You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard @ Stoke

Dougie Do'ins

I've always said that Gerrard should not be captain of this club. I think he can sometimes have a more intimidating effect on some players rather than encouraging them during games.

Today we learn that he didn't travel with the squad. Even though he's injured, if he's traveling to the game then imo he should travel with the squad. He is our captain and I think it's the least he should do, especially for a game of such importance and such a short distance away. Weather it was his decision or Rafa's not to have him on the team bus it sends out the wrong message.

Then today during one of the clubs most important games of the season, while one goal up and with fifteen minutes left, he gets up and leaves. We all know things at the club are rotten to the core but I find it disrespectful to the club and the traveling fans the team captain cant even bring himself to stay until the final whistle in such an important game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always said that Gerrard should not be captain of this club. I think he can sometimes have a more intimidating effect on some players rather than encouraging them during games.

Today we learn that he didn't travel with the squad. Even though he's injured' date=' if he's traveling to the game then imo he should travel with the squad. He is our captain and I think it's the least he should do, especially for a game of such importance and such a short distance away. Weather it was his decision or Rafa's not to have him on the team bus it sends out the wrong message.

Then today during one of the clubs most important games of the season, while one goal up and with fifteen minutes left, he gets up and leaves. We all know things at the club are rotten to the core but I find it disrespectful to the club and the traveling fans the team captain cant even bring himself to stay until the final whistle in such an important game.[/quote']

Where did you hear this?

Aldo was talking before the game on Radio city saying it was wrong he didn't travel with the squad. Then with fifteen minutes left Aldo said "There's Stevie going' date=' he must want to beat the traffic".[/quote']

Well Andy Gray said on Sky that Gerrard was in the dressing room with the players before the game so isn't there a chance that he maybe went downstairs to the dressing room?

If he did leave then that's frankly awful, but i'll have to wait and see what happened before condemning him.

Guest Pistonbroke
I find it difficult to point the finger at Stevie for anything at the moment, he's done more for that team than any other player in that squad, by a mile. I would be ard pushed to chastise him for leaving at the end of the season if he does, in my eyes he owes us nothing.

I agree. Plus he's been playing with an injury for the best part of the season.

We'll miss him when he's gone.

I think we've missed the proper Steven Gerrard all season. The one that's been turning up for us is half the player of last season.

He is the least of our problems at the moment and is the best player I have ever seen play for Liverpool in the flesh but he is not above reviewing his own game

It it not possible that Stevie travelled with one of his mates and so was not likely to been allowed to take his mate on the team bus which might even stayed in a hotel last night. There are alot of reasons why he didn't travel on the team bus.

As for getting off early he would have probably made his way to the dressing room. People always try to create a story that isnt there. He is a fan as well as a player. He wont look happy watching the game just like most of us wont look happy watching games at the moment.

Talk about about 2+2= 1000. Bloody hell there could be numerous reasons why he wasn't on the bus and numerous reason why he went a bit early. But of course when things are going wrong people want to nit pick over the smallest things and blow it out of proportion. We have bigger things to worry about than petty things like that.