You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just watched this on i player. Thought the ending was a bit weak but' date=' other than that, much better than I expected. really looking forward to the next one.[/quote']

I think it's actually a 3 parter Mick, rather than them being episodes in isolation, so that 'ending' last night was just the beginning of the introduction of Moriarty I'd say.

I think it's actually a 3 parter Mick, rather than them being episodes in isolation, so that 'ending' last night was just the beginning of the introduction of Moriarty I'd say.
Not so much the very end Rob, but the bit how he discovers who's really behind our friend the killer. (without wanting to give it away for those to watch it yet)

Was wondering who'd play Hudson. Great bit of casting.

I thought it was surprisingly well written for a British drama. I don't think it was brilliantly cast, but it's not bad. Enough to warrant another watch next week.

Who in particular? I thought the two leads were very good.

The main copper was a bit dull (and off some advert I think) but everyone else worked well I thought.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Who in particular? I thought the two leads were very good.

The main copper was a bit dull (and off some advert I think) but everyone else worked well I thought.

I didn't particularly like Martin Freeman, I have to admit. Can't say that I'm all that knocked out with the ridiculously named 'Benedict Cumberbatch', either. That said, I think he was a much more suitable choice than Freeman.

I did like it, though. Better than most of the stuff that comes out of the UK.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Something I felt that was very unlike Holmes was where he didn't figure out it was the driver in the route/chase scene. He'd not have missed that in a million years.

Something I felt that was very unlike Holmes was where he didn't figure out it was the driver in the route/chase scene. He'd not have missed that in a million years.

Agreed...in fact I thought the guy who played Holmes was the weak link in the entire thing. He didn't appear extrovert at all to me, rather just a foppish cunt.

I quite enjoyed the contemporary twist though, very unusual and unexpected...I thought I'd turned the wrong channel on at first.

And, as ever, Morgan Freeman was ace.

I was pleasantly suprised. Thought the guy who played Sherlock was really good, and Martin Freeman is a suprisingly decent actor when he plays a more serious character. First Luther, and now Sherlock, the BBC dramas of late have been a massive step up to the shite that's normally on.

Looking forward to the next one.

Agreed...in fact I thought the guy who played Holmes was the weak link in the entire thing. He didn't appear extrovert at all to me, rather just a foppish cunt.

I quite enjoyed the contemporary twist though, very unusual and unexpected...I thought I'd turned the wrong channel on at first.

And, as ever, Morgan Freeman was ace.

He is ace isn't he? I loved the way he just didn't even show up in this and yet he was still ace. Mark of genius, that.

Watched it last night on iplayer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought the Holmes character/actor was very good and Freeman did a good job with his slightly dishevelled veteran thing. The actual plot was a bit poor but as an intro was all good stuff

In the press conference at the start, who was responsible for the mass texting of journo's ?

Mycroft ? Unlikely...

Holmes himself...very unlikely.

Moriarty ? Hmmm....

Just a loose end the BBC forgot about ?

It was Holmes presumably watching on the telly or listening on the radio, the last text goes just to the copper and says something like 'call me, SH'