You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fowlers God

Chris Eagles Yeah or Neigh  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Chris Eagles Yeah or Neigh

• Yes, a good talent
    • Maybe in a few years dont want to take a chance now
    • No, once a manc always a manc

Yes he was a manc ( 6 or 7 games I think). But he was never fully fledged manc, Was he???? Any way, I have seen him at Burnley for the last year or so and he really catches my eye. But there seems to be more to him than what he is showing at the moment, I am sure with the correct training and coaching he could become great premiership player for years to come.

What do you guys think. Is he one for the future or would you take a shot at him now. Or because he was a manc does that mean you wouldnt want him?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't though, cos he's easily their best attacking player. Says more about the manager than him IMO.

True that.

Eagles is talented, but a right fanny. He is the very definition of "no end product".

Simply not good enough for us.

I`m not advocating signing him, but he is a better player than quite a few of our so called squad players.

He`s played 30 out of 33 games for Burnley this season in the league, 18 starts.

Its just an indication, but he is also top of Burnley`s player ratings in SKY for the season, by some margin as well.

He's not. He's playing for Burnley. He's probably not even as good as El Zhar (yes, he's that bad).

He's shit. And he looks like a boy band reject.

Ouch Hamstrung. That is some damnation there.

People said that lennon had no end product until the start of this season. I am saying that he might not be given the best coaching where he is now.

For a couple of months before Christmas he was really excellent, i'm not exaggerating to say he was one of the best players in teh league for that period... I don't know whether the chnage in manager affected him or what happened, but he seems to have dipped.

On the whole though, he's obviously not good enough for here, but he's definitely decent and much better than El Zhar. Much better... At least I've witnessed Eagles do something...

Can't believe that we are debating whether a Burnley player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club.

Regardless of the merits or otherwise of Chris Eagles, what a ridiculous statement!

In 1971 would you have said "Can't believe that we are debating whether a Scunthorpe player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club"?

In 1980, would you have said "Can't believe that we are debating whether a Chester City player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club"?

In 1987, would you have said "Can't believe that we are debating whether a Watford player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club"?

Honestly...

Can't believe that we are debating whether a Burnley player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club.

Yup, no good players ever play for rubbish clubs. Ever.

Apart from a good half of Liverpool's greatest ever players.

And Nick Barmby.

Edited by dirty_sanchez
Ah, SD beat me to it.

Regardless of the merits or otherwise of Chris Eagles, what a ridiculous statement!

In 1971 would you have said "Can't believe that we are debating whether a Scunthorpe player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club"?

In 1980, would you have said "Can't believe that we are debating whether a Chester City player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club"?

In 1987, would you have said "Can't believe that we are debating whether a Watford player may be good enough for Liverpool Football Club"?

Honestly...

Keegan, Rush and John Barnes were not in their mid-20's when we signed them.