You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fiorentina Home - match thread

Dracco

I am of the triple 3 6 (text any question) I text "why the fuck is Apollo Creed looking like he is auditioning for mutha fucking Fame?" and the response was "Rocky went to Everton, what else could he compete with?"

Haha. One of my mates always ends up texting that if we have a few beers and herbal cigarettes. Best ones yet have been:

"Is Robbie Savage the biggest cunt in world football?" The reply was something like "Honourable mentions to Joey Barton and Craig Bellamy but no, it's El-Hadji Diouf"

"Why won't Garth Crooks shut the fuck up?" The reply was "He just can't."

Why aren't we seeded for the Europa? Seems bizarre that.

Or prophetic.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually glad that we aren't seeded in a perverse way because it increases the chances of us having a tough draw.

I'm not really 'up' for this competition (i'm quite ashamed to admit it) but if we play big clubs, then it may wet my appetite a bit more.

Also, to avoid the inevitable 'Mickey Mouse Cup' jibes we'd be on the end of if we won it, it would be nice to face a consistent run of good teams on the way.

going?

I think you'll find its gone my man.

Thought Darby didnt do too bad but I noticed a lack of pace which means he'll struggle.

Alberto looked like Redknapp out there again. Didnt see anything to suggest he'll be anything much better than Lucas. by that I mean better than Lucas but not much. And lets face it that wouldnt be hard.

Overall pooh again.

Aquilani will be top class for us, i'm sure of it. Gerrard was pretty sure about that too, in his post match interview (and he never usually goes overboard).

going?

Thought Darby didnt do too bad but I noticed a lack of pace which means he'll struggle.

Alberto looked like Redknapp out there again. Didnt see anything to suggest he'll be anything much better than Lucas. by that I mean better than Lucas but not much. And lets face it that wouldnt be hard.

Overall pooh again.

You're right it probably already has gone 2003. Time to rebuild. Again.

going?

Overall pooh again.

Aquilani clearly isn't match fit, but there's definitely something about him. Plays the game with his head up, some nice one touch passing and he's reluctant to pass it backwards unless it's his only option. That said he was dodgy enough defensively, but there's reason to be positive about him.

He'll defo be miles better than Lucas for us.

Only thing is, in 2003, you wouldn't have bet Houllier could take the team of players he had and have a great season the following year. But with rafa, if he'd stop being such a stubborn bollox, theres a good chance we could have a great year next season.

Sad thing is, when Evans and Houllier left you still got that twinge of excitement about the prospect of a new direction, new players etc. With the ownership - and indeed the premiership (chavs, citeh etc) - being the way it is - I don't feel that sense of 'something waiting over the hill'. I just feel total despair. Either we need mega-rich owners, or we need football to get a grip of itself, until either of those things happens, I can't see myself feeling any better about the future.

Sad thing is, when Evans and Houllier left you still got that twinge of excitement about the prospect of a new direction, new players etc. With the ownership - and indeed the premiership (chavs, citeh etc) - being the way it is - I don't feel that sense of 'something waiting over the hill'. I just feel total despair. Either we need mega-rich owners, or we need football to get a grip of itself, until either of those things happens, I can't see myself feeling any better about the future.

Yeah, its difficult to see us doing anything on our shoestring budget. Its depressing to say the least. Its so sickening, I hate thinking that we came so close last year and didnt do it. Last year could have been the best chance we're gonna get for another god only knows how many years. That just kills me inside.

Tonight summed up what's wrong with us. A good team out there against opposition with many first choice players out, they give us a goal start and still beat us.

Some harsh comments about our players tonight. Seem to remember people screaming to give youngsters a game then they crucify Darby and a lesser extent Insua. amazing to see all those who praised Insua last season now reckon he's too fat \ too slow \ gives possession away etc.

Bottom line is Benitez cannot get the best out of the players now. He either cant motivate them or they have lost faith in him.

Our form in all competition must be akin to relegation form if it was all repeated in just the league.

He has to go sooner or later and its only going to get worse. I want us to give Arsenal a good hiding on Sunday but you know its just gonna paper over the cracks again. To me if he doesnt get 12 out of 12 in our next 4 games then he's history.

Aquilani clearly isn't match fit, but there's definitely something about him. Plays the game with his head up, some nice one touch passing and he's reluctant to pass it backwards unless it's his only option. That said he was dodgy enough defensively, but there's reason to be positive about him.

He'll defo be miles better than Lucas for us.

He's an attacking player, so there's no surprise in that. If Rafa bought him expecting his defensive skills to be good then he has serious issues!

I'm actually delighted that he's shite defensively to be extremely blunt about it. He's not a defender, he's an attacking player.

Paul Scholes is one of the worst defensive midfielders the country has ever seen but he's been one of the best central midfielders in the league for years.

Fabregas is crap defensively. There are lots of examples.

The way to address the issue is to pair that attacking player with a dedicated holding player. Unfortunately, we have a manager who likes both of his central players to be defensive.

Speaking of that, does anyone think Bossena looks like he's lost a shitload of weight? I thought he looked sharper tonight too.

No. The weight thing was always simply used as a stick to beat him with when playing shit, was never an issue in truth. then he actually played decent-ish tonight and suddenly he's looks thinner and sharper and everything.

Speaking of that, does anyone think Bossena looks like he's lost a shitload of weight? I thought he looked sharper tonight too.

I don't know why, but I actually like the fucker.

He obviously was trying really hard tonight without much joy to secure his move back to Seria A in January with a large Italian audience watching back home.

Tonight summed up what's wrong with us. A good team out there against opposition with many first choice players out, they give us a goal start and still beat us.

Some harsh comments about our players tonight. Seem to remember people screaming to give youngsters a game then they crucify Darby and a lesser extent Insua. amazing to see all those who praised Insua last season now reckon he's too fat \ too slow \ gives possession away etc.

Bottom line is Benitez cannot get the best out of the players now. He either cant motivate them or they have lost faith in him.

Our form in all competition must be akin to relegation form if it was all repeated in just the league.

He has to go sooner or later and its only going to get worse. I want us to give Arsenal a good hiding on Sunday but you know its just gonna paper over the cracks again. To me if he doesnt get 12 out of 12 in our next 4 games then he's history.

Agree with everything here except the last line. I think he will be here for a long time yet but he cant seem to motivate the players. Hes lost them. Hes not the best man for the job, simple. He needs to go and i CANNOT for the life of me see why people still believe he is the man for the job.

He's an attacking player, so there's no surprise in that. If Rafa bought him expecting his defensive skills to be good then he has serious issues!

I'm actually delighted that he's shite defensively to be extremely blunt about it. He's not a defender, he's an attacking player.

Paul Scholes is one of the worst defensive midfielders the country has ever seen but he's been one of the best central midfielders in the league for years.

Fabregas is crap defensively. There are lots of examples.

The way to address the issue is to pair that attacking player with a dedicated holding player. Unfortunately, we have a manager who likes both of his central players to be defensive.

Agreed Brownie. He wasnt bought for stopping goals going in, bought to make them go in. Something about him makes me smile, think he will be a cracker.