You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs Away

Byrnie

Steven Gerrard has been a monster for this club over the past 10 years.

I cannot believe, as poor as he was today, our own captain is now being labelled a "fraud" who will "seriously harm the club". There are a couple of frauds harming this club I can think of, and Steven Gerrard certainly isn't one of them

Gerrard cannot be paid the thick end of 120k a week and perform like he has. Players need to be accountable. James Milner is working harder and having a better season and he is paid less than half that

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gerrard either;

a) has one eye on SA

b) is so fed up with rafa he can't be bothered to fight for him any more

c) is tired of constantly being the one to rescue matches

d) just wants the season over with

all 'understandable' (kinda) but he IS the captain...

and despite all that he set up Torres with two very good chances to win us the game.

We didn't press them enough. Torres wasn't at his best even though he scored a brilliant goal, maxi goes down too much even though he had good moments, and insua isn't as bad as I thought he was. Some of our passing and movement at the start was magic and up there with the best I've seen as far as I remember, then we just lost it. Gutted.

Edited by Red Phoenix

1) The amount of time it takes a 35 year old OAP to bust his lung from just inside our halve to make a decoy run coupled with the split-second it takes to lure Insua inches away and give Fletcher space to make that cross...is faster than the amount of time it takes for Kuyt to control a ball prior to giving a misplaced sideways pass.

Geniuses like Matt le Tissier can afford to be lazy and provide just 1 moment of inspiration in a match. I'm being unfair to Kuyt if his one moment of creation that got us a goal doesn't buy him a ticket to be a passenger for the rest of the game. Guess I'm spoiled rotten after the perceived dark ages of 2002/2003 & 2003/2004 season.

2) WTF was Torres doing giving a friendly mid-game hug to Gazza Neville for? And Neville not reciprocating it makes Torres look silly.

3) I was cursing Webb a number of times yesterday, but after waking up today, its easier to blame an impartial ref for not giving us 50/50 decisions than it is to question the desire & hunger of our team. Seeing Fletcher fighting for the ball and winning it fairly..I'm not saying our team lacks hunger. We were just less hungry yesterday.

4) Johnson didn't overlap too much, choosing mostly to cut inside.

5) Chavski has their resident knuckledragging centreback who occassionally scores. We have defenders who power their headers high and wide.

Not read the thread, but again the frustration is there for all to see.

1, Why did Babel not play against Neville, he would have ripped him apart.

2, Why did Johnson not get over the halfway line.

3, Why did Lucas go back to looking like a £6m flop.

4, Why is no player near Torres when we hoof the ball to him.

Man Utd were there for the taking yesterday, they were shit scared of Torres and we should have gone at them.

There is one simple answer to it all, a very negative manager.

1, There was more of a chance of babel failing at that than you obviously think. It's Babel for fuck sake.

2. So as not to expose Carra to nani who is having a decnt run of it lately

3. Lucas was better than mash yesterday which doesn't say much.

4. That should be a question for gerrard if you ask me. He was anonymous yesterday

Not read the thread, but again the frustration is there for all to see.

1, Why did Babel not play against Neville, he would have ripped him apart.

2, Why did Johnson not get over the halfway line.

3, Why did Lucas go back to looking like a £6m flop.

4, Why is no player near Torres when we hoof the ball to him.

Man Utd were there for the taking yesterday, they were shit scared of Torres and we should have gone at them.

There is one simple answer to it all, a very negative manager.

1. The only thing Babel is able to rip apart these days is his own career. There's no certainty in him having a good game ever. However, he should've come on for Maxi earlier, who was having a horrible game, yet again.

2. Dunno. But I know that you don't go all gung ho against that lot in their own back-yard, as they counter-attack a whole lot better than we do. We didn't beat them 4-1 by throwing caution to the wind.

3. Think Lucas did ok actually. Think I saw him waste maybe one pass, and he played often the ball forward.

4. The hoofing is infuriating, and the culprit is normally Carra. There is no logical argument for playing that way, just a result of players being poor in possesion.

The Mancs, as always, "weren't there for ther taking". They are the best team in the country, and have been for quite some time. I think we'll struggle to find any manager who sends his team to all-out attack at Old Trafford.

The sooner you start deluding yourselves over how poor they are, the better. Rafa's negativity has cost us a lot of points, but it wasn't the sole reason we lost yesterday.

Fuck I'm so depressed...

The frustration about Lucas is because there is a player in there as thursday proved, Babel was doing fine over the last 2 games and his pace would have caused Neville problems, but when you setup negative you wont win.

If people cant see that this manager is negative with a capital N, then we seriously have problems.

What's the point in turning up, If were worried about Nani against Carra, ever thought what would Utd be like If we made Nani have to defend by turning him around.

Shit scared of Utd again.

I agree with all this.

Guest Pistonbroke

I agree with a lot what has been said. Mancs were there for the taking yesterday. We just played ito there hands for the majority of the game. When we attacked we nearly always created a chance. Why can't we attack more ? negative tactics as usual.

Guest Pistonbroke
Spoke to a couple of Mancs in the the office this morning. Was saying I couldn't believe we stood off them in the second half. Their response: "story of your season".

Sums it up.

Yep. Wolves attacked the mancs with more intent than us. They lost that game 1-0 but if they had a decent striker in the mould of a Torres, Drogba etc they would have won that game. I hope the rest of the league have taken note. If Rooney isn't getting the ball they look well beatable. They still have to play the Chavs,Spurs at home and City away. Plus i doubt Sunderland away will make it easy for them. Piss myself if Arsenal pip both the Mancs and Chavs to the title.