You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pennant speaks out about his time at Liverpool.

Unrighteous

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rafa didn't have confidence in me. I'd play one week, then I'd be out of the team and think 'hold on a minute - last week I scored one and made two. How does that work?'

How often did that happen?

Pennant scored 3 goals for Liverpool. Only one of those came in matches where 2 more goals were scored, Newcastle 3-0 in march 2008. Torres set up Gerrard and Gerrard set up torres for the other goals. Pennant scored his goal by cleverly getting the defender to kick the ball at him and it bouncing in.

So, to sum up, scoring one and setting up two never happened. Not once.

• 4 months later...

Errant Jermaine Pennant sent home by Real Zaragoza for third late show in two weeks

Former Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant was sent home from training by Real Zaragoza on Wednesday after arriving late to training for the third time in two weeks.

Coach Jose Gay prevented Pennant from joining the training session late and has recommended that he is heavily fined.

Pennant was late twice last week. He said one delay was because he had been stopped by police for speeding on the motorway.

Former Portsmouth and Arsenal star Pennant, 27, has had a difficult spell at Zaragoza since joining on a free transfer from Liverpool last summer.

He is still having to make use of a translator in training to understand his coach and team-mates and has been less than impressive on the field.

Zaragoza are fourth from bottom in La Liga and in danger of making a quick return to the second division.

Jermaine Pennant sent home by Real Zaragoza for third late show in two weeks | Mail Online

Fucking waste of a player. He had all the talent anyone could dream about when he was younger, but then decided to be massive cunt instead.

But he isn't alone. I believe this is the main reason why there are more and more foreign players in the Premier League, but that is of course because of all them foreign manager's. Which in some ways is correct, because they can see the value of a proper player with the right attitude.

He is still having to make use of a translator in training to understand his coach .

The problem is that, even if the coach was speaking the queen's english, he'd still need a translator.

Pound for pound, given we spent £8m on him plus massive wages, and he left on a free, I'd say he is without doubt Rafa's worst signing since taking over at Liverpool. And there is a lot of competiton for that status!