You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Great stuff. Lighter, fitter, healthier, and free of a second car off the expenses list.

We didn’t have that before as I worked in town and had the joys of public transport.

If I can get down to 12st 7lb I’ll be made up. When I went lower than that in Dubai I looked I’ll and AIDS ridden.

I’ve never even tried it. However, I do wonder why so many of the people I’ve seen, in the pub and at the match, who shove it up their nose like it’s going out of fashion, are lardy bastards.

cut with icing sugar

• Upvote 1

You’re a driving instructor, aren’t you? If anything it’ll make you better at your job.

If I started on the beak I'd probably see one of those trucks with the ramps for cars to go up and start thinking I'm a stunt trainer.

I've decided to give this intermittent fasting a go. I'm going with the RedKinight alternative days. Today is a food day (healthy breakfast, dinner and tea) and tomorrow will be my first fasting day.  To be honest, I don't think fasting during the working week will be too much of a chore, as there are loads of days I go without breakfast or lunch and don't feel it. It'll be the fasting day that falls on the weekend where I'll struggle.

I'm not keen on the whole 18 hour cycle thing, particularly as certain aspects of my job could fuck it up. One day on, one day off is easier to manage, and reportedly better for fat loss.  As I say, it wont be a huge struggle Mon-Fri as I can easily miss meals during the day depending on commitments. 

Heroin beats cocaine. You never see a heroin addict with an ounce of fat on them.

I always remember John Cooper Clarke saying since he stopped taking hard drugs people have been shouting at him "Hey Clarkey, you fat cunt, get back on the crack!"  He's about 5 stone wet through.

I'm not keen on the whole 18 hour cycle thing, particularly as certain aspects of my job could fuck it up. One day on, one day off is easier to manage, and reportedly better for fat loss. As I say, it wont be a huge struggle Mon-Fri as I can easily miss meals during the day depending on commitments.

Not eating at all on one day?

Yes.

I've become quite experienced at this over the past 7 months, and I think going into it as quickly as that might be a mistake. Regularly skipping days is probably something you should work up to.

Also, there's a maniac on YT who would be worth you watching. He's called snakediet. He lives that way, eating 6k cals every other day.

I've become quite experienced at this over the past 7 months, and I think going into it as quickly as that might be a mistake. Regularly skipping days is probably something you should work up to.

Also, there's a maniac on YT who would be with you watching. He's called snakediet. He lives that way, eating 6k cals every other day.

Cheers.

I should be clear. That's an example of how not to do it. It's too hardcore. His electrolyte drink looks decent though.

Gonna give that a go for a few days and see what's what.

Had my last food at 12:30 today, had a game of 5-a-side while ago, and dropped a "real" electrolyte tablet in a pint of water to get me over the run around. Will start the snake juice tomorrow.

He has a simple version of the juice, which is basically sodium and potassium.

Strangely I found it easy to find Himalayan Pink Salt, but I'd be fucked if I could find sodium free "salt".

Closest thing I could find is Lo-Salt, which is pretty much 34.6g potassium and 13.1g sodium per 100g.

The juice is pretty much 5g of potassium* and 4g sodium in each 2 litres of water, so doing some basic maths, it worked out at 11g of Lo-Salt (4.95g potassium and 1.9g sodium), and then 2.1g of HPS to bring the sodium up to the 4g.

Have them all measured out for the next 4 days, and bought a 6x2lt pack of spring water. So it's just a case of popping the powder into the bottle at night, into the fridge, and bring to work the next day. Piece of piss.

He also mentioned Lemon Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar. I'm not a fan of either, so I'm not gonna ruin the taste of the water with it. I bought some ACV, and I'm just gonna chug a couple of tablespoons of that maybe morning and night.

Into the breach once more...

* - That Potassium figure is the Recommended Daily Allowance, so it's ok if you're putting the whole thing into a 2 litre drink. Obviously if you were doing 3 litres, add a third to the sodium value, but the potassium shouldn't go above the RDA.

How lucky no you going for?

I assume that's some sort of roundabout way of asking how long am I gonna try it for?

Well I'm hoping until Friday. Have a company bbq that night, so if I can stay off the beer and maybe have a few JD and Coke Zeros, it'll be a good low carb refeed.

Checked in at 211.8lbs this morning.

Had 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar for breakfast. Tis horrible!

Have my 2 litres of snakejuice next to me here in the office, and I'll sip away on that during the say. Basically tastes like seawater, but without all the whale spunk.