You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it me or has Moyes watched a different game to what I have?

RafaLaBamba

And perhaps you could tone the drama queen stuff down? It really isn't needed.

I can only respond to the drivel thats directed at me (rather like Liverpool v Hull, in your estimation). So I would suggest that you think more clearly before you start chiming in with "lost the point, have we? ho ho ho" posts in future.

Getting the point first, would be a start.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*facepalm*

As you were.

Do you neg before or after *facepalm* ?

Inquisitive minds would love to know.

If negging was all you had to do for me to "get the point that I clearly missed", then why not do that before, and save yourself the bother?

Hmm, I guess I'm "missing the point" again (at least I'm consistant)

I was facepalming a long time before I negged you. There's only you who could turn a disagreement about games with Stoke and Hull into a big issue. I stand by my points - we weren't great against Stoke and were AWFUL for 45 minutes against Hull.

Now I'm off to bed to watch the re-run of the derby again.

The point for me was we played shite in pre season and improved to average at the start. After the first few games i was worried due to our performances and the collapse of our late season form from last year, lets face it loads of pundits and many of us thought the title could be coming back to anfield and that was all due to the fantastic performances we were putting in. We have obviously suffered through injuries to key players but even with torres and gerrard playing we have looked poor, luckily torres started the season in great form and was almost unplayable in some games, we have definately missed him massively and more so than even gerrard who has looked distinctly average but is obviously still carrying the injury.

The result today is massive not just for the three points but for the confidence of the team but nothing about the performance gave me confidence in what we can achieve going through december and into the new year but stranger things have happened and we could well go on a run. Despite that the fact remains we have become a very inconsistant team with great performances equally balanced out with shockingly poor ones, this run just happens to be the worst we have had under rafa and has been coupled with some poor luck and poor decision making by individual players. We had similar problems last season but came back in a number og games and scored some crucial goals snatching points all over the place, this yr has almost become the polar opposite.

We have some great players here but also some who i just cant see us making the 'next step' with, equally its hard to trust a manager who seems to make some baffling decisions (although it could be me who has it all wrong). Personally i think we are still miles away from having a team that can go on the start of season pace chelsea have, cup competitions that we take 'seriously' also present a good chance but we need to develope a squad that can live with injuries to key players and with the situation the club is in that will involve making some inspired transfers (ie torres) and bringing some youth talent into the first team....that of course is a whole other can of worms.

We as fans need to get real, we do exist to win trophies but we need to catch up to the rest of the contenders in regards to the league.

Liverpool 4 Stoke 0

Liverpool 4 Burnley 0

Liverpool 6 Hull 1

Liverpool 2 Man Utd 0

When you let the negativity swamp all over you, then stuff like this happens. File this alongside the other oft-repeated myths here nowadays, like "we've hardly played more than 10 decent games since Rafa took over", and other revisionist "facts".

Apart from what is turning out to be our yearly cup final v the mancs when we are always up for it (and we slate Everton for the same thing) then you have Burnley who have conceded 25 goals away already this season including 5 at West Ham yesterday. An awful Hull side who were all over the place and Stoke who we should be beating at home anyway. Apart from that you are correct. Oh and I have NEVER heard even Rafa's harshest critics on here say anything of the sort like ''we've hardly played more than 10 decent games since Rafa took over''. If someone has said that then they are wrong even I will admit that but until I see that post then I will accuse you of the revisionism you are accusing others of.

Edited by Juan Galonso

Liverpool 4 Stoke 0

Liverpool 4 Burnley 0

Liverpool 6 Hull 1

Liverpool 2 Man Utd 0

When you let the negativity swamp all over you, then stuff like this happens. File this alongside the other oft-repeated myths here nowadays, like "we've hardly played more than 10 decent games since Rafa took over", and other revisionist "facts".

Christ on Fridays, Utd aside we SHOULD be beating the other teams you mentioned 4 odd nil because they are fucking shite.

Fulham

Spurs

Villa

Sunderland

Birmingham

Played poo in all those games and didnt win

Christ its pathetic to see people saying "we're not playing shite, look we beat stoke, burnley and Hull"

Never ceases to amaze

We have been shite for the majority of this season, we don't look in control, we don't look able to defend and we are predictable in attack. We lack confidence and cohesion. I know we have had trouble with injuries, but still we should be looking to do better.

I try to be an optimist, but we are out of 2 competitions already, and we lack the squad to compete in the other two if we want to finish fourth. We are in the same position Villa were in last season, that is an indication of how good our summer was

2 wins in 11 going into a derby that most claimed to be fucking bricking it about means in the overall context the performance isn't important. The 3 points, and to a lesser extent the clean sheet, were far more important than that.

For anyone to bemoan it is bleeding stupid, espeically given we played against a side who's tactics was hit it long towards Cahill/Jo/Fellani as quick as possible.

We need to play better over the course of a season to finish in a decent position and I don't think anyone would argue that but we've gottta start the ball rolling at some point and yesterday could well be that point. Here's hoping anyway.

A strong willed and minded performance wins derbys more than fancy footie does an all.

2 wins in 11 going into a derby that most claimed to be fucking bricking it about means in the overall context the performance isn't important. The 3 points, and to a lesser extent the clean sheet, were far more important than that.

For anyone to bemoan it is bleeding stupid, espeically given we played against a side who's tactics was hit it long towards Cahill/Jo/Fellani as quick as possible.

We need to play better over the course of a season to finish in a decent position and I don't think anyone would argue that but we've gottta start the ball rolling at some point and yesterday could well be that point. Here's hoping anyway.

A strong willed and minded performance wins derbys more than fancy footie does an all.

My main gripe would be that we couldn't raise our game for a Derby. That doesn't give a positive message for the rest of the season.

My main gripe would be that we couldn't raise our game for a Derby. That doesn't give a positive message for the rest of the season.

Fair point although I thought we battled hard enough, proven (for me) by the fact they might have had more possesion but for some slack marking they never threatened us.

Pepe's double save and that miss from the Russian was the only times I thought we was gonna concede.

We did our job and got the 3 points. Roll on the weekend and hopefully a bit more confidence in the squad and a few more attack minded players getting fitter.

Obviously still plenty of work today but at least we've got something to build on from here.

Apart from what is turning out to be our yearly cup final v the mancs when we are always up for it (and we slate Everton for the same thing) then you have Burnley who have conceded 25 goals away already this season including 5 at West Ham yesterday. An awful Hull side who were all over the place and Stoke who we should be beating at home anyway. Apart from that you are correct. Oh and I have NEVER heard even Rafa's harshest critics on here say anything of the sort like ''we've hardly played more than 10 decent games since Rafa took over''. If someone has said that then they are wrong even I will admit that but until I see that post then I will accuse you of the revisionism you are accusing others of.

Christ on Fridays, Utd aside we SHOULD be beating the other teams you mentioned 4 odd nil because they are fucking shite.

Fulham

Spurs

Villa

Sunderland

Birmingham

Played poo in all those games and didnt win

Christ its pathetic to see people saying "we're not playing shite, look we beat stoke, burnley and Hull"

Never ceases to amaze

Are you two totally fucking retarded, or just pretending?

This is the comment I responded to.

Yeah and im made up about it but it doesnt change the fact we played shite and have done all season.

Notice the bit in bold? Thats the fucking part I was responding to.

The response was to bring up 4 results, from this season, where we defeated the opposition by a combined score of 16 goals to 1. The fact that we didn't dominate all 90 minutes of those games is not relevant. We still won them handsomely, thereby disproving the notion that we've been "shit all season".

A very pertinent, on the fucking point, rebuttal of a sweeping false generalisation. That is all.

You're all foaming at the mouth at the thought that I'm screaming "oh what a bloody good season we're having, look how good we're playing".

Which is laughable, as I've said no such thing. (putting this in bold, so that even dimwits like you two can get it)

So, in response, here's what I'm finding so far:

1) joker no.1, who is haranguing me for "missing the point". Which is spectacular, as he continues to argue a point I'm not bloody making (that we are 1970s Brazil reincarnate). I reiterate:

The more I think about it, I don't know what 4 games, with a combined score of:

Liverpool 16 Opposition 1

would have anything to do with the assertion that "we've played shit football all season long". You're right, I've completely missed the point.

For the additional benefit of joker no.1, let me relieve you of the notion that anyone is suggesting that we have been sparkling magnificence at any point this season. You can relax now.

2) joker no.2, who takes a break from slagging off the manager, to jump on the bandwagon, by telling me "apart from that, you are correct". Apart from what? Those 4 games, won by 16 to 1, we were either shit, or we weren't.

(and by the way, the comment "haven't played 10 decent games since Rafa took over" isn't one of my own invention - it was from one of the threads over the weekend, so don't accuse me of being "revisionist")

3) joker no.3, who takes illiteracy to a whole new level, by trying very hard not to understand that I was responding specifically to "shit all season", even though he is the dimwit who fucking wrote that.

So joker no.3, what are you saying? That we were shit in those 4 games that I referred to? If yes, then you're disagreeing. If not (irrespective of how physically handicapped the opposition were), then you're agreeing with me that "Richie T" was wrong, eh Richie T?

Now, all we need is another joker, and we have the full complement for this pack.

If the mancs had won like that today we'd have heard the old faithful,"Sign of a good team, playing badly and winning" bollocks.

Lets just enjoy the win today and ignore the reports; I'm made up.

Exactly. Our last two defeats against them at Anfield March 2007 and December 2007 spring to mind.

"We were working very hard and deserved a point" - we also worked to the max.

"We didn't have any luck, we could have scored 2" - finish your chances away Moyesy. We could have had 3 or 4 today.

Gollum is yet again talking out of his shitbox:whistle:!

Oh campione the one and only we're Liverpool.............

Its you mate, they were the better team

efc__1256030111_HST.jpg

I`ll always miss the target by 5814 yards, but I still get picked to play here.

edit: First thought it was Saha, but now i see it`s Yobo the clown I would change it to...

I`ve scored 5814 own goals, but still I get picked to play here.

Know one picked up on how sinister this forum is going.

Bex Bissel

Durango

Real Red,etc etc

what's the common denominator

Rafa backers,not Rafa bashers!!!!