You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British players Roy could sign

Cantrell20

Let's face it - we are no longer team from the 90s with so much British talent inside (we still played more passing game then). Even Rafa noticed, that his legendary comeback kings have no more recovery power and don't sweat their blood on the pitch. Here my and Rafa's conclusion is the same - we need more British talent, that Rafa wanted to sign, but not often enough. In addition, Roy wants to sign up more good British players, also due to new homegrown talent rule. I trust him in this area, as he revived several players careers and discovered Chris Smalling in a non-league club and sold to Man United. Personally, I'd like Zamora, as he is brilliant on the ball, great in the build up, can create space for Torres to roam and score crucial goals, as he did 21 times last season in all competitions. Scott Dann, Merseyside lad from Birmingham would be my second choice, as he is a smart and cultured defender. Scott Parker, Lee Cattermole would be nice if Lucas or Mascherano left. And I also like Joe Ledley, not only because he's on a free transfer:) We could also get Joe Cole, but we need a quick 1-2 transfers to show we can compete before we go for bigger names.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ash will cost 20 we will never have, but that would be quality over quantity, something we missed under Rafa at times. Nathaniel Clyne or Adam Matthews would be interesting on the right instead of Degen. Same with Luke Young, whose deal expires next year and who might be accessible for 2 million maybe. Micah Richards would be another under consideration for me, if only in the region of 6-8 million.

Of all the names mentioned so far, I'd move hell and earth to get that mad bastard Bellamy back here. Selling him was a disastrous decision.

If/when The Chief goes I wouldn't object to Scott Parker being his replacement, but I can't see that happening, he seems setted at West Ham. Thankfully nobody has mentioned Clattermole yet - can we keep it that way please?

Let's face it - we are no longer team from the 90s with so much British talent inside (we still played more passing game then). Even Rafa noticed, that his legendary comeback kings have no more recovery power and don't sweat their blood on the pitch. Here my and Rafa's conclusion is the same - we need more British talent, that Rafa wanted to sign, but not often enough. In addition, Roy wants to sign up more good British players, also due to new homegrown talent rule. I trust him in this area, as he revived several players careers and discovered Chris Smalling in a non-league club and sold to Man United. Personally, I'd like Zamora, as he is brilliant on the ball, great in the build up, can create space for Torres to roam and score crucial goals, as he did 21 times last season in all competitions. Scott Dann, Merseyside lad from Birmingham would be my second choice, as he is a smart and cultured defender. Scott Parker, Lee Cattermole would be nice if Lucas or Mascherano left. And I also like Joe Ledley, not only because he's on a free transfer:) We could also get Joe Cole, but we need a quick 1-2 transfers to show we can compete before we go for bigger names.

633729578935529910-Paragraphs.jpg

we should've got Adam Johnson last summer, Bellamy and Murphy would both be welcomed back be me, Gary Cahill too if he didnt have too big a price tag

if Fernando left i'd have Darren Bent too, i know he is a shit alround player but he scores goals

we should've got Adam Johnson last summer, Bellamy and Murphy would both be welcomed back be me, Gary Cahill too if he didnt have too big a price tag

if Fernando left i'd have Darren Bent too, i know he is a shit alround player but he scores goals

Bellamy? Murphy? Bent to replace Torres? Fuck me, already resigned to life in the mid-table? Remember Bent at Tottenham?

I'd take Micah Richards (allowing Johnson to play right wing at times), SWP, Parker (replacement for Lucas, not Mascherano), Crouch (yes I'd love him to return), Young (can only see it happening if Mascherano is sold), Harper (reserve keeper?), J. Cole (upgrade on Riera and Babel), *breaths* Shawcross & Cahill (although I don't think CB is a priority)... probably some others that I can't think of as well.

I'd take Micah Richards (allowing Johnson to play right wing at times), SWP, Parker (replacement for Lucas, not Mascherano), Crouch (yes I'd love him to return), Young (can only see it happening if Mascherano is sold), Harper (reserve keeper?), J. Cole (upgrade on Riera and Babel), *breaths* Shawcross & Cahill (although I don't think CB is a priority)... probably some others that I can't think of as well.

Micah Richards has the attributes to be a top defender but his attitude is, supposedly, significantly worse than questionable. SWP looks like a spent force to me, but do you think City would sell either of them to us?

I can't see Crouch leaving Spurs seeing as Harry Redknapp loves him and I doubt we'd be able to afford Ashley Young, or Joe Cole's wages.

Shawcross and Cahill would be on my list (though centre back isn't yet a priority) but again, they're going to cost a minimum of £10m each, minimum.

I would go with almost all your signings, but we don't have that sort of money.

So people here can't wait to see the back of Babel, yet want to sign SWP??? The contradictions are mind-boggling!

I haven't said I definitely want to get rid of Babel.

Part of me wants to see if Hodgson can get the best out of him, another part of me wants us to cut our losses with him.

SWP has been a top winger in this country before, Babel hasn't.

Scott Parker and Ashley Young.

is the reality with possilbly Taylor and Johnson but that would mean Torres or Gerrard going.

If Torres goes id have Peter Crouch back for sure

he could probably get Young and Parker for Mascher money, two quality players for one.

Micah Richards has the attributes to be a top defender but his attitude is, supposedly, significantly worse than questionable. SWP looks like a spent force to me, but do you think City would sell either of them to us?

Surely City are going to have to sell some players unless they want a squad of 50 players next season? They might given they can afford to have a squad that big.

I haven't said I definitely want to get rid of Babel.

Part of me wants to see if Hodgson can get the best out of him, another part of me wants us to cut our losses with him.

SWP has been a top winger in this country before, Babel hasn't.

Really? He's 28 years old, still has no end product and runs around like a headless chicken.

He wouldn't add anything to the team, we need to replace Yossi with a Yossi type player, Turan would be perfect. Don't just buy British for the sake of it, if they're shite then it's a no.