You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rhone group in talks over 100mil takeover.

gingerhulk

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a fool would offer a guarantee of where we will finish. It could be anything from fourth to eighth, depending on whether we can actually find any form and whether three other clubs play worse than us.

If I had to bet on it, my money would be on fifth. I think Spurs and Villa will fuck up but City won't. Doesn't matter what we do, it's been out of our hands for some time. I suspect we'll win four and lose one though, and finish on 67 points.

Thin line between confidence and arrogance.

Which Adidas deal is that?

Not likely to get the ground naming deal completed before July are they?

when you see deals like these and the standard charted it just makes me want to fuckin batter Moores and Parry, stupid fuckin cunts the 2 of them

They really need shooting. Imagine if Moores would of had the nouse to get Ayre/Purslow in instead of his best mate. All these deals could of been done for the good of the club and the team.

Not sure regards the Adidas deal as the article i read earlier was stating £150m for 10 years.

Obviously easy to work out as £15m a year but isn't that more or less what we get at the moment.

I doubt Adidas will release the money all in one go so it will be spread over the course of the contract so really i can't see how we would be that much better off then we currently are.

Looks good though to potential investors/appease fans that £150m is supposed to be coming into the club.

When you put it like that Coop I suppose you are right mate. Cheers.

United threw there merchandising rights in and got £300m off Nike, I wonder if we would consider doing the same?

If, as Barrett states, the asking price is still £500m (independent of debt and stadium cost) for a full buyout, then I think it's more likely that RBS will end up taking us over as there is no way in hell someone will ever pay that.

why is the stadium being fatored into the price? it doesn't even exist yet.

As far as I understand it, the stadium should be effectively self-funding for anyone with decent lines of credit, as long as they are happy with a longish-term investment. Most of the money to build it would be loans secured against future revenue. Same as Arsenal.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If, as Barrett states, the asking price is still £500m (independent of debt and stadium cost) for a full buyout, then I think it's more likely that RBS will end up taking us over as there is no way in hell someone will ever pay that.

I can't see it being 500m + taking on all debt. Most of the debt resides with the parent company, I believe. They would sell the club, pay the debt and then pocket the profit.

As far as I understand it, the stadium should be effectively self-funding for anyone with decent lines of credit, as long as they are happy with a longish-term investment. Most of the money to build it would be loans secured against future revenue. Same as Arsenal.

exactly. that 500m has nothing to do with the stadium I think that's why no wants to buy us as that is a riduclous price.

I can't see it being 500m + taking on all debt. Most of the debt resides with the parent company, I believe. They would sell the club, pay the debt and then pocket the profit.

That's the only way the price would make any kind of sense although it would still be massively overvaluing the club, but Barrett states that the £500M asking price would still leave the new owners with the debt.

Didn't the owners rumoured to have agreed a deal with a Kuwait consortium a while since for £450m.

If so it would suggest that the asking price has been reducing over the months leading up to the refinance.

Premier League: Kuwaiti billionaire Nasser al-Kharafi's lower offer for Liverpool follows failed bid last July | Football | guardian.co.uk

23rd of Jan '09

"Tom Hicks and George Gillett will have to settle for a profit reduced by $150m (£110m) if they sell Liverpool to Nasser al-Kharafi, the Kuwaiti billionaire, after their failure to close a deal for Liverpool last July.

Kharafi approached the Americans last year with a view to sealing a £600m purchase of the Anfield club. But, with contracts all but signed, Kharafi inexplicably pulled out of the negotiations.......

Kharafi is expected now to take advantage of the immovable July deadline faced by the Americans with a reduced offer in the region of £400m."

Premier League: Kuwaiti billionaire Nasser al-Kharafi's lower offer for Liverpool follows failed bid last July | Football | guardian.co.uk

23rd of Jan '09

"Tom Hicks and George Gillett will have to settle for a profit reduced by $150m (£110m) if they sell Liverpool to Nasser al-Kharafi, the Kuwaiti billionaire, after their failure to close a deal for Liverpool last July.

Kharafi approached the Americans last year with a view to sealing a £600m purchase of the Anfield club. But, with contracts all but signed, Kharafi inexplicably pulled out of the negotiations.......

Kharafi is expected now to take advantage of the immovable July deadline faced by the Americans with a reduced offer in the region of £400m."

Think £200m might have go some way to accounting for him pulling out.