Lucas and Wilson sent off and Babel injured a whole 15 seconds after I made my last sub.

The defence is still shipping in goals, but I've been winning games. My last set of results since then are:

Oxford (A) - Won 2-1.

Chesterfield (H) - Won 2-0.

Port Vale (H) - Won 4-2.

Lincoln (A) - Won 4-0.

Wallsall (H) JPT 2nd Rnd - Won 3-1.

Bury (H) - Won 3-0.

Bradford (A) - Lost 2-1.

Top of the league by two points. The most pleasing thing is that I'm getting goals from various players in the squad, not just my strikers. Ngo Baheng has 8, Matt Harold and Rhys Murphy have 6 each, then I've got eleven other goalscorers in the squad.

Downloaded via Steam this morning, bunked off college to play it.

Fucked if I know what I am doing to be honest. But I have managed to offload Itandje straight away. Did it a massive loss though, sold him for #100k.

Now the rest of you shit fuckers.

Is Kadlec from Sparta Prague any good? I got offered him on my Demo, but didn't play it for more than one game.

Just entered into October in my first season.

Not been good.

First things first, my transfers.

I brought in Lavezzi for 18 million over installments, also brought in Dennis Appiah and Kadlec. Loaned out Agger and Aurelio, got rid of Itandje too.

So gambling on using my current squad as nobody wanted anybody I offered out.

6 League games in and I am 12th, 2 wins and 4 defeats. The frustrating thing is, I am creating about 24-26 shots on goal, with about an average of 17 hitting the target. But can I fuck score goals.

Torres is in a horrible patch of form at the moment, all my coaching staff are recommending he be dropped because of it. Only scored once, Carra has outscored him 2 to 1.

Top of my Europa Group though with 3 wins in 3, just lost Torres to a broken leg in a scrappy and dire 1-0 win away at Debrecen. I've lost him for 5 months, might throw Kadlec in with Lavezzi to combat his loss.

I despair for the rest of the season as Ialso got knocked out the League Cup by Reading 2-1. after feilding a very young side, bit like Roy did against Northampton.

It's early days yet though, and I am sure John Henry will give me time to implement my ideas.

This is bullshit! Now normally, I am rubbish at these kind of games, but I took a chance since I was fed up playing 2006 and waiting and waiting only to see Torres to go to Chelsea or whoever else.

I'm 4 games into the league, sitting 2nd, won 3 lost 1 to arsenal in the last minute. Have won all of my other games getting me into the group stages of the europa, and won all my pre season games. I haven't been able to buy anyone because the chairman is considering selling the club, tried to sell Lucas but he got a mood on and refused to leave and is really depressed, then I get a message saying hes scored on his Brazil debut?

I think I'm doing well, but then I get a message saying the new owners should they buy the club, want to bring in their own manager. Deciding this is the time to really put the show on and prove to them I am the best man for the job, my leading goalscorer Fernando Torres on 17 goals from 10 games, has torn some muscles whilst playing for Spain and will be out for 2 months!

So now I've resigned myself to losing the Liverpool job, I just hope someone out there wants me.