You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For the past week or so have been freezing plastic bottles with tap water once I've drunk the carbonated water that was in them. I had a freezer full of them and today I've placed six at a time, on a tray in front of a fan. This produces lovely cool air and it's dropped the temperature in the room too. If the bedroom is too warm later I'll place some frozen plastic bottles in front of a fan in there.

On a Virgin train from London my work paid 160 quid one way for (for standard class). Train is delayed by over half an hour and the air con is broken in all carriages.

I'm physically in decent shape and my shirt is absolutely saturated and I have sweat pouring down my face. Virgin are making a killing from selling cold drinks to people and haven't even apologised. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone in poor health dies on this train.

The sooner these fucking things get renationalised the better.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

On a Virgin train from London my work paid 160 quid one way for (for standard class). Train is delayed by over half an hour and the air con is broken in all carriages.

I'm physically in decent shape and my shirt is absolutely saturated and I have sweat pouring down my face. Virgin are making a killing from selling cold drinks to people and haven't even apologised. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone in poor health dies on this train.

Rem virgin trains are unacceptable now. They were great when they came out. Air-Con worked, they didn't fucking stink and they get you home from London fast. 

Nowadays they are fucked. Rarely on time and they absolutely stink. Its putrid. Such an unpleasant journey on them now. Rip off prices as well for shite. I don't envy you today. 

Surely if the air con is out, the temp is that high and its delayed they have some sort duty of care/requirement to supply water to passengers. 

Trains are shite now

Used to love going up to Lime Street from Watford with my Dad's as a kid. 

I love the heat..... when I have a cold pool to jump into and cold beers on demand.

Holiday in Dubai in 40d weather, with the above, is absolutely glorious.

35d weather in the UK, with none of the above, is a bit shit. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Rem virgin trains are unacceptable now. They were great when they came out. Air-Con worked, they didn't fucking stink and they get you home from London fast. 

Nowadays they are fucked. Rarely on time and they absolutely stink. Its putrid. Such an unpleasant journey on them now. Rip off prices as well for shite. I don't envy you today.  

They're absolutely hanging. I'd rather go the bogs in Chernobyl than on a Virgin train.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Turkish Delight said:

Deffo , the fuckin’ greedy cunts , I buy fuck all on the train or platform .

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Back from the doctors and got a few hours until the wife and kid are home. Time for some beers and a few tunes. 

63D2F6C4-60E5-482B-815C-829BDF8A4F7A.jpeg

Good beer that. 

It's the one non Spanish beer they sell in my local supermarket which is handy.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Good beer that. 

It's the one non Spanish beer they sell in my local supermarket which is handy.

Yeah it’s a lovely beer. They do it on tap in a pub in Birkdale, had eight pints of it a few months ago and can’t remember getting home.