You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British players Roy could sign

Cantrell20

Really? He's 28 years old, still has no end product and runs around like a headless chicken.

He wouldn't add anything to the team, we need to replace Yossi with a Yossi type player, Turan would be perfect. Don't just buy British for the sake of it, if they're shite then it's a no.

I rate him, I know I am in the minority... Turan looks good.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Cattermole, Milner(ha!), Noble, or Parker in our midfield.

Ashley Young, Gabby Agbhonlawhatever, Joe Ledley, Darren Bent, SWP, Carlton Cole, Joe Cole(but can't afford) for our Attack/Midfield.

I'd take Gareth Bale(if he counts, but he's unlikely to come/be sold), Gary Cahill, Ryan Shawcross, or Dave Wheater for our defense.

Surely, there is a backup keeper thats English, too, and not too horribly shite and wouldn't mind sitting on our bench/playing in the cup games.

**DISCLAIMER: I do not feel all of these players are quality enough to be in our starting XI, but our squad could be filled out with them easily. **

I haven't said I definitely want to get rid of Babel.

Part of me wants to see if Hodgson can get the best out of him, another part of me wants us to cut our losses with him.

SWP has been a top winger in this country before, Babel hasn't.

A perfect description.

I'd take Cattermole, Milner(ha!), Noble, or Parker in our midfield.

Ashley Young, Gabby Agbhonlawhatever, Joe Ledley, Darren Bent, SWP, Carlton Cole, Joe Cole(but can't afford) for our Attack/Midfield.

I'd take Gareth Bale(if he counts, but he's unlikely to come/be sold), Gary Cahill, Ryan Shawcross, or Dave Wheater for our defense.

Surely, there is a backup keeper thats English, too, and not too horribly shite and wouldn't mind sitting on our bench/playing in the cup games.

**DISCLAIMER: I do not feel all of these players are quality enough to be in our starting XI, but our squad could be filled out with them easily. **

I'd take Wheater as well.

Noble would be who I'd go for though. I think he's a cracking player and if West Ham are soft enough to sell him i'd snap there hands off.

James McCarthy from Wigan

SWP made a horrific career choice joining Chelsea but if we are to revert to 4-4-2 under Roy then he'd be a decent shout on the right. (duff has been resurrected at fulham after two poor moves to chelsea & newcastle)

Gary Cahill is a good defender. There are better foreign defenders out there but this is a 'british' thread.

Milner is class imo but too expensice & going to city.

I'd happily have Bellamy back. I'd take Lescott off city too if the price was about 1/4 of what they paid.

You rate SWP?? I think he's wank to say the least. If not Turan, who else would you have in mind?

I like the sound of Ashley Young. Think we need a left winger, rather than a right sided one - as I am happy with Maxi and Kuyt as the options on that side.

On the left if we can have Young and Jovanovic (possibly Cole as well, but I'd play him central), then we'd have some nice options.

Young will cost a lot, but if Mascherano goes, then we'll have funds, we can also sell Riera and Babel to get the other players we need. But Young is quick, can play on both sides, works his ass off and has a brilliant set piece delivery - something our side has lacked for years and maybe, just maybe it will mean Gerrard won't take the corners and can be more threatening attacking them in the box, as he can as he showed against West Ham last season.

I think if we have Kuyt / Maxi on the right, then we need a different type of player to compliment them on the left - a more direct player with pace and skill.

If our attacking options were:

LW - Young, Jovanovic (Cole)

RW - Kuyt, Maxi (Johnson, Gerrard & Young)

AM - Aquilani, Cole (Gerrard & Kuyt)

S - Torres, New Striker

I think we'd be well set.

Bellamy? Murphy? Bent to replace Torres? Fuck me, already resigned to life in the mid-table? Remember Bent at Tottenham?

Bellamy would've been excellent for us last season however i think Jovanovic could do a similar job now actually, Murphy not as a regular but maybe in a Gary Mac sort of role, if Torres goes we aren't going to get anyone who scores much more than Bent, i would want another striker as well though

I like Bellamy and he's miles better than anything else we've got on our left but he must be approaching 30 now and has got dodgy knees. Not the sort of player we should be looking at for me, we need hungry, young players who we can build a team out of.

Lets remember who we already have at the club before suggesting idiots, even if we lose Gerrard, Torres and Mascherano we have a good group of players.

The reality is that any player comming in should be better than we already have in that position.

For me its only Ashley Young and Johnson who fit that criteria and Parker if Mascher left.

Bellamy would've been excellent for us last season however i think Jovanovic could do a similar job now actually, Murphy not as a regular but maybe in a Gary Mac sort of role, if Torres goes we aren't going to get anyone who scores much more than Bent, i would want another striker as well though

Bent has found his level at Sunderland, honestly the thought of him here is laughable after he flopped at Spurs.

Murphy is not comparable to Gary Mac at all, Gary Mac was a truly immense player in his day, Murphy has always been mediocre at best. Bellamy is a trouble maker, always has been, always will be.

You've got the ingredients of a mid-table club, replace Torres with Bent? Who else? Replace Gerrard with Bowyer? Sign Delap?

Lets remember who we already have at the club before suggesting idiots, even if we lose Gerrard, Torres and Mascherano we have a good group of players.

The reality is that any player comming in should be better than we already have in that position.

For me its only Ashley Young and Johnson who fit that criteria and Parker if Mascher left.

Parker better than Masch? Fuck off.

Bent has found his level at Sunderland, honestly the thought of him here is laughable after he flopped at Spurs.

Murphy is not comparable to Gary Mac at all, Gary Mac was a truly immense player in his day, Murphy has always been mediocre at best. Bellamy is a trouble maker, always has been, always will be.

You've got the ingredients of a mid-table club, replace Torres with Bent? Who else? Replace Gerrard with Bowyer? Sign Delap?

he wasnt that bad for Spurs, reasonable goal record when he was a regular, Johnson flopped at Chelsea, Mascherano at West Ham, some times it just doesnt fit.

Murphy is experienced, an good passer, a wise old head these days and good on setpieces, all Gary Mac like attributes

Murphy is experienced, an good passer, a wise old head these days and good on setpieces, all Gary Mac like attributes

Danny Murphy doesn't deserve to come back. He might start critcising Hodgson and complaining there are not enough foreign managers if he gets dropped.