You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tomkins latest effort.

Juan Galonso

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This is roughly what was going through my mind when I read that piece of journalistic propaganda bullshit

Guest ShoePiss

You know Tomkins once had a exclusive interview with Benitez that lasted hours, he's in a better position than the rest of us to comment on things like this, so when he sneers at those that don't agree with him just remember that really long interview he had with Rafa. It went on for hours.

Also did you know that Tomkins has an illness?

What he is doing is writing the obvious to people that can't see it for themselves. It's obvious that we don't know what would have happened had Torres stayed on.

I agree. But there are actually quite a few on here who don't get that.

He doesn't mention, even if N'Gog was the appropriate agent, that he didn't need to be subbed for the best, most prolific goalscorer at the club.

I disagree, I don't think getting N'Gog on was Rafa's aim, it was getting Torres off. I'm pretty sure Torres got the hook in order to be as sharp as possible for Thursday. Which is a game Rafa probably considers more important.

I disagree, I don't think getting N'Gog on was Rafa's aim, it was getting Torres off. I'm pretty sure Torres got the hook in order to be as sharp as possible for Thursday. Which is a game Rafa probably considers more important.

That;s why he should not be manager next season. Europe has always been more important than the Premiership for him

Rafa is clueless. Simples

The way I see it is, winning a trophy is the only way Rafa probably believes he can keep his job. By winning the Euro Cup gives G & H as much funds as qualifying for the quater finals of the C/L. Rafa was looking after himself on this one, putting LFC second.

The way I see it is, winning a trophy is the only way Rafa probably believes he can keep his job. By winning the Euro Cup gives G & H as much funds as qualifying for the quater finals of the C/L. Rafa was looking after himself on this one, putting LFC second.

So by winning this cup (if that were to happen), Rafa is putting LFC second?

I've seen it all now.

He may or may not have a point but the fact is, is that every decision rafa makes, no matter how strange or left field is justified and explained away. Just for once I`d love him to just say "you know what, I think Rafa fucked up there". Just fucking once. We`ve lost 17 games this season so far, there must be at least one time he thinks Rafa has fucked up.

He`s not a columnist he`s Rafa`s own personal propaganda minister.

Tomkin's reminds me of Les Lawson on Radio Merseyside until a few months ago. Les used to make excuse after excuse for Rafa after every bad result. Now he's taken his head out of the sand and realised that the Emperor has no clothes.

I doubt if Tomkins will see the light until the Emperor has gone.

Tomkin's reminds me of Les Lawson on Radio Merseyside until a few months ago. Les used to make excuse after excuse for Rafa after every bad result. Now he's taken his head out of the sand and realised that the Emperor has no clothes.

That is what sickens me.

I remember when Houllier was on the verge of getting sacked a few years back and he had a section of unwaivering support who'd come out with excuse after excuse after excuse. As soon as he left, they'd stick the knife in, saying it was the right time to go as he'd lost the plot etc. It was cowardly in the extreme.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same with Rafa.

Tomkins is a yes man although he goes all around the shop to disguise it. He had the exact same stance with GH.

Tomkins is a yes man although he goes all around the shop to disguise it.

This was his stance on rotation when Rafa was appointed "Benitez also likes to rotate his players, although one or two escaped being left out (the Spain left winger Vicente, for example). I am not a huge fan of rotation, as you can lose team cohesion".

Compare that with the articles he has written since defending rotation.

If the cat, whilst amoung the pigeons, thinks itself a pigeon, is it still a threat as a cat amoungst the pigeons? Then no wonder Torres was subbed for Ngog is surely cat amoung the ravenous pigeons at St Andrews.

If the fox is in the henhouse, but it is an incompetant fox and therefore unable to realize that, as a fox, he is controlling the game because the hens are all lined up behind their coops, and still leaves the hen house hungry but was in control, is the foxes belly full? No, it is not. It is empty, the chickens have won even though they were controlled. Even a chicken with its head cut off will get by the fox. We control the game like a sly fox and defend like headless chickens? For sure, no?

So, this Tompinks fellow quotes some acadamic buffons who posits that incompetant people spout off and know no better because they are incompetant and should not be spouting off like little teapots. This is classic village idiot theory, or one of those Confucian quotes that someone rolls out once a while about those just talking to hear their own voices. You know the ones, usually on posters with some monk in the mist by a temple- 'A man who speaks wise but once is listened to a thousand times more than one who speaks but does not listen.'

Well, I say swings and roundabouts. Teapots and tinpots.

If this Tomkins played football to a decent level, comes from a footalling backgorund and watches loads on the telly and was a regular at Anfield, then surely we can disseminate the following:

Should we be scraping for a Europa Cup spot?

Answers on postcard to:

Ministry of Silly Articles

You know Tomkins once had a exclusive interview with Benitez that lasted hours, he's in a better position than the rest of us to comment on things like this, so when he sneers at those that don't agree with him just remember that really long interview he had with Rafa. It went on for hours.

Also did you know that Tomkins has an illness?[/QUOTE]

Verbal diarrhoea?

If the cat, whilst amoung the pigeons, thinks itself a pigeon, is it still a threat as a cat amoungst the pigeons? Then no wonder Torres was subbed for Ngog is surely cat amoung the ravenous pigeons at St Andrews.

If the fox is in the henhouse, but it is an incompetant fox and therefore unable to realize that, as a fox, he is controlling the game because the hens are all lined up behind their coops, and still leaves the hen house hungry but was in control, is the foxes belly full? No, it is not. It is empty, the chickens have won even though they were controlled. Even a chicken with its head cut off will get by the fox. We control the game like a sly fox and defend like headless chickens? For sure, no?

So, this Tompinks fellow quotes some acadamic buffons who posits that incompetant people spout off and know no better because they are incompetant and should not be spouting off like little teapots. This is classic village idiot theory, or one of those Confucian quotes that someone rolls out once a while about those just talking to hear their own voices. You know the ones, usually on posters with some monk in the mist by a temple- 'A man who speaks wise but once is listened to a thousand times more than one who speaks but does not listen.'

Well, I say swings and roundabouts. Teapots and tinpots.

If this Tomkins played football to a decent level, comes from a footalling backgorund and watches loads on the telly and was a regular at Anfield, then surely we can disseminate the following:

Should we be scraping for a Europa Cup spot?

Answers on postcard to:

Ministry of Silly Articles

Lovely post- long time no hearwas winter that bad over there???

It's the bit about him taking time to study the game and others who through a fatal combination of ignorance and incompetence massively overestimate the value and accuracy of their own opinion. Another winning performance from Tomkins.

What idiots (and make no mistake, he is an idiot) fail to get, completely, is that people who often have a completely opposite opinion to him come to their conclusions after weighing up all of the important facts and context. He seems to believe that anyone who doesn't live and breathe the game 24/7 inevitably suffers from ignorance. There is absolutely no need to spend as much time as he claims to do in order to understand the game. It's not that complex, in the scheme of things.

Get a real job, you insufferable and tedious herbert.

Edit: Oh, and your article, once again, is a load of shite.