You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

I’m quite angry about Anny’s Breakfast and I’ll explain why. Vandalism becomes worse depending on the beauty of the thing you destroy. The addition of beans to an otherwise great meal is akin to drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa, to putting Jar Jar Binks into the Star Wars cannon, adding a MacDonalds to the Kop and photoshopping Katie Hopkins face onto Kelly Brook’s body.

It’s difficult to describe this breakfast as anything other than a crime against humanity.

Also, milk & water is not tea and hash browns are surplus to requirements and not a replacement for tomatoes

Clutching at straws here you right wing bean facist.

Even beans in a side dish does not satisfy your desire to outlaw things.

Moaning about the colour of the tea is pathetic. Have stronger then not a problem there is a full pot to the side. By the beans.

Hash browns, mushrooms and tomatoes I grant you are an area for discussion.

For me it is a matter of taste and inclusion or exclusion does not make or break a breakfast. They are not a red line. Beans are.

I can live with that as a compromise but will not tolerate things such as chives and potatoes.

What do you make your hash browns out of? Probably the tea leaves that went missing from the teapot

They may be made from potatoes but they are not potatoes are they. I would not have mash, jacket, roasted or chips anywhere near a fry up.

I confess on holiday in the past I’ve had small fried cubes which although not textbook did get allowed because I cannot think of another dish they had been served with.

I take it you will not complain next time you go the chippy for fish and chips but get hash browns and fish instead. When you moan the bloke says they are potatoes what’s your problem.

I reckon a few people on here could take this down.

http://www.wondercafe.co.uk/challenges/

Number 5 of London's "10 noteworthiest eating challenges" by Time out Magazine. 4 fried slices, 4 slices of toast, 4 eggs, 6 sausages, 6 rashers of bacon, 6 hash browns, 4 black pudding, plum tomatoes, beans and mushrooms. You have 45 minutes to finish it all and get it for free or£20 if you can't manage it all. The Challenge has only been completed once, by the incredible competitive eater, Emma Dalton, live on ITV's This Morning. She finished in an incredible 21 minutes and 34 seconds. Check out our news page to see her take on one of the worlds biggest food challenges.

No way I could ever conceive of eating all that, even on pain of death.

Replace the beans with runny dogshit though, and it would represent a light snack merely limbering me up for an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet.

Me and my mates got barred from a place in Chinatown we used to go to most weekends. We'd starve for 12 hours before and had developed eating strategies designed to get max food per pound. No rice or pastry items, crackers soup or that stuff.

The owner would scream at us. You must eat rice you must eat rice. Stopped us getting in eventually. It was fair enough we had had a good run.

• Upvote 2